2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

But also have to take into consideration that RoadTax for the 2.0 Hybrid is higher the 2.4 model.

Yes but it’s worth it if your mileage is high.

I can save about 1.8k on petrol a year.

looking to get an odyssey. any known issues that i should take note of?

Mainly I think the suspension set up can be improve. The 3rd row bounces quite a bit.

The rest I feel it’s normal wear and tear.

• Praise 1

Yes but it’s worth it if your mileage is high.

I can save about 1.8k on petrol a year.

Mainly I think the suspension set up can be improve. The 3rd row bounces quite a bit.

The rest I feel it’s normal wear and tear.

I think so too dude.

But third row? dont know man never get a chance to even sit on the 2nd row. cannot comment on the 3rd. hahah

• Praise 1

Hi all, anyone booked the 8 seater EX recently?  Mind to share what price and package you got?  Checked with KM and they don't have any discounts.

thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi all, anyone booked the 8 seater EX recently?  Mind to share what price and package you got?  Checked with KM and they don't have any discounts.

thanks.

Bro, PM you

Need some help from bros here.. recently planning to change my small sedan to 8 seater due to new dependent... i have test drove both odyssey 7 seater and previa from KM and BM respectively... to me really not much different in power and space (however odyssey interior wins by miles). 

I am looking at this 3 choices 

- Honda Odyssey 8 Seater (From KM no sunroof) 

- Honda Odyssey Hybrid 8 Seater (From PI LECO) More expensive than KM by 16k 

- Toyota Estima 8 Seater (From PI LECO as well) Most expensive at 160k+++

Btw... abit heartpain is recently cat B COE just up 5k... so all 3 models up price, and both KM or PI all never give me discount, really need some solid advice and lobang.. i am really leaning towards Odyssey hybrid.

Need some help from bros here.. recently planning to change my small sedan to 8 seater due to new dependent... i have test drove both odyssey 7 seater and previa from KM and BM respectively... to me really not much different in power and space (however odyssey interior wins by miles). 

I am looking at this 3 choices 

- Honda Odyssey 8 Seater (From KM no sunroof) 

- Honda Odyssey Hybrid 8 Seater (From PI LECO) More expensive than KM by 16k 

- Toyota Estima 8 Seater (From PI LECO as well) Most expensive at 160k+++

Btw... abit heartpain is recently cat B COE just up 5k... so all 3 models up price, and both KM or PI all never give me discount, really need some solid advice and lobang.. i am really leaning towards Odyssey hybrid.

Hello,

Estima exterior looks dated. IMO la. so I guess it boils down into price. What is that Estima has that justify the difference in price as compared to Honda Ody. If you can't find a value proposition to justify the price difference, then it will make your choice easier.

Onto Honda Ody, between PI vs KM, there's a few slight differences - horsepower, spare tire compartment among others. I think one of the small discomfort for KM owners is the spare tire compartment between the 1st and 2nd row, PI is totally flat for more leg room/mods for amps/sub and what's not....

Between a Hybrid vs Petrol version of a Honda Ody. Ask yourself whether the price difference is justifiable. When I was making my buying decision, I knew my annual mileage is around 20k-23k km, with this mileage history, it will take me close to 7yrs to "breakeven" w/o taking into consideration of hybrid battery breakdown...so for me, I don't find any "value" that I can derive from driving a Hybrid.

In order to squeeze value out of an hybrid, a person need to be doing close to 27k-30k km annually, so as to bring down the breakeven point to close to 4-5yrs. Hybrid has more instanteous power drag starting from 0km/hr, the pull is faster as well compared to petrol version.

I was looking @ Honda Ody, Toyota Estima, Alphard/Vellfire, Sharan, BMW 2 Tourer, Biante....in the end settled on PI Honda Ody. I feel Ody is the most suitable MPV which drive-feel like a sedan car, yet ample 3rd row space that can sit me (1.75m, plump-size person), still have ample boot space even with 3rd row up. Yes, the power might be lacking for some when compared with Sharan/Touran, BMW 2 but hey...you are not looking for a racing-MPV right?

If you are more/less settled on Honda Ody, feel free to join us @ FB...search for Honda Odyssey Singapore. Family-friendly group of brothers and sisters to continue your questions over there. Happy searching. 

Hello,

Estima exterior looks dated. IMO la. so I guess it boils down into price. What is that Estima has that justify the difference in price as compared to Honda Ody. If you can't find a value proposition to justify the price difference, then it will make your choice easier.

