Need help to report Traffic Offence

Dermocyma

Hi, I witness a female driver dash across traffic light this afternoon 26 sept 1330-1340hour.

This driver stay at bendemeer road and this is not the first time she do this.

However, the date and time stamp in the video

is reset and not showing the actual offence.

I can be the witness to traffic police regarding this irresponsible driver.

Question is can I still submit this to the traffic Police.

And also, what is the website to submit the report.

I am willing to go down to TP to report too if online reporting cannot use.

People with experience in this, please let me know can report this irresponsible driver?

post-9524-1380194515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dermocyma
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, I witness a female driver dash across traffic light this afternoon 26 sept 1330-1340hour.

However, the date and time stamp in the video

is reset and not showing the actual offence.

I can be the witness to traffic police regarding this irresponsible driver.

Question is can I still submit this to the traffic Police.

And also, what is the website to submit the report.

I am willing to go down to TP to report too if online reporting cannot use.

People with experience in this, please let me know can report this irresponsible driver?

Bro,

TP already announced in News that all dangerous and offensive driving act captured in dashcam are most welcome for their further action to deter the car racing on public road.

You may go to Ubi TP Stn. with this video clip to seek duty officer for his advises, if you feels face to face is more appropriate.

Edited by Fongmy

Supercharged

Do you also have the video recordings of the other times she beat the red light? If so, please report to TP since this is not her first time doing it. She probably knows the area well too so no excuse to repeat the same offence again and again.

Btw, how you know the driver is female and where she's staying leh ??? [:/][rolleyes]

Anyway taken from: http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/ser...s/contact2.html

For reporting of any traffic violation, TP will assess the circumstances of each case based on availability of evidence to take appropriate actions. Such evidence include the submission of clear video / photo footage and/or corroborative accounts from independent eye witnesses or the alleged offender. If the provider of the video / photo footage is willing to come forward, it will help to facilitate the investigation of the case. In addition, the original video / photo footage should be provided to TP if required. You may send in the details to [email protected]

Edited by Mits_jc

Just inform them that the date and time not correct. Still can use. This one so obvious she just wants to beat the red light.

ok thanks. i will do so via email.

just to confirm, without the date time stamp correctly on it, the video still can be used?

My advise to you, please run through your dashcam menu for setting mode to revise the date/time stamping weekly.

TP will take your reporting statement of incorrect time of offence in video and prosecute the offender with your allegation reported.

Just inform them that the date and time not correct. Still can use. This one so obvious she just wants to beat the red light.

This driver must be taken off our Singapore roads asap, please help all road user with your good heart to prevent another Rochor Road Mr.Ma Chi ferrari fatal accident [nod]

May God Bless You For Your Kind Deeds [:)]

ok thanks. i will do so via email.

just to confirm, without the date time stamp correctly on it, the video still can be used?

U may need to check on the time and date issue with the IO when submitted the clip to the email.... End of the day rich person like challenge every details if they wan fight the case in Court... So they will only take action when evidence is intact.. But u may wish to proceed to police station to lodge a report as a witness in this case 1st..

Everyday I will see people:

- driving faster then speed limit (upon exiting expressway 99.9% sure go faster than limit).

- not signaling

- not stopping at stop sign

- stopping in yellow box

- drifting in/out lane when turning and even going straight.

- turning into wrong lane

- parking (waiting) at double yellow, single yellow lines

& lots more.

I believe you also witness it right?

Why not also upload these & email to TP.

Tell them you willing to be witness and kindly arrange a fix date to fine them all at once in court?

- driving faster then speed limit (upon exiting expressway 99.9% sure go faster than limit).

- not signaling

- stopping in yellow box

& lots more.

Tell them you willing to be witness and kindly arrange a fix date to fine them all at once in court?

bro, Ts captured a hell driver dashing across major cross junction, is very dangerous to other road users.

• Praise 1

bro, Ts captured a hell driver dashing across major cross junction, is very dangerous to other road users.

If that I am her lawyer I would argue careless driving.

Driving is a split second descion and in her case:

Fact:- was tailgating.

The defense may claim that she was checking her right mirror as left lane vehicle might be turning and were too slow for her.

Her intention was to overtake rather than to beat the lights.

At 1sec of amber, she might had been checking right mirror and proceed with care.

At 2sec of amber, she was too near but slow to the stop line.

At this moment, if she would had stopped, her lousy vehicle might just stopped in the middle of the junction causing obstructions to others hence she proceed with care.

This will happen to drivers not paying attention to the road, using right feet to brake (I using left foot to brake as I have much faster reaction time compared to the average joe) and to lift off right feet to brake pedal takes 0.5secs.

This would had been avoided if she's driving a much more powerful car (also better brakes in contrast) and would have a better chance to stop after the stop line but not in the junction or sped thru the junction without the lights turning red when she passed.

- not signaling

- stopping in yellow box

& lots more.

What is your point? That it is pointless to report?

Even if one such person is prosecuted, we already make the road a little safer.

Sure, I have seen many such cases. I will report the dangerous ones. I am playing my part.

And I have taken time to download, upload and pen the emails. I may not hear from the TP/LTA but I know that it makes a difference.

↡ Advertisement