2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

For those who have the hybrid cars, does the middle row have Isofix for infant car seat installations?

Just to follow-up on this. How many isofix points are there for the 8 seater variant? If there are only 2, how do you guys access the 3rd row after deploying the 2 car seats on either side of the second row?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Visited KM last weekend...looking at Y2018 facelift ...EXV-s $154,999 or EXV-s Navi Res $160,999 price;  diff ~6k for Honda Sensing

Not sure how useful is the Honda Sensing? useful only for long distance travelling like to Malaysia? 

Any bro bought with Honda Sensing? Appreciate your comments, please.

Thank you!

• Praise 1

Visited KM last weekend...looking at Y2018 facelift ...EXV-s $154,999 or EXV-s Navi Res $160,999 price;  diff ~6k for Honda Sensing

Not sure how useful is the Honda Sensing? useful only for long distance travelling like to Malaysia? 

Any bro bought with Honda Sensing? Appreciate your comments, please.

Thank you!

I'm driving the odyssey hybrid with sensing (PI). So far the following 4 features have been helpful.

1) lane departure warning

2) cmbs

3) the beep that comes on when the car in front has moved off and you are still stationary

4) forward collision warning

I don't use lane keeping assist.

You may want to join the odyssey FB group which is a lot more active.

• Praise 1

I'm driving the odyssey hybrid with sensing (PI). So far the following 4 features have been helpful.

1) lane departure warning

2) cmbs

3) the beep that comes on when the car in front has moved off and you are still stationary

4) forward collision warning

I don't use lane keeping assist.

You may want to join the odyssey FB group which is a lot more active.

Hi Bro shiyofc

Thank you very much for your kind reply and it is very helpful.

Joining odyseey FB, awaiting for Admin approval.

Have an joyful day! 

Hi Bros, just to know if any recommended SE ...

My SE is Chin. Nice chap you may look for him. I just traded in my 2016 odyssey for the navi model. My trade in price was very attractive. If you want for info about it can pm me. Cheers George
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, I exploring to change to a full size 7 seater w sliding door. Therefore narrowed down to Estima and Odyssey.

Can I check to the 7 seater version, Is there ISO fix for every seat?

And whats the average petrol consumption for maybe 50 /50 highway / urban driving?

Edited by Shawntcl
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, I exploring to change to a full size 7 seater w sliding door. Therefore narrowed down to Estima and Odyssey.

Can I check to the 7 seater version, Is there ISO fix for every seat?

And whats the average petrol consumption for maybe 50 /50 highway / urban driving?

I know for sure there are isofix points for the middle row 2 seats, not sure about the rest as I have not used them before.

With regards to the average petrol consumption, I’m driving the odyssey hybrid, and have found that it ranges from about 19km/L for 90-10 highway-urban driving to about 15km/L for 90-10 urban-highway driving. I’ve been fortunate(or unfortunate) enough to have a change in office location since I’ve gotten the car. So for a 50-50 mix will be somewhere in between. For the conventional petrol variant, I’ve no personal experience but I gather it’s in the region of 8-9km/L.

• Praise 1

I know for sure there are isofix points for the middle row 2 seats, not sure about the rest as I have not used them before.

With regards to the average petrol consumption, Iâm driving the odyssey hybrid, and have found that it ranges from about 19km/L for 90-10 highway-urban driving to about 15km/L for 90-10 urban-highway driving. Iâve been fortunate(or unfortunate) enough to have a change in office location since Iâve gotten the car. So for a 50-50 mix will be somewhere in between. For the conventional petrol variant, Iâve no personal experience but I gather itâs in the region of 8-9km/L.

Bro do u mind sharing with me the price and package details of your deal?

Bro do u mind sharing with me the price and package details of your deal?

Yup I got it for 165k.. PI of course as Kah Motors does not sell the hybrid variant. It was 5k more than the EXV version from Kah Motors at that time. 7 seater Absolute hybrid with all the bells and whistles such as Honda sensing (in Japanese) etc but no sunroof. I posted some photos earlier in this thread when I had just collected the car. 3 year warranty and free servicing at private workshop (but must still pay for engine oil which comes up to 100+), 5 year warranty for the hybrid battery. So far been problem-free and I’m quite happy with it. Drive it lightly with ECO mode on and it should reward you with its fuel efficiency.

For those who may prefer to have their servicing done at Kah motors, they are happy to service a PI Odyssey after the initial 3 year PI warranty.. this I have checked with them.

• Praise 2

With regards to the average petrol consumption, I’m driving the odyssey hybrid, and have found that it ranges from about 19km/L for 90-10 highway-urban driving to about 15km/L for 90-10 urban-highway driving. I’ve been fortunate(or unfortunate) enough to have a change in office location since I’ve gotten the car. So for a 50-50 mix will be somewhere in between. For the conventional petrol variant, I’ve no personal experience but I gather it’s in the region of 8-9km/L.

post-185862-0-78409500-1521470088_thumb.jpg

I am mostly about 80-20 urban-highway driving & averages 15-16km/L. But recently had the opportunity to top up petrol prior to going onto the expressway (to and fro) and managed to hit 22.5km/l on my hybrid. This is probably close to what you can hit on the hybrid if you are driving 10-90 urban-highway.

