About STA report, engine oil and transmission oil

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

Dear friend. dealer send 2nd car to STA for inspection. Overall Grade is B. The report mentions that (1) engine oil and (2) transmission oil are dirty and need to replace.

Dealer promise to change to it before deliver to me.

Is there any concern? What shall I pay attention to ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dear friend. dealer send 2nd car to STA for inspection. Overall Grade is B. The report mentions that (1) engine oil and (2) transmission oil are dirty and need to replace.

if the onli thing picked up by the inspection is to change oil, then car considered beri good liao. but then hor, STA......... [lipsrsealed]

Check that both oil have been changed when you collect your car. But to play safe, still better to get the oil change after you collect your car.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

thank you all for the suggestion and build. Remarks are as below

1. Vehicle engine sump& transmission housing oil seepage

2.Vehicle drive shaft dust cover and rear shock absorber oil stain

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

Dealer told me that he talked to inspector, and inspector told him it is sign of the due of changing engine/transmission oil

Any suggestion about it?

Looks like you may have to change gaskets.

Shock absorber oil stain means it's about time to change too.

Test dive to check drive shaft by doing a figure of 8 , do you hear cluck cluck sound ?

For oil changes, it's better do your own , like Mobilelube said

It will be better if you can see full servicing record of the car. Most drivers here don't know that they need to change transmission oil and drive till over 100k km without changing it.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Looks like you may have to change gaskets.

Shock absorber oil stain means it's about time to change too.

Test dive to check drive shaft by doing a figure of 8 , do you hear cluck cluck sound ?

For oil changes, it's better do your own , like Mobilelube said

thank you buddy. Shock absorber cost how much a 300+? like vinceng said?

Neutral Newbie

Check that both oil have been changed when you collect your car. But to play safe, still better to get the oil change after you collect your car.

thanks for suggestion. are you helping others to change oil (inspired by your picture :D )

Neutral Newbie

It will be better if you can see full servicing record of the car. Most drivers here don't know that they need to change transmission oil and drive till over 100k km without changing it.

o, IC

Aiyo, STA.... Prepare for more than (1) and (2).

you are so right. I have seen so many ATF come out like coffee.

Just make sure the dealer do a proper job.

Change engine oil must include a new oil filter and transmission oil(ATF) sud b a through flush to change all the old oil out. Most wil just drain the transmission oil out n fill with new oil. This only changes abt half the ATF in the autobox but its much cheaper.

If it was me, I wil ask dealer for a discount n get it done properly myself at my own ws later.

Any suggestion about it?

U mean after the 1st inspection the engine n trans oil was changed then inspect again n found the oil leaks n drive shaft dust cover n rear shock absorber got oil leaks?

Engine sump n transmission housing might hv gaskets leaking n need to change. (Quite expensive). Changing oil sud not hv oil spill outside unless job was badly done.(Unlikely)

Driveshaft cover seems like torn n grease leak out. Need to change also.

Rear shock absorber oil stain means its worn n leaking oil. Also need to change both rear shocks.

So looks like quite a lot of things to change. Cud easily b >$1K for all to b rectified.

Play safe n get a $2K discount n get it done yourself.

thank you buddy. Shock absorber cost how much a 300+? like vinceng said?

For all the jobs mentioned, cost wil depend on what car is this.

Jap BnB car sud b <$2K. For conti, maybe double. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement