2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

Not able to see the group......

The admin said there is no change to group status. I also see new members being added to the FB group.

Please try the link again: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443317995865301/

If it does not work, please PM me and I will give you the admin's contact number and you can ask him directly.

The admin said there is no change to group status. I also see new members being added to the FB group.

If it does not work, please PM me and I will give you the admin's contact number and you can ask him directly.

I just saw 4 new members being added the last 30 mins (about the time admin responded to me) into the FB group - are you guys in already?

↡ Advertisement

thanks to bro @alphard96 for clarifying, the menu on the esquire is a stock feature . it wasn't changed or modified by PI

Apparently JDM Alphard also has this English option

Bro @bieffe pls note, paisei!

OIC means the center display in English but the display in instrument cluster behind steering wheel is still Japanese. Well that's a good start better than 100% Japanese.

I just saw 4 new members being added the last 30 mins (about the time admin responded to me) into the FB group - are you guys in already?

I got this message instead....

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

I got this message instead....

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

im getting the same message also!

OIC means the center display in English but the display in instrument cluster behind steering wheel is still Japanese. Well that's a good start better than 100% Japanese.

yes, i am talking on the dashboard instrument behind the steering wheel...

has anyone successfully changed to english in absolute model? please share the lobang here.

thanks in advance.

Could I ask odyssey wonders if you are able to stand 2 24 inch luggage upright in the boot while having enough incline for the rear row passengers to be comfortable?

Hi all! I am looking at a 7 seater SUV or MPV (undecided yet)

Ody is on my list for the MPB segment and want to get some views from actual owners like urself.

Is the petrol consumption bad since its 2.4L and also any major issues so far technical wise? Thanks!!

Ody is on my list for the MPB segment and want to get some views from actual owners like urself.

Is the petrol consumption bad since its 2.4L and also any major issues so far technical wise? Thanks!!

Bro I went through the whole thought process. SUV for looks but less practical to ferry 7 adults around. The 3rd row at best for kids. 

MPV wins in space, hands down. (Disclaimer: I've not actually looked at SUV's like Volvo XC 90)

Then in the MPV segment, I went from the toyota triplets to the stepwgn, finally narrowed down to Ody vs Sharan.

from the feedback from other owners, the real life FC is about 9-10 km/l for normal driving

Some can achieve 11 km/l if super light footed

pretty decent for 2.4l, MPV weighing 1.8tons, pick up and cruise does not feel sluggish. 

i just collected my ride last week, first tank will be about 10 plus km/litre, here are my two cents so far: 

what I like: 

1. space, very good space for all 3 rows, third row really usable by 2 adults and 1 kid in the middle very comfortably, not like most SUV

2. very refined interior, love the stock floor carpet, very plush. 

3. second row ottoman/captain seats

4. blind spot warning mirror

5. walk thru from first row to last row

6. decent boot space even with 3rd row up

what i do not like:

1. stock speakers, very weak

2. cannot change the stock HU if you buy from KM, if not will lose the park assist, 360 cam, econ monitoring

3. Stock Hu cannot display radio station name, only the frequency digits

4. lack of hidden storage compartments

5. no auto tailgate

what i was worried about before collecting my car, but was unfounded:

1. read in this forum that suspension was too harsh, i didnt notice this during test drive, and after collecting my car, it turns out suspension was very comfortable, the earlier hard suspension in the first fewer batches is no longer an issue now

2. fuel tank too small, worried range is less than 400km.  turns out i should be able to get at least 500km easily on econ mode. so no major worries here

3. noise and insulation, somehow felt was a little poor during test drive, but my actual ride the road and engine noise insulation is much better. 

pleasant surprise:

1. the keyless entry and differentiate if the key is in the car or outside the car, so wifey can leave her spare key in her bad in the car, and still can lock from outside. it will not unlock as it knows the key is in the car. no need to put to sleep mode.

2. trip computer can auto reset and log the FC in history upon refuel. dont have to manually do it

happy car searching

Bro I went through the whole thought process. SUV for looks but less practical to ferry 7 adults around. The 3rd row at best for kids. 

