2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

Hypersonic

KM's Odyssey has a lower horsepower and torque rating than PI's Odyssey Absolute (175ps vs 190ps, 225Nm vs 237Nm). Over at KM, all grades (EX-S, EXV-S & EXV-S Navi) have the same engine performance, with key different in the features within the car.

For PI, there are a lot more grade / trim to choose from, so make sure your comparision are made apple-to-apple (as some may have twin power sliding door, some may have sunroof, etc.). And also, the non-Absolute model (G & G. EX) has the same engine spec at KM's Odyssey.

power difference is probably imperceptible to the driver under real world conditions

:D

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi all,

Thought it was time to post on my journey to my Oddy.

Got my Oddy RB2 from Kah in Aug 2006. She is now on her last legs. Running on a lot of re-con parts. Leaking engine oil, water from the radiator (saw white smoke once), gears don't engage properly etc

When I started looking for her replacement last year, I once again settled on getting another Oddy. Wanted an 8 Seater but as you guys would know, the Kah 8 seater leaves much to be desired. So I finally decided to go PI because of this. This was in Nov 2015.

Didn't think COE would drop below 45k at that point in a time (even with the increased COE numbers). So when it did dip below 40k in Feb, I booked the Oddy Absolute with V**C**. To be frank, going Pi always meant that I would go with one of the older (and more reputable PIs). Had to negotiate the loan though. At 2.78%, there was no way I was going to take 50% / 5 year loan. So I ended up taking something like a 25% / 3 year loan. I took the 6 bid gtee package.

As you would know, COE prices went north but I had time. Finally the had to give me the COE at the 6th bid in May. Collected my car and am so far very pleased with it. Though I presume it could be better if I actually understood Japanese. A pleasant surprise when I found out that what I had was actually the Oddy Absolute plus which came with Honda sensing. Silly me. Oh yes, VC quite pro. No problems and they gave me a 10 buck cash card and more than half a tank (when I collected my RB2, I think the tank was like 1/8th. )

I have been alternating between my soon to be deregistered RB2 and the Absolute so I have just filled up the Absolute twice. FC is pretty good for something above 1600 kg. 9.5 km/liter. I use the Econ mode, 55% city / 45% highway, air con on 90% of the time.

Smooth drive. Although it struggles a bit to get up to speed from a stationary position. Once up and running - very nice. Engine noise could be less though. The RB2 had a low whine (v nice) when new. The Absolute sounds a bit rougher. The CVT gearbox seems ok. Hope it lasts. Understand that the RB series tend to give problems when they reach the high 100ks.

Still trying to figure out what some of these Japanese messages say. ( say, any one knows how to adjust the digital clock located near where the tachometer is?)

Still not sure what I think of the start stop thingy. I.e. Where the engine shuts off when you come to a stop. I keep it on sometimes.

Having driven the RB2, a lot of the things in the new Oddy seems space aged to me although I reckon they must have been around for a while. This push start thing has really got me tickled. Must remember never t o leave my key in the car tho. Anyone can then open it. A lot of noise warning you of things. Not wearing seat belts, car in front moving off, car in front too close etc. getting used to it.

On the whole, a very luxurious feeling when driving it. Very unlike the more sedan like RB series. No regrets getting this compared to the Kah 8 seater or even the 7 seaters. Oh yes, OMV was like 31.5k. Not too shabby. Overall, the perfect replacement for my RB2.

Chris

1. There is a button to switch off the start/stop. But you got to do it every time you start the car.

2. Front car moves off alarm can be switch off but thru the menu below the speedometer.

3. CMSS also can be switch off - there is button on your right to do that.

I did view the 8 seater at KM, will test drive it this week. The only dislike would be the cloth seats.

Not many people like the color of the seats.

Edited by Fireball0088

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

I am due to collect my PI Ody 8 seater and are offered the following:

Pioneer AVX 2850 BT 

Kenwood DDX7035BT

Any Bro knows which is a better model or should I upgrade to Pioneer AVX5850BT??

Any advise, from Pioneer website the difference of AVX2850 and 5850 is only the screen size, which is 6.2 vs 7inch.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your prompt response as need to provide confirmation of choices soonest!

Best regards,

AltisD :-)

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Is anyone in the midst of purchasing a JDM Odyssey Absolute 7 seater, and wants to change the upholstery to leather? I'm in the midst of purchasing the 7 seater from Kah Motor, and I prefer the Absolute fabric over the black Honda factory leather.

If timing works out, we can perhaps do a straight swap? 

Factory leather is a 200,000 yen option for the JDM Odyssey, u get it for next to nothing! 

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Dear All,

I am due to collect my PI Ody 8 seater and are offered the following:

Pioneer AVX 2850 BT

Kenwood DDX7035BT

Any Bro knows which is a better model or should I upgrade to Pioneer AVX5850BT??

Any advise, from Pioneer website the difference of AVX2850 and 5850 is only the screen size, which is 6.2 vs 7inch.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your prompt response as need to provide confirmation of choices soonest!

Best regards,

AltisD :-)

I'm using the Pioneer 2850BT. Loving it. If you intend to install amplifier, this is better than the older 2750BT due to the 4V amp outputs compared to the older one with 2V. Happy with the sound quality so far. Bigger screen never bothered me, since I can't watch videos while driving.

Hi,

Is anyone in the midst of purchasing a JDM Odyssey Absolute 7 seater, and wants to change the upholstery to leather? I'm in the midst of purchasing the 7 seater from Kah Motor, and I prefer the Absolute fabric over the black Honda factory leather.

If timing works out, we can perhaps do a straight swap?

Factory leather is a 200,000 yen option for the JDM Odyssey, u get it for next to nothing!

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Be careful, KM might void your warranty for doing that.

Neutral Newbie

They can only void the warranty on the seats and perhaps the side airbags. Doesn't bother me really.

Even then I suppose I can argue that it's still a factory Honda item I'm swapping them out for.

If I don't swap with the factory Absolute fabric, I'll likely change the leather out to a higher grade nappa leather.

Edited by ieweey

Hi All,

Am looking to replace my 7 seater Odyssey EXV armrest to a bigger one and also adding a center console for more storage.

I've tried searching around on the internet for weeks to get the center console and the big armrest, which shown on the Japan Honda Odyssey Absolute EX model, have also tried to search under Honda Spare parts.... but still cannot find.. :dizzy:

Need some advises or links from all brothers here where can I purchase or install locally here in Singapore.

Thank you in advance for the links and advise.

cckcrest

Finally my new car has reach Singapore.
2016 Honda Odyssey Absolute Ex with Advance Package.
18 inch rims, centre console with upsize armrest.

WHAO! I love the new centre arm rest and storage compartment. how do u get it? i have nv seen it anywhere before

post-165150-0-32654900-1461764987.jpg

Edited by Ttbest

IIRC, the bigger arm rest and storage box are available standard on JDM Odyssey equipped with Honda Sensing (effective early this year). Don't know whether it is available as an option for other JDM variant though.

• Praise 7

Hi will be booking the 7 seater very soon. Can you let me know what you managed to negotiate from your KM SE?

Edited by Cow28

All depends on yr loan amount the more u take the more u get.

HI all,

Any recommended workshop to activate Video in Motion for the OEM headunit from Kah Motor? Thx

Thanks !! Can give me a clue if I take max loan, what should I ask for ?

Cow28,

Can try to request power tailgate.

Thanks. I didn't even know that is one of the options. Any of Bros here got the power tailgate installed as a freebie ?

Thanks. I didn't even know that is one of the options. Any of Bros here got the power tailgate installed as a freebie ?

yes, my humble opinion, power tailgate/autopower boot is a "must have" feature for such car in that price category.

Asked Agent before, they refused to indent. This is where PI can be useful, to pressure agent to cater to such buyer needs.

Hope, latest batches of Ody has the auto one touch up/down power windows for all windows also - previously just told me Accord also dont have, only for driver's window!

↡ Advertisement