• Praise 1

Yup I got it for 165k.. PI of course as Kah Motors does not sell the hybrid variant. It was 5k more than the EXV version from Kah Motors at that time. 7 seater Absolute hybrid with all the bells and whistles such as Honda sensing (in Japanese) etc but no sunroof. I posted some photos earlier in this thread when I had just collected the car. 3 year warranty and free servicing at private workshop (but must still pay for engine oil which comes up to 100+), 5 year warranty for the hybrid battery. So far been problem-free and I’m quite happy with it. Drive it lightly with ECO mode on and it should reward you with its fuel efficiency.

For those who may prefer to have their servicing done at Kah motors, they are happy to service a PI Odyssey after the initial 3 year PI warranty.. this I have checked with them.

Thanks for the info on KAH. But I doubt they will have the tools to service a hybrid car since they are not bringing it in?

Thanks for the info on KAH. But I doubt they will have the tools to service a hybrid car since they are not bringing it in?

Yup they will probably just be able to do the usual oil change etc.. but with the large number of Honda hybrids on sg roads these days I’m sure there are workshops around that can handle hybrid car related problems.

Neutral Newbie

Hi people

I am in a dilemma to secure a Honda Odyssey, 8 seat Hybrid (PI). So maybe all the lao jiao can give some suggestions

A few things of concern, the pending VES rating of this Hybrid after 1st of July, fuel consumption and reliable PI

I was informed that the VES of this car is currently 10K rebate for the existing stock, based on PI existing stock

But after 1st July, the common consensus seem to suggest it will be reduce to either neutral or 10K surcharge. Likely reason because it is a MPV with a big 2.0 engine, so likely chance of a higher emission, even though it is a hybrid. 

Really?

I am comparing it to the normal 2.4L 8 Seat from KM, in terms of fuel efficiency, is this really good compare to the KM one? based on paper, it is like 14 km/L vs 24 Km/L. Almost double. would it really be that good in actual operation?

Currently I only know Leco is holding one 8 seat hybrid (black), anyone else know other PI that is holding 8 seat Hybrid based on 10K rebate VES as stock? I am honestly looking to indent a red one if no Red one in Singapore, just personal preference. 

and lastly, do you think it is worth the wait to get a PI 8 seater hybrid with the new VES affected pricing or go ahead with getting a underspec KM petrol 8 seat now? KM have all the colours and it is around 10k cheaper. 

Thanks

Hi people

I am in a dilemma to secure a Honda Odyssey, 8 seat Hybrid (PI). So maybe all the lao jiao can give some suggestions

A few things of concern, the pending VES rating of this Hybrid after 1st of July, fuel consumption and reliable PI

I was informed that the VES of this car is currently 10K rebate for the existing stock, based on PI existing stock

But after 1st July, the common consensus seem to suggest it will be reduce to either neutral or 10K surcharge. Likely reason because it is a MPV with a big 2.0 engine, so likely chance of a higher emission, even though it is a hybrid. 

Really?

I am comparing it to the normal 2.4L 8 Seat from KM, in terms of fuel efficiency, is this really good compare to the KM one? based on paper, it is like 14 km/L vs 24 Km/L. Almost double. would it really be that good in actual operation?

Currently I only know Leco is holding one 8 seat hybrid (black), anyone else know other PI that is holding 8 seat Hybrid based on 10K rebate VES as stock? I am honestly looking to indent a red one if no Red one in Singapore, just personal preference. 

and lastly, do you think it is worth the wait to get a PI 8 seater hybrid with the new VES affected pricing or go ahead with getting a underspec KM petrol 8 seat now? KM have all the colours and it is around 10k cheaper. 

Thanks

No comments about the VES rating or PI stocks. 

For fuel efficiency, yes, the hybrid wins KM's 2.4L.

Personally I’m not sure if I will want to get a car from a PI without seeing it ‘in the flesh’ so to speak. I’m sure you will need to place a deposit of some sort before they will indent it for you. If the colour is important and not available I may just go for the AD version, just my personal opinion. Not sure about the VES banding for the odyssey hybrid though.

On a separate note, I must say that to date I still haven’t seen another Hybrid odyssey around on the roads!

Personally I’m not sure if I will want to get a car from a PI without seeing it ‘in the flesh’ so to speak. I’m sure you will need to place a deposit of some sort before they will indent it for you. If the colour is important and not available I may just go for the AD version, just my personal opinion. Not sure about the VES banding for the odyssey hybrid though.

On a separate note, I must say that to date I still haven’t seen another Hybrid odyssey around on the roads!

My hybrid was indented by a PI. Had to wait 4 months +.

↡ Advertisement