Onto Honda Ody, between PI vs KM, there's a few slight differences - horsepower, spare tire compartment among others. I think one of the small discomfort for KM owners is the spare tire compartment between the 1st and 2nd row, PI is totally flat for more leg room/mods for amps/sub and what's not....

Between a Hybrid vs Petrol version of a Honda Ody. Ask yourself whether the price difference is justifiable. When I was making my buying decision, I knew my annual mileage is around 20k-23k km, with this mileage history, it will take me close to 7yrs to "breakeven" w/o taking into consideration of hybrid battery breakdown...so for me, I don't find any "value" that I can derive from driving a Hybrid.

In order to squeeze value out of an hybrid, a person need to be doing close to 27k-30k km annually, so as to bring down the breakeven point to close to 4-5yrs. Hybrid has more instanteous power drag starting from 0km/hr, the pull is faster as well compared to petrol version.

I was looking @ Honda Ody, Toyota Estima, Alphard/Vellfire, Sharan, BMW 2 Tourer, Biante....in the end settled on PI Honda Ody. I feel Ody is the most suitable MPV which drive-feel like a sedan car, yet ample 3rd row space that can sit me (1.75m, plump-size person), still have ample boot space even with 3rd row up. Yes, the power might be lacking for some when compared with Sharan/Touran, BMW 2 but hey...you are not looking for a racing-MPV right?

If you are more/less settled on Honda Ody, feel free to join us @ FB...search for Honda Odyssey Singapore. Family-friendly group of brothers and sisters to continue your questions over there. Happy searching. 

Thanks so much bro jason.. I think I pretty much decided on Ody. I really cant stand estima interior... 

Yes, to me i feel hybrid quite pointless as I only averages 20km max per year. However PI seem to only sell hybrid now... Yes i have joined the FB group. Need some advice on where to buy/or any discounts to get from KM...

Thanks so much bro jason.. I think I pretty much decided on Ody. I really cant stand estima interior...

Yes, to me i feel hybrid quite pointless as I only averages 20km max per year. However PI seem to only sell hybrid now... Yes i have joined the FB group. Need some advice on where to buy/or any discounts to get from KM...

PM you bro

Hello,

The spare tire compartment between 1st row and 2nd row is something I don't like.

I find Ody 3rd row has longer seat cushion and more comfortable for taller passenger.

If you getting from PI, better to get from PIs which are CASE-trusted. In case anything fail, got fall back safety net. Otherwise don’t commit too much to PI which ask for more than norm deposit, engage with PIs with ready stock on hand which are already VAC ready. I think you can check with CASE website which car workshop is CASE trusted.

Try as much to go with guaranteed COE plans also within 2-4 bids. (Consecutive bids). Everything also put in black and white.

If going with KM, the usual freebies are always that much. No need to worry about them running away with your deposits. They would will break their back/walk on 4legs just so to clinch your deal.

After my experience of being cheated by run-road PI, I will still buy from PI. Not a fan of KM because the models/spec/trim + options are like that only. PI more interesting. Anyway just for info, after my cheating case, I was introduce by one of the Ody members to another PI....which kind of work differently.

You are basically importing your car using your own name. The PI(1 leg kicking person) basically does up your administrations/paperwork/shipping docs/arrangement for getting the car get tested etc etc. All the payments are direct to Honda Jpn, payments are direct to Singapore custom, payments are direct to LTA...eliminate the risk of PI runaway...

The mechanism are totally different from all the PIs I encountered. Very much like a BTO (Built to order) unit...hence you need to wait for the car to be built from factory, sent to Jpn Port then ship to sg...all in all, it took about 2.5months for me to put onto road. Minty smell. Anyway there is pros and cons of buying from PI...work out what works best for you. If you are interested, let me know...I will PM separately.

I’m a person who like to mod cars (not as if I’m making them sprint faster that sort) so I don’t care about KM warranty (warranty can be bought from outside reputable workshops for a fee)

Hope to see you with your new babe soon in our MU sessions...

The spare tire compartment between 1st row and 2nd row is something I don't like.

I find Ody 3rd row has longer seat cushion and more comfortable for taller passenger.

Yes man. True to that.

• Praise 1

If you getting from PI, better to get from PIs which are CASE-trusted. In case anything fail, got fall back safety net. Otherwise don’t commit too much to PI which ask for more than norm deposit, engage with PIs with ready stock on hand which are already VAC ready. I think you can check with CASE website which car workshop is CASE trusted.

Try as much to go with guaranteed COE plans also within 2-4 bids. (Consecutive bids). Everything also put in black and white.

