Rich Chinese seek US surrogate mums

Jman888

is this legal?

Rich Chinese seek US surrogate mums

24/09/2013on mypaper

MY_20130924_CHILD24_P_3850172.jpg

BLISS: Businessman Tony Jiang with his three children in Shanghai. In 2010, he and his wife welcomed a daughter, born in California to an American surrogate. The surrogate later carried twins for the couple. (PHOTO: REUTERS)

WASHINGTON

Wealthy Chinese are hiring American women to serve as surrogates for their children, creating a small but growing business in US$120,000 (S$150,000) American babies for China's elite.

Surrogacy agencies in China and the United States are catering to wealthy Chinese who want a baby outside the country's restrictive family-planning policies, are unable to conceive themselves, or are seeking US citizenship for their children.

While there is no data on the total number of Chinese who have sought or used US surrogates, agencies in both countries said demand has risen rapidly in the last two years.

US fertility clinics and surrogacy agencies are creating Chinese-language websites and hiring Mandarin speakers.

Boston-based Circle Surrogacy has handled half a dozen Chinese surrogacy cases over the last five years, said president John Weltman.

"I would be surprised if you called me back in four months and that number hadn't doubled," he said. "That's the level of interest we've seen this year from China."

At least one Chinese agent promoted surrogacy as a cheaper alternative to America's EB-5 visa, which requires a minimum investment of US$500,000 in a job-creating business.

While the basic surrogacy package that Chinese agencies offer costs between US$120,000 and US$200,000, "if you add in plane tickets and other expenses, for only US$300,000, you get two children and the entire family can emigrate to the US", said a Shanghai-based agent.

Often, though, it is infertility that sends Chinese couples to US surrogacy agencies. More than 40 million Chinese are now considered infertile, according to the Chinese Population Association.

Agents said that a substantial portion already have one child - some in their teens - and are looking to have a second outside China's 1979 family-planning policy that restricts couples, in most cases, to one child. --REUTERS

- See more at: http://news.omy.sg/News/World-News/Rich-Ch...h.yRtyKngz.dpuf

↡ Advertisement

the child is born as american? and the parents later can get US green card via the kid?

If that's the case, it's a bloody big loophole :blink:

What if it is the other way round...

Ang Mo seeking China xmm and the child born in China. So Ang Mo become PR .... -_-

The reality is...ang mor now hung zheng pai liao...and PRC xmm no money no honey :D

Legal or not is just a small thin line. If you are rich and you can get away with it, then it's legal. Else it's illegal for common folks like us.

the real rich can get ANYTHING they want ... no need to go that low

it's the "rich" but not rich enough

the child is born as american? and the parents later can get US green card via the kid?

YES it's legal - surrogacy has been legal for a very long time.

For the US, they don't care - as long as born in America, you are considered American citizen.

AT THE MOMENT - American citizen can APPLY to bring in parents when turn 21 - but to me, 21 years a very long time, who say that in 21 years time the policy won't be different?

Also very ironic, I remember reading some time back that many Americans are going to India to Indian surrogate mums for the baby...

So indeed, money makes the world go round

One of the best to come along and it's not even political!

As Air Force One arrives at the Heathrow Airport, President Obama strides to a warm

and dignified reception from the Queen.

They are driven in a 1934 Bentley to the edge of central London, where they change

to a magnificent 17th century carriage hitched to six white horses. They continue on towards the Buckingham Palace, waving to the thousands of cheering Britons;

All is going well.

Suddenly, the right rear horse lets out the most horrendous earth shattering fart ever

heard in the British Empire. The smell is so atrocious that both the passengers in the

carriage, must use handkerchiefs over their noses. The fart shakes the coach, but,

the two dignitaries of State do their best to ignore the incident.

The Queen politely turns to President Obama:

"Mr President, please, accept my regrets... I am sure you understand there are

some things that even a Queen cannot control."

Obama, always trying to be "Presidential," responded:

"Your Majesty, do not give the matter another thought... Until you mentioned it, I thought it was one of the horses."

I can donate my strong proteins to any rich single ladies wanting a baby but no marriage.....barter trade acceptable, preferably in watches :ph34r:

elephants sizes would be rejected politely

Edited by Staff69

oh... I almost forgot ...

Your products (offsprings) now roaming around in Geylang ..... -_-

Those were experimental failures [rolleyes]

The better ones rose to become international stars [cool]

↡ Advertisement