Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

who never sign before?? bloody AFVs got so many things that can go missing ....

My sgt lost his NVG, can you imagine that ?!?!?!? :blink: Think its ten over thousand, but managed to bargain down to an amount a NSF can pay [laugh] After we ORD-ed, the NVG "mysteriously" re-appeared in armskote <_<

this type of things happened all the time. One time my platoon lost a signal set mouthpiece, then somehow found one earpiece to bargain with signal storeman to contra... that was at 38 SCE.

At SOCE, we lost a large camou net... can't remember how we settled it.

At 46 SAR, we lost GPMG gun mount as forgot keep inside vehicle. Then night time PC indented land rover we went to RATC tank park shopping... another one quite common was the antennae of vehicle signal set...

↡ Advertisement

just remembered one term - Fire Piquet !!! bloody stupid if you ask me.

still must wash cookhouse, but can eat the yummy leftovers by the commanders.

At night kenna activate still must carry fire extinguisher & pail of sand run to guardhouse [hur]

Turbocharged

can lah. above 1500 must LEFT 1. (opps forgot abt that just now)

wah, that one if can remember tio 4D man. too many steps [laugh]

I never had the chance to fire more than 800m but the 75mm is very accurate within 1000m if bore sighting is done swee swee.

anyone heard 40SAR got one officer kena sign 20+ extra because they brought one live round back into the camp after live firing?

who here signed 1206 before?

what was the largest amount of $$ you paid?

The silly thing about 1206 is that the amount they charge is always based on the original cost. SAF has no concept of depreciation at all. If the signal antenna cost $3k, they will put down $3k as the amount (of cos subjected to negotiation) even if the item is 10 yrs old. [mad]

QUOTE (Vega @ Oct 1 2013, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
46SAR is damn old and eerie, esp the vehicle shed. one of the prowling check point is at the rear gate that lead to Area D.

after one or twice was Ok lar... to me the worst is when there was troop returning from area D... esp after a heavy downpour...

bloody hell have to walk all the way from guard room to the rear to unlock and open the gate....damn muddy.

and not forgetting the long walk from the guard room to the main road to take bus home on Saturday. It was even longer when we returned for reservist when it was at the old RATC which was further in.....

Yes, ONCE ARMOUR ALWAYS ARMOUR.

46th SAR Mono Intake 94

Very memorable.

Edited by Cj12329

Turbocharged

46th SAR Mono Intake 94

Very memorable.

welcome a fellow armour member. which vocation you from?

anyone heard 40SAR got one officer kena sign 20+ extra because they brought one live round back into the camp after live firing?

which year? I was in 40 from 95-97. Only my PC kenna sign dunno how many extra (served on alternate days) for driving landrover w/o license [sweatdrop]

and who want to bring live round back? so big how to hide, unless in tank. And if in tank, sure got many people tio. All the safety cmdrs will kenna, ammo spec also kenna. rounds vs cartridge will not match .. The bloody whole lot will not be able to go back to camp .....

46th SAR Mono Intake 94

Very memorable.

My BMT specs were from 46, heard they are one bunch of sadists, lucky they due to ORD after taking us, so pun chan a bit -_- heard also kenna SIB investigation one

oh, and my COs all super high flyer. Bernard Tan & Wong An Chai

Edited by Othello

QUOTE (TVT @ Oct 3 2013, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, don't know of a KK Tan.

B Coy only guy I know (and most popular) one was Bernard Tan, cos he was a scholar, friendly guy and had trained with the US Army's Amoured Infantry.

B Coy also had a CSM that time....he quite funny one, skinny guy but can't recall his name, everyone gave him a nickname one ??

Aiyoh... The guy is as i recall Bernard Tan KK.

Agree he's friendly.

Not sure abt B CSM, but the A CSM had a nickname called Ang Deh Kor (red underwear). Dunno how did that come about though...

Ang Teck Hock was one of my corporal way back to 1978/79 and we gave him that red underwear name... am surprised that nickname stays till today

Turbocharged

which year? I was in 40 from 95-97. Only my PC kenna sign dunno how many extra (served on alternate days) for driving landrover w/o license [sweatdrop]

and who want to bring live round back? so big how to hide, unless in tank. And if in tank, sure got many people tio. All the safety cmdrs will kenna, ammo spec also kenna. rounds vs cartridge will not match .. The bloody whole lot will not be able to go back to camp .....

