How did you solve your vibration on idle problem?

D4rkFly3r

Yup.. w/o aircon about 900 rpm..

With aircon drop slightly to 700?

Just wondering if the range is normal?

Yrs old style. Sud b able to adjust by a screw on the vacuum diaphram that boost yr carb.

Otherwise its old n worn n need to replace.

If u dun know how to do, ask yr mech to adjust fr u. Also ask him to chk yr vacuum tubings. So old maybe some need to change cos hard n cracked already.

Normal sud b abt 850-900 when engine hot n gear in neutral. Slowly adjust till the vibrations r gone.

If still vibrate at 900RPM, chk yr engine mountings.

Oh n 1 more thing. If yr AC compressor going to spoil, sometimes it gets very heavy n cause RPM to drop a lot. U can chk it n also if yr AC has enough oil n gas in the system.

Yrs is old gas. Dunno if u can still get in SG but JB have plenty n very cheap to top up.

If yr AC long time never service, can consider to suck out all the old gas/oil n fill new in JB.

Edited by Pisces69
↡ Advertisement

Tks bro!

Yrs old style. Sud b able to adjust by a screw on the vacuum diaphram that boost yr carb.

Otherwise its old n worn n need to replace.

If u dun know how to do, ask yr mech to adjust fr u. Also ask him to chk yr vacuum tubings. So old maybe some need to change cos hard n cracked already.

Normal sud b abt 850-900 when engine hot n gear in neutral. Slowly adjust till the vibrations r gone.

If still vibrate at 900RPM, chk yr engine mountings.

Oh n 1 more thing. If yr AC compressor going to spoil, sometimes it gets very heavy n cause RPM to drop a lot. U can chk it n also if yr AC has enough oil n gas in the system.

Yrs is old gas. Dunno if u can still get in SG but JB have plenty n very cheap to top up.

If yr AC long time never service, can consider to suck out all the old gas/oil n fill new in JB.

Tink i finally found out why can feel vibration liao!

Spark plug wire worn... nw I using duct tape to tahan...

Anyone know if this is ok till next servicing?

Better to change all the wires. U wil feel the difference. More power n car smoother. Better FC too.

I prefer to stick to original or OEM wires. Some of those "performance" silicon wires r all BS.

Tink i finally found out why can feel vibration liao!

Spark plug wire worn... nw I using duct tape to tahan...

Anyone know if this is ok till next servicing?

bro better get it replace. duct tape wont not solve the problem. and more over duct tape cannot without high engine heat. do it the proper way. dont wait for your next servicing. Avoid hassle of having more breakdown problem.

Listen to the others, quick/temporary fix never solve problems. Then again...for older car....fix one problem and another will surface. It has to do with a better/stronger part stressing a weaker/older connected part. For example, an old air-con compressor clutch can refurbish but will the compressor take it over time? So the question is .... refurbish or change the whole assembly? That is why if you go agent, they usually change all the connected parts and usually they do not re-furbish thus people tend to find them expensive and sometime consider the replacement either over-kill or not necessary.

Edited by Jerichol

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just wondering how did you solve your vibration on idle problem despite having changed the engine mountings. The vibration lessen alot but the vibration is still there especially when AC is on. I noticed it only happen when i am on Drive mode. Help and advises would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Harrier as well. I have changed many parts but the vibration still there.

Parts that have been replaced were;

• Engine Mounting full set
  • Spark plugs
  • Air filter
  • Plug coil
  • ECU check and reset
  • TB serviced

I'm going to check on my A/C now, hope I can solve it. Will update you.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Harrier as well. I have changed many parts but the vibration still there.

Parts that have been replaced were;

• Engine Mounting full set
  • Spark plugs
  • Air filter
  • Plug coil
  • ECU check and reset
  • TB serviced

I'm going to check on my A/C now, hope I can solve it. Will update you.

If its yr AC compressor, just switch it on n off n see if the vibrations come n go. If the vibrations r there when the AC is on or off, then its not the AC problem.

Also chk yr RPM when u switch the AC on n off. The RPM sud b stable n remain the same.

Hv u chk yr plug wires?

Thks..

Will go tye soon or pas tmr to get 4 replacement plug wire..

Anyone know if they are costly? Currently using bosch plug..

Just stick to original or OEM plug leads. Some aftermarket hv wrong resistance n wil affect performance.

Sorry but I dun know the price. U sud call them n chk if theirs is Original/OEM n the price to compare which shop has better prices.

If its yr AC compressor, just switch it on n off n see if the vibrations come n go. If the vibrations r there when the AC is on or off, then its not the AC problem.

Also chk yr RPM when u switch the AC on n off. The RPM sud b stable n remain the same.

Hv u chk yr plug wires?

Another thing u can chk if still cannot solve.

Maybe yr ECU hv some wrong readings. U can re-set to factory settings by disconnect the + battery terminal wire for a couple of hours n see if it helps when the ECU goes back to factory settings.

Neutral Newbie

Just stick to original or OEM plug leads. Some aftermarket hv wrong resistance n wil affect performance.

Sorry but I dun know the price. U sud call them n chk if theirs is Original/OEM n the price to compare which shop has better prices.

Another thing u can chk if still cannot solve.

Maybe yr ECU hv some wrong readings. U can re-set to factory settings by disconnect the + battery terminal wire for a couple of hours n see if it helps when the ECU goes back to factory settings.

Hi Pisces69,

Thank you for your advice, After replaced 4 plugs coil, it seen better and more stable. I'm not sure should I proceed to check on my A/C compressor. Still have a little vibrate will the A/C running. I have not reset the ECU. Should I do a reset on the ECU first before further diagnose ?

Clkken

Hi Pisces69,

Thank you for your advice, After replaced 4 plugs coil, it seen better and more stable. I'm not sure should I proceed to check on my A/C compressor. Still have a little vibrate will the A/C running. I have not reset the ECU. Should I do a reset on the ECU first before further diagnose ?

Clkken

Hi, just checking how much you changed your ignition coil? Thanks.

Hi Pisces69,

Clkken

U can do a soft re-set of yr ECU first n see if there is an improvement.

Now yr vibrations r almost gone so maybe the ECU re-set might eliminate it altogether.

Otherwise u need to chk yr AC compressor if it has any problems. U can send to Markcool n see Ah Huat for checking.

Sometimes some AC ws wil overfill the gas which put a heavy load on the compressor n cause vibrations when it comes on. Ah Huat can check these for u n advise u if any repairs r needed.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just checking how much you changed your ignition coil? Thanks.

PM you...

U can do a soft re-set of yr ECU first n see if there is an improvement.

Now yr vibrations r almost gone so maybe the ECU re-set might eliminate it altogether.

Otherwise u need to chk yr AC compressor if it has any problems. U can send to Markcool n see Ah Huat for checking.

Sometimes some AC ws wil overfill the gas which put a heavy load on the compressor n cause vibrations when it comes on. Ah Huat can check these for u n advise u if any repairs r needed.

Thank you for your advice. Will update you once I do the reset.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Pisces69,

Finally, solved my car idle problem. It due to the after market battery voltage regulator.

So happy now. Thank you for your advice.

Clkken

Hi Pisces69,

Finally, solved my car idle problem. It due to the after market battery voltage regulator.

Clkken

wah you spend so much but in the end is just the voltage regulator problem. but guess no choice.

as in those capacitors in blue colour boxes???

↡ Advertisement