Any place for peek f1?

Speak_listen

release air from one of your car tyre > drive up ECP > stop to change the flat tyre > take 2 hours to do so. can view the fill race, TP cannot summon you!

I think in just 5mins EMAS tow truck will come and tow the car out to nearest carpark. So no chance to stay for 2hours. [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

f1 here is very strict. even if u can get in, if yr seen without tag, u'll be checked and if cannot produce, yr out.

good and bad. my overseas f1 experience is more relax, like just going to a movie. here is just too corporate and high end.

yup... efficient singapore [:(]

and any lobangs (pun intended) mentioned here will also be quickly covered up.

in any case most f1 fans hate the sg track. Its just a long procession with little overtaking excitement.

Hence many are hoping for rain ^_^

in any case most f1 fans hate the sg track. Its just a long procession with little overtaking excitement.

but Monaco also like tat n its the crown jewel of F1. judging by ticket sales again and drivers comments, I dun thk that many hate the sg track.

is not the first time F1 held... any loophole should have been covered already.

your only bet is those high buildings ard the track areas... but u will need to be able to access first, then still need to use bino.

the track had an previous layout going into suntec roundabout but was vetoed cos govt was concerned about landmark. we do have nice roads in town area but the ones given are not the best for racing. like we have the 'monaco' tunnel near smu but its abit further out.

but Monaco also like tat n its the crown jewel of F1. judging by ticket sales again and drivers comments, I dun thk that many hate the sg track.

monaco is a more flowing track. like after the first corner, u have a nice flowing straight up the hill.

they like coming here cos of the atmosphere plus under lights. at least, the organisers have modified the Sling corner chicane now.

the track had an previous layout going into suntec roundabout but was vetoed cos govt was concerned about landmark. we do have nice roads in town area but the ones given are not the best for racing. like we have the 'monaco' tunnel near smu but its abit further out.

i think not about landmark, it was the FIA concerned about safety becos of the roundabout. Wait cars drop inside.

SG cannot compare with monaco, we don't have the history at all. Monaco's damn fun in GT though. one of my fav. tracks. all the ups and downs and twisty curves.

Edited by Mockngbrd

then there's turns 6 and 7, potentially where some high speed overtaking could take place.

but seems this stretch is all boarded up... probably for safety reason, no spectator stands there....

i walked around the tracks this morning on way to office, there are still some gaps to watch, but at the next corner i saw a truck onloading more of the dark canvas sheets to cover them up..... :angry:

Dont think the esplanade area is open to public. The area around there all are closed for ticket holder. So the only place that you can take a peek is from the marina square building.

is not the first time F1 held... any loophole should have been covered already.

your only bet is those high buildings ard the track areas... but u will need to be able to access first, then still need to use bino.

You are right, not the first time F1 held here, so wonder how come there are still people interested to peek at F1. After attended twice in F1 event, now not much interested liao. [rolleyes]

Dont think the esplanade area is open to public. The area around there all are closed for ticket holder. So the only place that you can take a peek is from the marina square building.

from food court marina square can see?

ooops i just realised that if it rains, the whole race will be stopped as the reflection of the floodlights would be deemed blinding and too dangerous.

i think not about landmark, it was the FIA concerned about safety becos of the roundabout. Wait cars drop inside.

SG cannot compare with monaco, we don't have the history at all. Monaco's damn fun in GT though. one of my fav. tracks. all the ups and downs and twisty curves.

But Monaco can drop in water too...but then Monaco gets away with a lot of things. Dun even need to pay Bernie

ooops i just realised that if it rains, the whole race will be stopped as the reflection of the floodlights would be deemed blinding and too dangerous.

Serious? Even light rain? Nowadays drivers good life. I just watched Rush. Last time f1 driver like gladiator. Can die anytime. Not tat I wish for this to happen but sometimes abit kiasi like tat.

monaco is a more flowing track. like after the first corner, u have a nice flowing straight up the hill.

they like coming here cos of the atmosphere plus under lights. at least, the organisers have modified the Sling corner chicane now.

ya tats y I was saying I didn't read much abt anyone not liking this track. its fast, its unique n glamorous.

n wats more now the sling corner removed. [drivingcar]

race will still go on one la.

later go makan... om nom nom :D

post-26533-1379667445_thumb.jpg