2014 Honda Odyssey

SeriousGuy

It has everything that I want and need. It's a full sized MPV, with sliding doors, push start, keyless entry, Japanese car (which in my opinion is more reliable and easier to maintain compared to a continental make). The cloest to my requirements is the Estima, but that really drives like a lorry. I hope this new odyssey is as nice to drive as the current model, which drives like a normal saloon.

The reason why it drives like a saloon is cos it was lower than most other MPVs mah.

I think it will handle the same as the other MPVs now.

↡ Advertisement

The reason why it drives like a saloon is cos it was lower than most other MPVs mah.

I think it will handle the same as the other MPVs now.

Hopefully, that is not the case. Have to test drive the car when its here.

The only thing is I am not sure if Kah Motors will be bringing in the tomyam one or the Made in Japan version.

what's the unique point of this mpv?

Sliding doors ..... [drivingcar][drivingcar]

This is THE MPV that I have been waiting for. But, the COE is ... [shakehead]

I need / want this car!!!

I still got 3 more yrs for my current ride, can wait till COE drop to affortable level ... [flowerface]

Does anyone know if the current model of odyssey sold by Kah Motors is Thai or Jap made?

The one sold by KM is from Japan. If I am not wrong, the Asian Odyssey is assembled in either Japan or China, none from Thailand. Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

It has everything that I want and need. It's a full sized MPV, with sliding doors, push start, keyless entry, Japanese car (which in my opinion is more reliable and easier to maintain compared to a continental make). The cloest to my requirements is the Estima, but that really drives like a lorry. I hope this new odyssey is as nice to drive as the current model, which drives like a normal saloon.

The new Odyssey has almost the same spec as the current Estima, i.e. dimensions, horsepower, CVT transmission, etc. so I would expect similar performance in a nutshell. The differences would be the actual handling and noise insulation... And also depending if KM will bring in the real Absolute model (with 190 ps).

• Praise 3

Horsepower: 175ps / 6,200rpm (B, G, G EX), 190ps / 6,400rpm (Absolute & Absolute EX)

Torque: 225Nm / 4,000rpm (B, G, G EX), 1237Nm / 4,000rpm (Absolute & Absolute EX)

[speechless]

Sorry, type too fast. Torque should be 237 Nm. No way can a NA engine generate a 4 digits torque figure. Paisei... :p

• Praise 3

Got an SMS from the Honda salesman

Current pricing

$197900 for Ex model (8-seater)

$207900 for Exv model (7-seater)

COE rebate at $87,000

Early bird discount : $5,000

Car available for viewing in the showroom in Dec'13. Earliest expected first batch delivery around Mar'14.

• Praise 1

Current pricing

COE rebate at $87,000

Car available for viewing in the showroom in Dec'13. Earliest expected first batch delivery around Mar'14.

[sweatdrop][thumbsdown][shakehead][furious] That's all I can say!!!

Current pricing

COE rebate at $87,000

Based on EXV selling at $207900, it makes more sense to get an estima. One of friend just got the Latest premium edition estima aeras for $187k. $20'000 is quite a big difference IMO.

↡ Advertisement