2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

Curiously, leading motoring magazines in Australia seem to mostly prefer the C4 Grand Picasso over the Honda Odyssey, due to preference on design, much better fuel economy and better standard equipment.

Also, the Grand Picasso actually 10% more expensive than the Honda Odyssey in Australia while it's 10% cheaper in Singapore.

But reviews are only good if your priorities align with that of the reviewers. For me when buying a MPV, the greater space of the Odyssey, the convenience of the sliding doors, the better perceived reliability of the Honda and the fantastic Ottoman seats won the day.

Reviews below for another perspective.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/284033/people-mover-comparison-citroen-grand-c4-picasso-v-honda-odyssey-v-kia-rondo-v-toyota-prius-v/

http://www.carsguide.com.au/head-to-head/citroen-grand-c4-picasso-vs-honda-odyssey-vti-20150105-30614

http://www.motoring.com.au/honda-odyssey-v-citroen-grand-c4-picasso-2014-comparison-43690/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

just a thought...what would happen in an accident with ottoman seats?

Haven't thought about that, but I suppose need to rely on seat belts and air bags. Best to check with the SE.

Haven't thought about that, but I suppose need to rely on seat belts and air bags. Best to check with the SE.

in a rear end crash (another vehicle crash odyssey butt)...wouldnt you slide forward if you are in a laid back position on the ottoman seats?

in a rear end crash (another vehicle crash odyssey butt)...wouldnt you slide forward if you are in a laid back position on the ottoman seats?

Fair point. Have no idea. Best to check with the SE.

PM you.

Can share your thoughts with me too?

I am also looking at the KM 8 seater because I have two kids and 1 helper. Hence typically wont need to utilize third rows except during weekends, where I might need to ferry parents. The KM 7 seater features 2+2+3, which means my helper needs to move to the third row typically.

HI

Would like to check if most people here bought from KM or PI for odyssey?

If PI which is the most popular one for Odyssey?

What is the different between X-sensing vs Sensing advance?

Most people go for which model ?

Thanks

HI

Would like to check if most people here bought from KM or PI for odyssey?

If PI which is the most popular one for Odyssey?

What is the different between X-sensing vs Sensing advance?

Most people go for which model ?

Thanks

Hi

I just booked my Ody from KM last weekend. I got the 7 seaters with Navi. The SE confirmed I gotten the COE on Wed and my ride should be ready by end Nov.

Hi

I just booked my Ody from KM last weekend. I got the 7 seaters with Navi. The SE confirmed I gotten the COE on Wed and my ride should be ready by end Nov.

Congrats. I struggles between high horsepower with Honda sensing vs support. Eg. If the Honda sensing or HU is faulty does outside market know how to fix it?

At the monument I looking at AD 7 sweaters without NAVi because I do not want my kids to watch DVD in car. I like the GPS but heard need pay for updates.

Still struggling for decision...

Congrats to those who booked and bought Odyssey. After more than 15 years through two generations of Ody ownership,i still love Odyssey, but i did not continue my 3rd Ody after i scrapped mine in Feb partly KM didnt manage to get a 8 seater with decent spec from Japan, partly of course i refused to accept the current coe price. I end up resorting to two used cars instead of a single 8 seater. I still hope to get a new ody next year.

Congrats. I struggles between high horsepower with Honda sensing vs support. Eg. If the Honda sensing or HU is faulty does outside market know how to fix it?

At the monument I looking at AD 7 sweaters without NAVi because I do not want my kids to watch DVD in car. I like the GPS but heard need pay for updates.

Yes indeed the GPS will required some payment after 2 years....  anyway, for me, with 3 kids in cars, and running on 2.4, I am happy with the HP.  I did test drive Sharan, and definitely love the HP and safety. But in the end, I needed the reliability and does not harm when KM throw in 5 yr warranty. 

oh, its the direct opposite of me.

find the roof DVD is an essential items for my kids

1) Entertain them on long journeys

2) Keep them quiet/well behaved

3) They learn to watch movies only in the car - at home mainly study hehe

4) some of the movies eg hi5, barneys etc v useful for their general speech/language development

5) digital TV good to be updated of latest news, blockbuster or even watch NDP once a year

6) can connect to playstation to play games (previous ride, no more connector now)

Cons

1) may rattle if not done correctly - get a good installer

2) may block the rear view mirror vision - choose correct model. Alternative head rests monitor

3) unable to listen to my music when kids want to watch movies

4) kids may miss beautiful sceneries - off the movies

5) conversation/family bonding - control time

GPS is essential too, prefer in built to headunit, however agree the portable GPS may be more user friendly.

Does anyone knows how to change the PI oddy from jap to English text?

Did you try asking your PI to change for you?

I think youtube should have, just have to find.

Does anyone knows how to change the PI oddy from jap to English text?

No worries bro, after a while u kind of understand what it all means.

Just curious, if one gets the KM Oddy's manual, would it help us understand what the jap words are saying? Is it the same?

Chris

PS - so far 6.5 k km into my oddy and loving it. Heavier than my departed RB2 but better fuel efficiency

Did you try asking your PI to change for you?

I think youtube should have, just have to find.

already asked the PI during hand over from the PI.seems like they dont have the software to switch to english.

anyone here got lobang to successfully switched from japanese to english for PI oddy?

↡ Advertisement