MPV wins in space, hands down. (Disclaimer: I've not actually looked at SUV's like Volvo XC 90)

Then in the MPV segment, I went from the toyota triplets to the stepwgn, finally narrowed down to Ody vs Sharan.

Bro, same here, my last two choices were the toyota triplets hybrid esquire or ody.

esquire lost out because the height is more than 1.8m which cannot enter some of the older carparks

Supercharged

from the feedback from other owners, the real life FC is about 9-10 km/l for normal driving

Some can achieve 11 km/l if super light footed

pretty decent for 2.4l, MPV weighing 1.8tons, pick up and cruise does not feel sluggish. 

i just collected my ride last week, first tank will be about 10 plus km/litre, here are my two cents so far: 

what I like: 

1. space, very good space for all 3 rows, third row really usable by 2 adults and 1 kid in the middle very comfortably, not like most SUV

2. very refined interior, love the stock floor carpet, very plush. 

3. second row ottoman/captain seats

4. blind spot warning mirror

5. walk thru from first row to last row

6. decent boot space even with 3rd row up

what i do not like:

1. stock speakers, very weak

2. cannot change the stock HU if you buy from KM, if not will lose the park assist, 360 cam, econ monitoring

3. Stock Hu cannot display radio station name, only the frequency digits

4. lack of hidden storage compartments

5. no auto tailgate

what i was worried about before collecting my car, but was unfounded:

1. read in this forum that suspension was too harsh, i didnt notice this during test drive, and after collecting my car, it turns out suspension was very comfortable, the earlier hard suspension in the first fewer batches is no longer an issue now

2. fuel tank too small, worried range is less than 400km.  turns out i should be able to get at least 500km easily on econ mode. so no major worries here

3. noise and insulation, somehow felt was a little poor during test drive, but my actual ride the road and engine noise insulation is much better. 

pleasant surprise:

1. the keyless entry and differentiate if the key is in the car or outside the car, so wifey can leave her spare key in her bad in the car, and still can lock from outside. it will not unlock as it knows the key is in the car. no need to put to sleep mode.

2. trip computer can auto reset and log the FC in history upon refuel. dont have to manually do it

happy car searching

Bro, same here, my last two choices were the toyota triplets hybrid esquire or ody.

esquire lost out because the height is more than 1.8m which cannot enter some of the older carparks

Haiz....

You make me feel like heading to KM now to sign.....

[sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

yes, i am talking on the dashboard instrument behind the steering wheel...

has anyone successfully changed to english in absolute model? please share the lobang here.

thanks in advance.

I owned the Absolute EX and can confirm that the Japanese language cannot be translated to English.  However this has not been problem as you can always guess or use Google translate if needed.  Most of the Honda Sensing features are displayed using symbols on the display panel such as Lane Keeping, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Mitigation System etc.

pleasant surprise:

bro, just in case you are not aware, both sliding doors are also keyless entry. just pull the handle and it will opens. [thumbsup] 

do enjoy [drivingcar]  

• Praise 2

Haiz....

You make me feel like heading to KM now to sign.....

[sweatdrop]

bro, wait a while more

heard from my friend that they spotted a brand new batch of KM ody with new design rims on a trailer

not sure how true, if true it could be the new face lifted or new version of ody  [bounce2]  [bounce2]

bro, just in case you are not aware, both sliding doors are also keyless entry. just pull the handle and it will opens. [thumbsup] 

do enjoy [drivingcar]  

thanks for tip, yes SE got demo this feature to us when taking over

he also mentioned the the front part of sliding door got sensor from head to toe under the rubber lining, so when it hits anything while closing, it will stop.

and he reminded that there is no sensor on the back, so when opening the door while pumping petrol, the sliding door will not detect and will hit the cover and pump nozzle. i was surprised about this, I thought there will be a safety feature to disengage the sliding door when the fuel cap is open. 

↡ Advertisement