My BMT specs were from 46, heard they are one bunch of sadists, lucky they due to ORD after taking us, so pun chan a bit -_- heard also kenna SIB investigation one

oh, and my COs all super high flyer. Bernard Tan & Wong An Chai

should be 92 or 93. what happened was after night shoot, they found 1 live 75mm round missing. as it was night time they didn't do a thorough check. that round was hiding 6 o'clock of the loading drum of the SM1 (still remember how the loading drum looks like?) which you can't see from the top hatches unless you go inside the tank. so they drove the tank with the live round back to camp. next day report to higher authority and I think RSM found the round.

I think safety officer was the one that took 20+ extra given by CO.

Wong An Chai was one of the OC in our unit which is holding a Maj rank. the rest of our OC are capt.

I think he promoted to chief Armour before leaving for DBS bank.

46th SAR Mono Intake 94

Very memorable.

I remember your batch got one recruit do guard duty threw one mag of live 5.56 rounds out of the camp and go to DB.

Turbocharged

Anyone from Armor tried this during wallaby?

On a clear night sky, take out your NVG and use it to look at the sky...

I did and I swear I roughly saw this:

nvg.jpg

It was one of the most beautiful nights I've ever seen in my life...

Edited by Pocus

QUOTE (Toyo @ Oct 3 2013, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remembered some of sm1 had cracks on their hull. I was attached together with STA pple to 42 SAR I thk to mend the crack.

we had to dismantle everything down to the hull and let STA guys mend the crack before assemble back. it was very siong, thk there were 10 or 15 affected vehicle.

I heard it was due to too much upgrading works and the hull couldn't take it and crack under fatigue sweatdrop.gif

I also remembered there was a few case of tank overturned and commander killed. one of it was parked at our workshop. we burned incense on the turret and for weeks it had a very strong medication smell. thk it was in 95 from 41SAR

our SM1 are all over stretch lah. our commanders was tasked to clear some APFSDS rounds as they are going to expire.

at the range and after firing a few rounds, the latches that hold the engine cover gave way! either the rounds are too powerful or the structure of the tanks is giving way.

during my time, we are already asking our commanders how come our tank gun got no stabilizer? how to shoot on the move?

Halt-Shot method loh.

• Praise 1

Anyone from Armor tried this during wallaby?

On a clear night sky, take out your NVG and use it to look at the sky...

I did and I swear I roughly saw this:

nvg.jpg

It was one of the most beautiful nights I've ever seen in my life...

I tried that at starlight. not NVD but bino.

Neutral Newbie

Woohoo quite a lot of Armour Warriors here ah...

Lol

I am from Armour too...

But a lot younger than you all old bird la...

QUOTE (Scion @ Oct 3 2013, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The silly thing about 1206 is that the amount they charge is always based on the original cost. SAF has no concept of depreciation at all. If the signal antenna cost $3k, they will put down $3k as the amount (of cos subjected to negotiation) even if the item is 10 yrs old. mad.gif

SAF accounting concept is the thing will last forever and unbreakable.

It is always a nightmare to Tloan the radio equipment too many parts to acct for. Heard if CE lost still must go DB

Edited by Rustyz

QUOTE (Scion @ Oct 3 2013, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The silly thing about 1206 is that the amount they charge is always based on the original cost. SAF has no concept of depreciation at all. If the signal antenna cost $3k, they will put down $3k as the amount (of cos subjected to negotiation) even if the item is 10 yrs old. mad.gif

i kana pay $12 for losing my SAW magazine....lucky it was the 30 rounds mag if the 100 round mag i cry mother cry father!

Isn't Mag a CE? This type I don;'t beach road got sell leh. haha

Return arms after exercise lei! oni can bookout after....and it was in the 80s..no mrt. if go beach road seems like a waste of time....take bus change bus...Lay chay! gibe 12 bucks...problem solve! somemore during return arms must gibe back together.

Turbocharged

i'm different... i like IPPTs more than ICTs

'cause it's a one morning event, and can get money too [:p]

whereas for ICTs, sometimes need to go outfield exercise.... weather so hot, cannot wash hair, pang sai also troublesome (too used to aircon in civilian life liao)

↡ Advertisement