Do performance tires really make a difference?

Mockngbrd

In short, yes they do.

Off course...performance tyre vs street sports tyre vs comfort tyre. The better grip...the lousier FC...then better FC...the lousier the grip. I go with the former in all my tyre choices.

Grip...handling...braking is top priority for me when buying tyres. Noise is the least of my concern. Off course must see what car lah...for my Picnic last time...I would just get normal tyre...give performance also no use. But that said...I am not so extreme to use track tyres for normal road use...overkill and beri expensive. Track tyre tend to lean towards either dry or wet...for road use...if you are on full slicks or semi slicks...rain only will panic like hell....sure aquaplane one...

Off course...performance tyre vs street sports tyre vs comfort tyre. The better grip...the lousier FC...then better FC...the lousier the grip. I go with the former in all my tyre choices.

Grip...handling...braking is top priority for me when buying tyres. Noise is the least of my concern. Off course must see what car lah...for my Picnic last time...I would just get normal tyre...give performance also no use. But that said...I am not so extreme to use track tyres for normal road use...overkill and beri expensive. Track tyre tend to lean towards either dry or wet...for road use...if you are on full slicks or semi slicks...rain only will panic like hell....sure aquaplane one...

So how do we categorise Performance tyres to Street Sports tyres to Comfort tyres? :o[:)]

So how do we categorise Performance tyres to Street Sports tyres to Comfort tyres? :o[:)]

Michelin --- PSS > PS3 > XM2

Edited by Tohto

If its Bridgestone...

Performance - RE11 or RE070 (but I think no more liao...love this tyre)

Street Sports - RE002

Comfort GR90

In short, yes they do.

Actually bro, it really depends on the situation. There are pro's and cons to all tyres. There are two trade offs that I've noticed with max and extreme performance tyres which may make them less suitable for the roads. Wet grip/aquaplanning (have a look at the ADAC reviews), and how progressive the loss of traction is. Regardless of which way you go, something has to give which is why I generally go for tyres that are smack in the middle.

Actually no diff if used for normal street driving (To work, groceries, shopping with family etc)....

A comfort tyre will do just fine....

If you like spirited drive on wet and dry then get a UHP....

Of coz we need to run in the tyres but a faster way it to wheel spin them. Its just getting the layer of wax off the rubber.

Nope, wheel spin will create flat spots or uneven wear [;)]

Yokohama?

Any views on DB advan v551?

Used the first or second gen of dB...all I can say is...the Advan moniker is overkill.

Its a comfortable tyre...performance in the dry is fairly acceptable. Wet is best describe as hairy driving experience. When the road is wet...if you are on dB...keep a good distance.

• Praise 1

Definitely make a diff.

But the question is, do you need it for day to day driving and understanding of your own requirement?

most ppl when judging and chosing performance tyres, they only consider the performance and grip during dry weather.

but the best dry grip performance tyres around, USUALLY HAVE VERY POOR WET WEATHER PERFORMANCE.

pls take note of this when u chose tyre, esp if u not familar and go tyre shop and ask for best performance tyres, and u walk away with ad08 or r888, then u realise it dun suit u .

• Praise 1

I'm considering the dunlop direzza zii as my next choice of tires.

Will this be a good choice?

Good grip, and decent in wet?

extremely good dry drip, but very poor in wet i believe, i only try the 03G before.

the zii can go track also, if u alway go track, and dun have a 2nd set of track tyres, but u want to performance on track, but yet still drive on normal road,

↡ Advertisement