If going with KM, the usual freebies are always that much. No need to worry about them running away with your deposits. They would will break their back/walk on 4legs just so to clinch your deal.

After my experience of being cheated by run-road PI, I will still buy from PI. Not a fan of KM because the models/spec/trim + options are like that only. PI more interesting. Anyway just for info, after my cheating case, I was introduce by one of the Ody members to another PI....which kind of work differently.

You are basically importing your car using your own name. The PI(1 leg kicking person) basically does up your administrations/paperwork/shipping docs/arrangement for getting the car get tested etc etc. All the payments are direct to Honda Jpn, payments are direct to Singapore custom, payments are direct to LTA...eliminate the risk of PI runaway...

The mechanism are totally different from all the PIs I encountered. Very much like a BTO (Built to order) unit...hence you need to wait for the car to be built from factory, sent to Jpn Port then ship to sg...all in all, it took about 2.5months for me to put onto road. Minty smell. Anyway there is pros and cons of buying from PI...work out what works best for you. If you are interested, let me know...I will PM separately.

I’m a person who like to mod cars (not as if I’m making them sprint faster that sort) so I don’t care about KM warranty (warranty can be bought from outside reputable workshops for a fee)

Hope to see you with your new babe soon in our MU sessions...

Yes man. True to that.

Hi, I am probably the earliest Ody Absolute EX owner who ordered from this PI you are talking about.  The advantage that I have over conventional PI is already mentioned in your message above.   On top of that, when I ordered my EX, I asked the PI to include the best available specifications/features at that that time.  It takes a bit longer, about 2 months plus for the car to reach Singapore and another month to get it on the road.   I have my Absolute EX for almost 4 yrs already and never have a major issue with warranty and repair.   Overall, it is a great experience.  And yes, if I ever need to change my car, I will not hesitate to use the same PI.

(edited)

I am driving a odyssey hybrid.

Getting 15-17km/L fuel consumption

Based on my yearly mileage of 20-23k, I can easily save $150-200 per month on petrol compared to petrol odyssey.

Understand the machine price of Kah motor navi res and PI Absolute hybrid is about on par, I feel it make even more sense to get the hybrid model.

Driving a hybrid not only saves you petrol, it’s also a driving experience in terms of instant torque, power, quietness and smoothness of ride.

I agree with the bro above on getting a reputable PI for the Odyssey. Not necessary using case trust as a gauge though. Some old and reputable PI doesn’t have case trust, but they are very good in upkeeping their good name.

Edited by Shawntcl

I’ve been driving the Odyssey Hybrid for more than 2 years now and only recently tried to experiment opening and closing the rear sliding doors using the 2 buttons on the remote key. However, the sliding doors just don’t seem to respond to the 2 buttons on the remote key.. the door lock and unlock buttons on the remote key work perfectly well though.

Anyone knows if there is any setting in the car that needs to be adjusted for the rear sliding door open and close buttons on the remote key to work? My car manual is all in Japanese unfortunately.. I suppose the settings should be the same as for the KM Odysseys? 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:05 PM, aerryz said:

hello all, I’m looking for a Big Armrest and Centre Console (Original Honda Part) for my new Honda Odyssey RC1 2014. Anyone can help newbie here?

Hi, bumping up. wondering if there are any recommendation?

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, ortho said:

I’ve been driving the Odyssey Hybrid for more than 2 years now and only recently tried to experiment opening and closing the rear sliding doors using the 2 buttons on the remote key. However, the sliding doors just don’t seem to respond to the 2 buttons on the remote key.. the door lock and unlock buttons on the remote key work perfectly well though.

Anyone knows if there is any setting in the car that needs to be adjusted for the rear sliding door open and close buttons on the remote key to work? My car manual is all in Japanese unfortunately.. I suppose the settings should be the same as for the KM Odysseys? 

May I know if the function and volume control buttons on the steering wheel is compatible with the local infointainment units provided by the dealers?  It will be quite redundant if those buttons cannot be used.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, Annapurna said:

Hi, I am probably the earliest Ody Absolute EX owner who ordered from this PI you are talking about.  The advantage that I have over conventional PI is already mentioned in your message above.   On top of that, when I ordered my EX, I asked the PI to include the best available specifications/features at that that time.  It takes a bit longer, about 2 months plus for the car to reach Singapore and another month to get it on the road.   I have my Absolute EX for almost 4 yrs already and never have a major issue with warranty and repair.   Overall, it is a great experience.  And yes, if I ever need to change my car, I will not hesitate to use the same PI.

Hi  would you mind PM me the PI? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement