Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

I got called back for my first ICT just 3 months after I ord. That time was still in uni yr 1. Back then, I was still complaining that I'm damn suay lah. Why kenna call back so early.

Subsequently, was called back every year for ICT , I MR when I was 31 yr old after clocking 11 ICTs. Now looking back, I guess I was lucky. Cos my friends are now still struggling to clear their IPPT or go for ICT while for me, I'm all free!

Same...my first recall was 2 weeks after i rod. Then i continued my studies and din follow the unit for 2 yrs. Lucky i went back to the same unit same company after i rejoined them. Straight away brunei training when i rejoined them. Every year kana ict....damn sianz....but we finished at the age of 33 after 13 yrs cycle....i got downgraded 1 yr before we MR after all the overseas training. Stupid siak!

Actually our kind lucky as we mr at a young age....i know of guys who kana called up at the age of 28/29. Mr will be close to 40 and his unit were all young men...cialat!

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

Me. But armor engineer.

combat engineer here. 35 SCE

same here when build bridge by hand still exist during my time...

Reporting! Polar Bear Battalion, B Coy Platoon 5!

Me Armoured Engineer leh...

ever built 24 bay across all those gap, what ex crocodile...

All hail! Fellow Combat Engineers!

All hail! Polar Bear B Bn, Coy Plt 5!

100px-Engi_logo.jpg

ADVANCE AND OVERCOME!

Edited by Sg2303

Ya...the seats were actually straps n very uncomfortable for long flights. But the c130 i took was different from your description. The centre was full of stores and the seats were placed on the sides. Above it were the porthole and u had to vlimb the straps to see outside the porthole. Funny thing was when the plane was at high altitude mist starts to form on the roof of the plane. Forgot whether it was cold or not. My flight was a day flight to a military camp ih Thailand.

i only remember the stores were near the big cargo hatch near the tail of the plane... can't remember porthole leh...

it was also flight to thailand en-route to sai yok camp... 25 yr ago around this time i think...

Supercharged

arrhh him KK Tan right... the guy who as CPT was a PC, quite sotong as parachuted in fresh from Uni. my platoon mate who supported B coy said so one...

B coy 2IC was a LTA, and the PC would address him Sir initially. Then when unit turned operational a while, got reorg, S3 got posted out and B coy OC took over be S3. Then Bernard Tan from PC became OC. and the 2IC could call him Sir... before being posted out to SOA soon after.

Sorry, don't know of a KK Tan.

B Coy only guy I know (and most popular) one was Bernard Tan, cos he was a scholar, friendly guy and had trained with the US Army's Amoured Infantry.

B Coy also had a CSM that time....he quite funny one, skinny guy but can't recall his name, everyone gave him a nickname one ??

Supercharged

Then in Aug 89, i was posted to 46 SAR, and in the few months after that, from various chit chats with our mortar platoon, we heard that our SP coy OC was henta kaki type, and one reason was more than a year ago his mortar platoon during live firing the FO/FCO calculation c@ck up, and the shells landed far away from where they should, resulting in a safety breach!!

Was he a fat guy, wear spectacles and was also the S4 ???

Turbocharged

Don't be too happy yet. My S1 previous unit, 40+yo guy kena called back for 1st reservist duty(and he's combat vocation, not service). Went all the way up to battalion S1 to see whether got mistake, since he really is rather old to chiong sua with the 20+yo youngsters liao. [laugh]

Huh?

Cannot be la

For non-officers, the cut off age is 40 years old

Turbocharged

Last time downgrading seemed very easy

Flat foot and sweaty palm could downgrade liao

Nope. I was from another coy. U from C Coy? The CSM was encik Low Tai Guan (I think) ? [:/]

Yeah, after that accident, all stopped and largar. All the commanders (Sgt & above) assembled and 'disappeared' (should be went for briefing), left the men behind to rest, sleep, chat and cook maggie mee.

Wah ha ha... i think you're right, only remember encik Low, dunno what low. actually i was from SP coy, but becos sec 3, always attached to C coy. I would attend the OC Ops orders together with all the AI PCs and Tank PC...

I still remember encik Low, whom we called siow gao. This was becos for one CO parade, C coy was just in front of my platoon. and as CSM, Encik Low was standing behind his coy. When all was waiting for CO to put on make-up, you know the camp had many stray dogs... one stupid one merrily walked into the parade and even more stupidly walked between Encik Low and his coy... and encik low, without any hints, as the dog reaches just in front of him, suddenly raised his right leg and gave one tight kick to the poor dog's belly and it literally flew off the ground (all four legs) and wailed in that instant... fraction of a sec later it landed back on the ground and quickly dashed off the parade square.

Everybody who saw it (those of us behind C coy) was stunned.

Sorry, don't know of a KK Tan.

B Coy only guy I know (and most popular) one was Bernard Tan, cos he was a scholar, friendly guy and had trained with the US Army's Amoured Infantry.

B Coy also had a CSM that time....he quite funny one, skinny guy but can't recall his name, everyone gave him a nickname one ??

Aiyoh... The guy is as i recall Bernard Tan KK.

Agree he's friendly.

Not sure abt B CSM, but the A CSM had a nickname called Ang Deh Kor (red underwear). Dunno how did that come about though...

Supercharged

Wah ha ha... i think you're right, only remember encik Low, dunno what low. actually i was from SP coy, but becos sec 3, always attached to C coy. I would attend the OC Ops orders together with all the AI PCs and Tank PC...

I still remember encik Low, whom we called siow gao. This was becos for one CO parade, C coy was just in front of my platoon. and as CSM, Encik Low was standing behind his coy. When all was waiting for CO to put on make-up, you know the camp had many stray dogs... one stupid one merrily walked into the parade and even more stupidly walked between Encik Low and his coy... and encik low, without any hints, as the dog reaches just in front of him, suddenly raised his right leg and gave one tight kick to the poor dog's belly and it literally flew off the ground (all four legs) and wailed in that instant... fraction of a sec later it landed back on the ground and quickly dashed off the parade square.

Everybody who saw it (those of us behind C coy) was stunned.

That encik Low....he is ranger trained. Don't play play hor... [laugh]

But I heard he is very nice to his men.

staff Sim is si bey familiar... but not much impression. is he the guy who looked so much like a malay,has a moustache, but is Sim, and he runs a lot?

Look like an Indian... Some say he was adopted... Yeah run a lot. He was the wksp 2ic. My grp used to belong to MT line but later was merged into wksp as well. He seldom disturbed unless need pple to perform guard duty :angry:

No lah, that one is HQ OC. I was in SP coy.

But he's also a bit fat. Jialat guy, during battalion route march, he reported sick, and asked Mortar PC as coy 2IC to cover him...

Aiyoh... The guy is as i recall Bernard Tan KK.

Agree he's friendly.

Not sure abt B CSM, but the A CSM had a nickname called Ang Deh Kor (red underwear). Dunno how did that come about though...

The famous ang tek Kor... I think he eventually became hq csm or unit rsm.

That encik Low....he is ranger trained. Don't play play hor... [laugh]

But I heard he is very nice to his men.

yah, that's why we thought he ranger trained till siow liao...

he quite ok one. every time i attached to C coy for ex i will go find him ask him where he wants my vehicle to go... never tekan me [:p] (else the coy got no more AP support...)

Look like an Indian... Some say he was adopted... Yeah run a lot. He was the wksp 2ic. My grp used to belong to MT line but later was merged into wksp as well. He seldom disturbed unless need pple to perform guard duty :angry:

wah... after quarter of a century i still remember... not bad...

i think him and my CSM were the seasoned runners...

The s4 was HQ OC. Surname was Sun.. I had shared my encounter with him in earlier posting. He took over David yeo ..famous for charging mt line driver.

wah... after quarter of a century i still remember... not bad...

i think him and my CSM were the seasoned runners...

Cos still saw him during reservist.. But he was posted to ATC.... Promoted to WO1,,, still yaya papaya.

↡ Advertisement