New Mini brick lane & mini Baker Street - help

Kyosho1

I am seriously considering either of these 2 minis. Tomorrow is the last day of $10k discount.

Any thoughts? Are minis worth their $?

Test driven both of tem today. Drives like on rails and like go carts.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

What "thoughts" are you looking forward to see before deciding?

he needs feedback on the two car lah, but too bad, the fat boy bought the last 2 liao <_< <_<

I am seriously considering either of these 2 minis. Tomorrow is the last day of $10k discount.

Any thoughts? Are minis worth their $?

Test driven both of tem today. Drives like on rails and like go carts.

Thanks.

Test driven them before.

Fun car to drive.

Not for me though, cos the boot too small for me. Cannot put my golf bag in.

Don't mind getting for my children when they can drive.

Really fun n fast car...

But seems tt all sold out? Heheh :D

If u don't mind the small boot, I think the car got some character!

The salesman says new stock available by mid October ie can collect car by then. Guaranteed COE.

Only worry is about the short boot - small crumple zone.

Engine is able to rev very high - salesman says it is meant to be driven like that - like all BMW engine.

Are they good value for $?

Plus point are ; 6 airbags, punchy engine, traction control, stability control, abs disc brake all round, 6 speed auto.

No free goodies though.

Anyone gotten free goodies thrown in?

The salesman says new stock available by mid October ie can collect car by then. Guaranteed COE.

Engine is able to rev very high - salesman says it is meant to be driven like that - like all BMW engine.

Plus point are ; 6 airbags, punchy engine, traction control, stability control, abs disc brake all round, 6 speed auto.

No free goodies though.

Buy mini for its chic look or its drive. Otherwise, forget about it. Mini is nvr value for $$ anywhere in the world. Must buy Cooper S. If not, juz buy swift sports will do.

it's more of a lifestyle vehicle.. if u can live with the small boot size, cramped rear seats and the lower entry... by all means... get it... the drive will put a smile on your face daily... it is so much cheaper than any other vehicles that give you the same joy in driving in it

hi there, i pref mini cooper ie. mini baker street. Been driving it for 2 years. enjoyed the Go kart feel, and its a lifestyle car, enables you to design and catches attention. However, y not wait till mid 2014? The new mini is redesigned with new engines and the standard big speedometer wont be around.u can google online ie. bmwblog.

I heard about the new Mini but I have to use a car soon so can't wait. The central speedometer is part of Mini"s legacy.

Hope the new 2014 dashboard reflects Mini uniqueness.

I am going for the Mini brick lane.

I do not see the use of the central computer screen.

The foldable mirrors are not a necessity for a small car.

The torque is about the same as the Cooper.

I won"t run the car more than 130km/hr so 98bhp is sufficient.

16" rims looks good on the brick lane.

Buy mini for its chic look or its drive. Otherwise, forget about it. Mini is nvr value for $$ anywhere in the world. Must buy Cooper S. If not, juz buy swift sports will do.

huh? how to compare swift sport with mini cooper ? s or not s..

Swift sport is so wannabe...

Prefer the front grille of the cooper and huge speedometer.. nicer and has more "character" than cooper s. ;)

No free goodies though.

5 yr servicing and parts.. is great... The other goodies are useless. :P but now and then .. they will give out cashcards and other accessories vouchers :)

insurance wise.... quite reasonable. ;)

aniway.. mini is addictive..

Edited by ShepherdPie

Mini not value for money -

BUT it is a very fun drive. For me, would go for the most horses I could afford - the entry level really not worth it!

Another option (if they still have stock) would be an Alfa Mito - is smoother, handles bumps and things better, still offers a fun and spirited drive and is equally unique and cute - AND it is much better value for money.