More cyclists fitting bikes with cameras to collect evidence

Darthrevan

Video: http://www.razor.tv/video/535694

You have heard of dashboard cameras in cars. Now, it is the turn of the bicycle-cam.

Bikes fitted with video-recording devices are becoming an increasingly common sight on Singapore's roads.

Riders use them to gather evidence if they get into an accident

↡ Advertisement

Install video camera for ???? What's the point?

If traffics police and LTA do their job, these cyclists won't end up in fatal accident. If they chose to use the road, then be prepared to get bang because drivers r busy enough to look out for surrounding cars, where got time to take care of these cyclist!!!

What's more, majority of these cyclists r very yaya whenever they ride on the road, we drivers honk at them to warn them but in return, they point middle finger at us!

If they pay road tax n buy motor insurance like what we did, then I got nothing to say.

I also have front and rear camera on my bike plus one helmet mounted one. Have managed to get many drivers fined for overtaking me too closely. Got one charged with road rage as well cuz he shouted vulgarities when I stopped in front of him at a red light. He actually got out of his car and shouted at me.

If traffics police and LTA do their job, these cyclists won't end up in fatal accident. If they chose to use the road, then be prepared to get bang because drivers r busy enough to look out for surrounding cars, where got time to take care of these cyclist!!!

What's more, majority of these cyclists r very yaya whenever they ride on the road, we drivers honk at them to warn them but in return, they point middle finger at us!

If they pay road tax n buy motor insurance like what we did, then I got nothing to say.

u forgot they shud by a 80K or at least a 1.7k coe like a moto too. thats why I am hesitant to reach my daughters to ride a bic. If I did, I will insist limit to parks. No non compliance. As i drive, i am fully aware of the resentment within drivers. Even when I ride moto, i find them...... the speed difference is just too dangerous. If a driver on left lane moves to allow 1.5m, it will create danger as other cars coming at centre lane. Or the moto lane splitting left & centre lane get crush..... when cyc ride on pavements, pedestrians get screwed. In singapore where everyone is in a rush, riding bicy on roads is like a death wish. Though when i was 16-19, i used to cyc on roads...

so bicy due to circumstances in SG, with roads & pavements bursting at the seams.......bad idea, politically correct or not. Like u said video but u are dead. On moto, aside from keeping up with speed, have bright headlight day &night with LTA approved after market fruity zorst to create road presence & let cars see you.

If right to be on the road follows a sliding scale of paying road tax and insurance then big trucks and large capacity cars should have more road rights than Cat A cars?

Edited by Macrosszero

The problem is these cyclists r not very visable on the road. In the day ty sud wear bright colours n at night sud wear reflective clothes n hv adequate lights in the front n back.

I know how invisible they can b cos I almost hit an ang mo riding a racing bike when I did a U turn once. I totally never saw him. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement