Let's talk about NS... good memories or nightmares?

Scion

You must be same batch as me, Charlie Tankee here [wave] Can never forget his slow-mo salute - most stylo in SAF. And he drove an Integra at that time [:)] One of my most respected encik

when got 48 ?!?! [grin]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

48SAR is the pure 'Heavy Tank" unit.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Lol no lah I not from 48SAR...

Yup 48Sar is the MBT Battalion...

I last time sign on as regular...

Enlisted 01 till 11...

I m From 41 sar den posted to SoA to become STW instructor...

platoon lost gpmg Flash suppressor during training.

One fella book out managed to find one. Case closed. Where he find it one, don't ask don't tell.

Wah...that one should be chargeable offence! I think charge first then 1206. If i remembered well my unit practice was no company is allowed to book-out before armskote/armstoke are cleared by company's DO clearance. Unless other platoon kana punishment or extra training and this one seldom happened!

actually even fire also no damage apart from recoil injury & structural damage to washing shed. Cos got arming distance

U forget about the projectile! If it reaches a populated area how? Din clear weapon mei?

Our reservist night shoot also got this type of incidence. But luckily it was an m16 during clear arms. When the officer said ok eaze spring squeeze trigger a round was discharged. I was carrying a prc 77 then as a runner for the safety officer and i hid at the steps and use the set as a shield every clear arms exercise.

Turbocharged

Lol no lah I not from 48SAR...

Yup 48Sar is the MBT Battalion...

I last time sign on as regular...

Enlisted 01 till 11...

I m From 41 sar den posted to SoA to become STW instructor...

41SAR used to be tank a heavy battalion ......... but all the tanks they used only 19 tons. :D

Since you from SOA, you know Huang Kok Hua?

think my best NS memories was to take the military driving course (although i never had the chance to clock enough mileage to covert the military license into a civilian one)after passing, we need to go through some terrain coursesone of the trainings was to drive our 4WD jeeps up and down a very steep slope at Mandai... the experience quite shiok biggrin.gif

Yes, went thru this too. Very exciting.

My BMT in tekong, a recruit killed himself after shooting his pc. I went into Charlie 3 door bunk. it was a used as a store/lecture rm. 1 tattoo platoon from E company fight with almost all other company.

Was this in 1994?

U forget about the projectile! If it reaches a populated area how? Din clear weapon mei?

Our reservist night shoot also got this type of incidence. But luckily it was an m16 during clear arms. When the officer said ok eaze spring squeeze trigger a round was discharged. I was carrying a prc 77 then as a runner for the safety officer and i hid at the steps and use the set as a shield every clear arms exercise.

U must be very fit. To be a runner with such a Tau leng gong radio set. Furthermore safety officer is the most troublesome one.

If I am not wrong the officer is at fault if he cleared your weapon(not loaded) and squeeze off, one round away. If I don't see why need officer to inspect every weapon

U must be very fit. To be a runner with such a Tau leng gong radio set. Furthermore safety officer is the most troublesome one.

If I am not wrong the officer is at fault if he cleared your weapon(not loaded) and squeeze off, one round away. If I don't see why need officer to inspect every weapon

That time downgraded to pc9l3...pai chew liao...they couldnt find any body else to become runner. So my officer volunteered me lor! Hahaha

Reservist last ratp....bochap liao....nobody kana fark for the misfire! So i rather if any corkup happen i volunteer the prc 77 to take the bullet. Yes...prc77 is the big dino...i carry it during 1 exercise...walk allover tekong. Cannot get battalion reception so fix the longest antennae we had. Skali near camp 3 got lady nco teaching recruit. All pain gone...walk like fit and kilat soldier......after passing the recruits kanasai pain comeback again....nao ya!

Edited by Eviilusion

You must be same batch as me, Charlie Tankee here [wave] Can never forget his slow-mo salute - most stylo in SAF. And he drove an Integra at that time [:)] One of my most respected encik

Yes, at the old keat hong camp

Edited by Huat138

That time downgraded to pc9l3...pai chew liao...they couldnt find any body else to become runner. So my officer volunteered me lor! Hahaha

Reservist last ratp....bochap liao....nobody kana fark for the misfire! So i rather if any corkup happen i volunteer the prc 77 to take the bullet. Yes...prc77 is the big dino...i carry it during 1 exercise...walk allover tekong. Cannot get battalion reception so fix the longest antennae we had. Skali near camp 3 got lady nco teaching recruit. All pain gone...walk like fit and kilat soldier......after passing the recruits kanasai pain comeback again....nao ya!

Rmb those training day if antenna hit instructor will kena 3 extra. Those were the day. PRC 77 damaged 1206 I think u need u need to file for bankruptcy haha

Lai lai who is still using SAF green towel at home. The towel really military grade made to last.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

can't forget the ranges and the 300m rundown

but when i went for the ranges during ICTs, there were no more rundowns

Turbocharged

Breathless with wobbling leg taking aim.

that is to simulate real war scenerio, charge and fire.

not easy, unless you are in defence position, got time to breath and take aim

Rmb those training day if antenna hit instructor will kena 3 extra. Those were the day. PRC 77 damaged 1206 I think u need u need to file for bankruptcy hahaLai lai who is still using SAF green towel at home. The towel really military grade made to last.

damage no need 1206 if lost than kana 1206. I rod so long liao...cant even remember what colour was mind....hahaha.

The worst was watermanship.....cb...kana carry the assault boat...up down up down. my section oni got 7 guys cialat to the max. Git 1 time the whole company was stationed just off tekong, 1 long line of assault boat side to side. Water a bit choppy and u know what it need only one prick to vomit and the rest will follow. imagine u gonna vomit...u vomit to the side its the next section boat but if dont u puke into your boat...nb..that night people puking like one big ochestra! but lucky i din puke...

Rmb those training day if antenna hit instructor will kena 3 extra. Those were the day. PRC 77 damaged 1206 I think u need u need to file for bankruptcy haha

Lai lai who is still using SAF green towel at home. The towel really military grade made to last.

Out of all the items issued to me in NSF, the super best I like is the....Green Plastic Bottle of Powder [inlove] It did cured my Hong Kong Foot [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement