2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

I haven't gotten my car so I can't tell for sure, but using the online LTA road tax calculator and based on the specs, it's $1964 a year, versus $1630 for the conventional 2.4L variants. 

There is a 107 and a 135 power rating for the hybrid. Use the 135 figure for road tax computation?

↡ Advertisement

There is a 107 and a 135 power rating for the hybrid. Use the 135 figure for road tax computation?

That's what I understand from the LTA guidelines.. 135KW being the output of the motor, whereas 107KW is that of the engine.

The calculation of the petrol-electric hybrid road tax is based on the motor output, or the engine capacity, whichever is higher.

That's what I understand from the LTA guidelines.. 135KW being the output of the motor, whereas 107KW is that of the engine.

The calculation of the petrol-electric hybrid road tax is based on the motor output, or the engine capacity, whichever is higher.

The petrol savings for the hybrid vs the petrol variant should outweigh the $300+ diff in annual road tax.

You also get a more powerful car with the hybrid. But the hybrid (like the other PI petrol odys) has jap dashboard...

(edited)

Am a new Odyssey owner. I cannot seem to find a car location alarm on the key. Where is it?

You will get quicker response from the odyssey fb group. PM me if you are not able to find or join the group. I cannot answer your question as I am still waiting to get keys to my odyssey (hybrid)  [:p]

Edited by shiyofc

Neutral Newbie

You will get quicker response from the odyssey fb group. PM me if you are not able to find or join the group. I cannot advise as I am still waiting to get keys to my odyssey (hybrid) [:p]

Thanks. Will try to find

Neutral Newbie

You will get quicker response from the odyssey fb group. PM me if you are not able to find or join the group. I cannot answer your question as I am still waiting to get keys to my odyssey (hybrid) [:p]

Can PM me to join the odyssey FB group? Thanks.

Am a new Odyssey owner. I cannot seem to find a car location alarm on the key. Where is it?

There is no car location alarm on the stock remote, so do take note of where you park.

Collected my Odyssey Hybrid Absolute today!

All in all, took just over 2 weeks from time of booking to car collection and I am pretty satisfied with the experience.

Looks just like the petrol version, except for small details such as the Hybrid logo at the side and the rear

post-188846-0-38756900-1495546432.jpg

Blue tinged rear logo

post-188846-0-53595000-1495546529.jpg

No sunroof, leather + fabric seats

post-188846-0-09020800-1495547218.jpg

Blue tinged instrument panel 

post-188846-0-93288900-1495546591.jpg

I haven't driven the petrol version so can't make a comparison between the two. However as with any other hybrid, what struck me immediately was the silence and lack of vibrations when driving off at low speeds.. and the soft whirr when braking. The petrol engine kicks in intermittently and rather unobstrusively, especially when cruising at highway speeds. Have not tried to mesh pedal to metal, so I can't yet comment on the purported disconnect between engine speed (and sound) and car acceleration as reported in some online reviews. Will definitely update again after I have done some spirited driving, probably after the run in period is over.  [:p]

• Praise 3

All in all, took just over 2 weeks from time of booking to car collection and I am pretty satisfied with the experience.

Looks just like the petrol version, except for small details such as the Hybrid logo at the side and the rear

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

Blue tinged rear logo

attachicon.gifimage4.JPG

attachicon.gifimage3.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

I haven't driven the petrol version so can't make a comparison between the two. However as with any other hybrid, what struck me immediately was the silence and lack of vibrations when driving off at low speeds.. and the soft whirr when braking. The petrol engine kicks in intermittently and rather unobstrusively, especially when cruising at highway speeds. Have not tried to mesh pedal to metal, so I can't yet comment on the purported disconnect between engine speed (and sound) and car acceleration as reported in some online reviews. Will definitely update again after I have done some spirited driving, probably after the run in period is over.  [:p]

Looks good! Waiting for my hybrid to arrive. Join us on Honda Odyssey SG fb group.

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifimage1.JPG

Blue tinged rear logo

attachicon.gifimage4.JPG

attachicon.gifimage3.JPG

attachicon.gifimage2.JPG

very nice bro!!

keep the reviews coming and congrats on your new hybrid, one of the rare breeds in SG

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi bros, im considering getting a brand new 2017 facelifted gasoline ody. Is there any improvement in ride comfort compared to 2014-2016 version? I heard the first batch has bouncy and nauseatic ride over uneven road. Thx

Looks good! Waiting for my hybrid to arrive. Join us on Honda Odyssey SG fb group.

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook account yet, but will be signing up for one soon!

Went to install my in-car camera yesterday and was seriously tempted by the myriad of possible upgrades/mods at the shop. 

- Sound system: I found the quality of the sound system that came with the car to be somewhat one-dimensional and lacking in bass.. the sound seems to only come from the front. Contemplating to upgrade the Pioneer head unit that came with the car to the 8850BT, not sure if that will improve the sound quality, assuming the stock speakers are left as they are. At this stage I am not sure if I want to do such drastic mods as to replace the stock speakers with more powerful ones.

- Camera system: the reverse camera system that came with the car is adequate for my use, but was told by the shop that aftermarket upgrading to a surround camera system for parking is a possibility.. am sure my wife would appreciate that. I guess that would be something like the Odyssey from Kah Motors. Still have not decided on whether to go ahead with that...

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook account yet, but will be signing up for one soon!

Went to install my in-car camera yesterday and was seriously tempted by the myriad of possible upgrades/mods at the shop.

- Sound system: I found the quality of the sound system that came with the car to be somewhat one-dimensional and lacking in bass.. the sound seems to only come from the front. Contemplating to upgrade the Pioneer head unit that came with the car to the 8850BT, not sure if that will improve the sound quality, assuming the stock speakers are left as they are. At this stage I am not sure if I want to do such drastic mods as to replace the stock speakers with more powerful ones.

- Camera system: the reverse camera system that came with the car is adequate for my use, but was told by the shop that aftermarket upgrading to a surround camera system for parking is a possibility.. am sure my wife would appreciate that. I guess that would be something like the Odyssey from Kah Motors. Still have not decided on whether to go ahead with that...

I book the newfacelife hybrid 8 seater n waiting for the shipment, can pm me where u upgrade the camara n sound system

I book the newfacelife hybrid 8 seater n waiting for the shipment, can pm me where u upgrade the camara n sound system

Well I haven't upgraded the sound system or reverse camera system, still deliberating if I should do it..

Anyway more than a week into driving the car, and after topping up full tank and then resetting the trip odometer, the indicated fuel consumption so far looks pretty promising... the on-board system estimates 19+ km/L though I am not sure whether or not to believe that figure. I find that the car is in EV mode with the engine shut off about 30-40% of the time. Was driving with the ECON mode on initially but found the acceleration somewhat wanting in this mode. 

Still trying to decipher the Japanese characters and learn the various electronic features esp the Honda Sensing...

post-188846-0-45155400-1496412743.jpg

• Praise 1

(edited)

I owned the Absolute EX and can confirm that the Japanese language cannot be translated to English.  However this has not been problem as you can always guess or use Google translate if needed.  Most of the Honda Sensing features are displayed using symbols on the display panel such as Lane Keeping, Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Mitigation System etc.

ok, seems like will be stuck looking at jap characters.

btw, is there a switch to on the DRL led lights like those kah motors variants?

i think there's 4 led bulbs in there but don't know where is the wiring for it to switch it on.

any bros here managed to enable these drl leds on their PI ody?

thanks alot.

Edited by Ryosuke

Congrats to those who have just collected or booked their rides. 360 camera system can be done in car audio shops like Foon Audio Garage. I drive a PI Absolute 20th anniversary model and had the after market 360 camera system done. Stock speakers are not that great, so can go for audio upgrade and have some sound proofing done at the same time.

The PI variants don't have DRL. There are 2 options. 1 is to install a switch to use the LED strip parking light (unique only to the JDM models) as the DRL. 2nd option is to go to Dr Glass to install LED bulbs in the area below to have something similar to the KM version and a switch to have the lights on when the engine is started.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1