Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

your collgeaue kjnow hgow to say jit poon way meh [laugh]

issit say: wahhhh!!!!! sen seh !!!!! Kaw Wah yeee NEHHHHHH!!!!!!! [grin][laugh]

She speak English with American slang. Working in Hawaii bar before deported to Okinawa. On way to Okinawa, she had been tormented by the GI and she thereby handed herself.... [smallcry]

Amercian then sold the ship to SG ..... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement

Seletar Camp, inside hanger, after midnight new tanks engines starts by itself.... [sweatdrop]

Rush to the hanger door and whilst opening it, the engine sound stopped .... :o

On way to Taiwan onbroad LST ship 'Endurance' L103, was playing with 'sauce plate spirit' and a lady in white & long hair standing on the doorway. Colleagues talked to her and found that she was a Jap girl committed suicide on board the ship. -_-

Endurance second hand meh?

How come you encountered so many spooky experience in your ns life? I heard lots of ghosts stories in army camp but never saw any myself?!

I had almost 60 encounters of such during my NS days ....... -_-

Thats why now I am not afraid of any spooky happening around me....... [cool]

On way to Taiwan onbroad LST ship 'Endurance' L103, was playing with 'sauce plate spirit' and a lady in white & long hair standing on the doorway. Colleagues talked to her and found that she was a Jap girl committed suicide on board the ship
chio or not?

The most memorable weapon I ever fired is the 84mm Carl Gustav recoilless rifle! Really loud and powerful !!!

Another one is the 0.5 inch heavy machine gun.

i rem arming n firing d claymore mine d most... fking scary putting in d TNT charge then running away to blast it... sweat until whole goggle cannot see sh!t

i miss firing d LAW n M203 lol

LAW damn old school. I used Matador the dua ling gong. Whatever position it will get in your way.

Turbocharged

heard so many army ghost stories but never encountered a single hantu

- prowling at the famous haunted officers mess at Nee Soon camp

- prowling at the famous Jacob ladder

- training on Thursday nights at Tekong

- an encik told us the story of a haunted chin up bar at Pasir Laba Camp (trainee hanged there) where the dogs would gather and howl

- and the certain level of the block (forgot which level) where the trainee jumped down, and his spirit came back every night to repeat the suicide

Endurance second hand meh?

from wikis

The first RSS Endurance (LS201) was the former USS Holmes County, an LST-542 class tank landing ship sold to the RSN in 1975.

The second RSS Endurance (LS207) is an Endurance class landing platform dock ship launched in 1998 and currently in service.

World War II, 1944–1946

After shakedown off Florida, LST-836 loaded ammunition, lumber, and cement, then departed New Orleans on 2 January 1945. She unloaded the cargo at Balboa, Panama in the Canal Zone, and proceeded to San Diego, arriving on the 23rd.

In early February she sailed for Hawaii, where she trained, embarked troops, then steamed to the Marshall Islands. Following three weeks of preparation in the Marshalls and Carolines, the landing ship departed Ulithi on 12 April for Okinawa.

With the battle for this strategic base well underway, LST-836 arrived six days later; unloaded troops and equipment and returned Ulithi on 29 April. For the rest of the war, she shuttled cargo and troops throughout the Pacific; then after VJ Day was assigned to duty with the occupation forces in Japan. Returning to the United States LST-836 arrived San Francisco on 19 January 1946; and remained on the West Coast until she decommissioned at Vancouver, Washington on 25 July 1946.

Edited by Mockngbrd

She speak English with American slang. Working in Hawaii bar before deported to Okinawa. On way to Okinawa, she had been tormented by the GI and she thereby handed herself.... [smallcry]

Amercian then sold the ship to SG ..... :ph34r:

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

from wikis

The first RSS Endurance (LS201) was the former USS Holmes County, an LST-542 class tank landing ship sold to the RSN in 1975.

The second RSS Endurance (LS207) is an Endurance class landing platform dock ship launched in 1998 and currently in service.

Thanks bro.

Brother, that's in 1977 ....... -_-

Latest one should be 3 gen leow... [sly]

That time, cargo hole smell off oil, stink and floor always wet...... :angry:

Is 201 still around?

Is 201 still around?

from wikis again, not sure if still accurate.

Following the commissioning of the new RSS Endurance (LS207) into the Singapore Navy in 1999, she was decommissioned for the last time that same year along with her sister ships Excellence (L202, ex LST-629), Intrepid (L203, ex LST-579) and Persistence (L205, ex LST-613). Currently, all four are used as floating defense barricade for Changi Naval Base.

i rem navi excercise at LCK... bloody tanks no lights only got a cylum stick behind... can hear it but cannot see it... freakin dangerous at night...

One night, had to go with DO. Camp composed of 2 locations.

The DO instructed engine to be off, coasted to a halt just before the entrance, came quietly into camp.

Sentry was signaled to remain silence.

He walked into the guard house-- every one asleep; duty SGT, Cpl sleeping on the table, prowlers also not on rounds.

He checked the detail sheet, identified the persons who were suppose to be 'on'. Tied their boot laces together.

He came out and shouted standto or what term i can't remember ( too long ago already )

If you can imagine - a big commotion in the guard house, those involved tumbling over themselves, falling over each other. hahahaha , And the fearful faces of those going detention for sleeping on duty.

Really amused myself of this incident.

Well, good thing DO didn't put up anybody for charge.

One encounter during 'night field topo' .....

Walking round and round inside Jalan Ulu Sembawang forest and unable to come out. Every turns will bring you back to the same location every 45 minutes. Compass not working (which was impossible)..... [sweatdrop]

Then remember 'lau peng' said, walking straight with your face turning to one side and your eyes looking from the side. After a while, came out of the forest and back to Nee Soon camp 3 1/2 hours late.... :ph34r:

Nee Soon Camp - Delta Coy (blur like sotong). "Loved" the otah cubes...can act as eraser.

Stagmont Camp (shivers just thinking about the daily 10km endurance runs)

Tanjong Gul Camp - 6th SIR (kenna posted there....sibei suay, sibei sianz and sibei pek chek!) (shivers just thinking about my unarmed combat instructors)

↡ Advertisement