2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

After viewing the Odyssey at KM and PI as well as after some consideration, I have finally taken the plunge and booked a 2.0 Hybrid Absolute. What swung me over were the following:

1) Estimated date of delivery (a major consideration as baby is coming) - August for KM (as advised by their sales rep) vs Ready stock for PI

2) Higher OMV - 40K for the Hybrid Absolute

3) The promise of Honda's newer i-MMD sport hybrid technology

Hope to secure my COE soon! Can't wait... will update once I get my car!

7 or & seats? I only found one place with easy stock but is 7 seats and red in Color.
↡ Advertisement

congrats! what is the parf?

The OMV is just over 40k, not sure what the exact ARF is..

7 or & seats? I only found one place with easy stock but is 7 seats and red in Color.

I got the 7 seater version, and from where I booked I gather they still have a black one in stock. 

The OMV is just over 40k, not sure what the exact ARF is..

I got the 7 seater version, and from where I booked I gather they still have a black one in stock.

Thanks bro. Can pm me the name of the place you booked at and the price? Am thinking of doing the same.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

no, the touch screen cannot control the iphone, it is only mirroring the iphone display. it mirrors 100% as what is shown on your iphone.

i tried the mirror via hdmi cable and i find the experience to be rather inferior

reasons:

1. the display on the HU is not as clear as the iphone, hence the maps look quite low resolution, even though it should be HD

2. you must keep the iphone display turned on all the time, if it autolocks after a few minutes then the mirroring stops

3. cannot control via the touch screen or the steering wheel buttons

therefore i think using a dash board holder and using iphone to display the map is a far better experience

just my two cents =]

i can't get the mirroring works for my iphone.  i used the hdmi cable n the hdmi-lightning adapter.

it keep saying can't connect to my iphone, but it works on my home tv.

are there any steps after connecting the hdmi cable?

Edited by pearlody

Neutral Newbie

still cant get into the fb group, bros pls help haha

is this fb group still exist n active?

wonder y so secretive...

is this fb group still exist n active?

wonder y so secretive...

Quite active. Friendly bunch. Not sure, may be a setting thing.

After viewing the Odyssey at KM and PI as well as after some consideration, I have finally taken the plunge and booked a 2.0 Hybrid Absolute. What swung me over were the following:

1) Estimated date of delivery (a major consideration as baby is coming) - August for KM (as advised by their sales rep) vs Ready stock for PI

2) Higher OMV - 40K for the Hybrid Absolute

3) The promise of Honda's newer i-MMD sport hybrid technology

Hope to secure my COE soon! Can't wait... will update once I get my car!

Which PI did you buy from?

i can't get the mirroring works for my iphone.  i used the hdmi cable n the hdmi-lightning adapter.

it keep saying can't connect to my iphone, but it works on my home tv.

are there any steps after connecting the hdmi cable?

your car needs to be stationery and the gear must be in park mode or the foot (hand)brake must be applied for it to work.

once you move it or not in gears it will cut off

there is a way to disable the cut off when moving off by entering the hidden menu via the stock HU, but it will be reset to default again after you shut down the engine.

(edited)

congrats! what is the parf?

My friend bought one and it shows the parf at 32-33k i don't remember, thats after CEVS $15k rebate. 

Edited by Darevil

I wonder why Kah Motors will bring in the hybrid Odyssey themselves.

you mean you wonder "if" ??

i asked my SE before and his response was that KM will not bring in any more hybrid models in the near future. (except for NSX)

In japan, Civics, city, jazz, ody all have hybrids variants. I think accord and crv also have hybrid too.

but KM have ceased all the hybrid sales in SG.....

even though there is CEVS rebate to enjoy and "better specs" on paper

go figure why KM wouldn't touch hybrid anymore
  • Praise 2

I wonder why Kah Motors will bring in the hybrid Odyssey themselves.

I suspect the main reason is because the Odyssey Hybrid is meant only for the Japanese domestic market, with no export version available from Honda. Hence in this respect, their hands are tied since as the authorized distributor they can only bring in the export versions (EX/EXV).

And locally, despite the better fuel consumption, hybrids in general are not very popular due to unfavorable road tax policies - I believe the road tax of the 2.0 Odyssey Hybrid is higher than that of the conventional 2.4L variants. 

you mean you wonder "if" ??

i asked my SE before and his response was that KM will not bring in any more hybrid models in the near future. (except for NSX)

In japan, Civics, city, jazz, ody all have hybrids variants. I think accord and crv also have hybrid too.

but KM have ceased all the hybrid sales in SG.....

even though there is CEVS rebate to enjoy and "better specs" on paper

go figure why KM wouldn't touch hybrid anymore

Actually I meant "when". Apologies.

But probably I should have asked "if and when".

• Praise 2

I suspect the main reason is because the Odyssey Hybrid is meant only for the Japanese domestic market, with no export version available from Honda. Hence in this respect, their hands are tied since as the authorized distributor they can only bring in the export versions (EX/EXV).

And locally, despite the better fuel consumption, hybrids in general are not very popular due to unfavorable road tax policies - I believe the road tax of the 2.0 Odyssey Hybrid is higher than that of the conventional 2.4L variants.

Can anyone share what is the road tax like?

Can anyone share what is the road tax like?

I haven't gotten my car so I can't tell for sure, but using the online LTA road tax calculator and based on the specs, it's $1964 a year, versus $1630 for the conventional 2.4L variants. 

I haven't gotten my car so I can't tell for sure, but using the online LTA road tax calculator and based on the specs, it's $1964 a year, versus $1630 for the conventional 2.4L variants.

Thanks

I had not realised that.

So we will pay more depreciation per year

Likely have to spend 6k for battery replacement somewhere along the way

Also higher tax per year

But make some savings on petrol

Thanks for the discussions

Thanks

I had not realised that.

So we will pay more depreciation per year

Likely have to spend 6k for battery replacement somewhere along the way

Also higher tax per year