2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

found this on a jap site...its the odyssey absolute.. quite incredible for a petrol MPV... usually only diesels n hybrids achieve that

1993256_m.jpg

These data can be created easily.

Purpose of an absolute model is to retain the handling of what has been with this model all this time.

Direct injection is the main reason for the increase in horsepower, as for the suspension it is meant to improve stability as well as handling.

Absolute model also comes with auto levelling Full LED lights which is unique for this model and dark chrome face grill....

Just a side note, when choosing who to buy Parallel Import vehicle what aspect do you guys look for?

Price, specs, reputation or any other things that we all should be comparing?

I also like the LED auto leveling headlights.

I will go back to AD after currently on PI.

Then for PI model: The top speed is 180km/h, and manual in Japanese.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I test drove the new Odyssey with my family recently. As a driver I felt that the ride was good although IMO there was a slight delay in the throttle response and a slightly sluggish pickup. I'm no expert and the observations are just based on my perception and comparing it against my previous rides (mostly sedans).

However, my family didn't like the ride comfort behind, especially the third row. My mother who was sitting there said she was nauseatic midway through the testdrive. SE stated that Honda changed the rear suspensions and they are no longer multilink. Also stated that Estimas and Previas are using the same suspension type so it'll be the same ride-comfort (or rather discomfort) in the back rows. Didn't verify whether his statements were true as we didn't test drive the Estima/Previa.

Just my 2cents

Simpler rear suspension setup is cheaper but offers space for a boot.

Simpler rear suspension setup is cheaper but offers space for a boot.

for all new odyssey owners, this is the improved suspension:

1994247_m.jpg

http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0000590660/Page=6/SortRule=1/ResView=all/#17855767

the recently arrived batches have this suspension as mine has it. all owners who dont have may consider asking AD if they intend to replace for u...

im not sure whether the AD's test cars have been updated but i doubt so considering how complacent they are

Edited by Duckduck

These data can be created easily.

I also like the LED auto leveling headlights.

I will go back to AD after currently on PI.

Then for PI model: The top speed is 180km/h, and manual in Japanese.

Yes, average fuel consumption can be created easily to temporarily give a good figure

- eg while cruising at highway or while going downhill, reset the figures and take snapshot.

Yes, nice front LED lights, similar to new E class avant-garde, super bright and super white (no need to upgrade or change stock HID bulb)

and Yes, PI model has limited top speed of around 180km/hr and limited max cruise control speed of 110kmhr with Japanese car manual and some Japanese language in speedometer cluster.

your ody PI or AD?

How much did you pay for it?

What's the OMV?

AD. price is abt there lor lol... forgot wat OMV its in the doc anway u can check LTA website mah for avg OMV

There is this entry level B-Spec. Anyone knows why it is selling almost like 8k cheaper? All the gadgets are stripped off from the car? Still worth buying than?

the car seat is fabric.... very awful.. [:/]

Oic thanks for the quick reply, Than its out for me than. Fabric traps lots of dust if not mistaken.

missing some features is fine.

But the fabric panel is really ugly... like going back to the 90's.

and you are paying $160k.....

Neutral Newbie

I just got my ody and has been driving for about a week plus. I find that the car ride is a bit bumpy especially the 3rd row even when travelling on expressways. Can also feel it in the front and 2nd row but not as bad as the 3rd. The whole car is also shaky when going over the road hump even in low speed. Any bro here had experienced this? Any advise? Other than this issue, I'm enjoying this car.

I just got my ody and has been driving for about a week plus. I find that the car ride is a bit bumpy especially the 3rd row even when travelling on expressways. Can also feel it in the front and 2nd row but not as bad as the 3rd. The whole car is also shaky when going over the road hump even in low speed. Any bro here had experienced this? Any advise? Other than this issue, I'm enjoying this car.

Tot they changing the suspension? Alot of the drivers feedback the ride is not very smooth. Btw how much is yr oddy?

some would say it is because honda cars' suspension are tuned for good handling and not comfort

:D

didnt u test drive the car before buying?

Neutral Newbie

Tot they changing the suspension? Alot of the drivers feedback the ride is not very smooth. Btw how much is yr oddy?

I'm not sure. Gonna ask when i go for my servicing. I bought it for about $178k

↡ Advertisement