Tom Clancy, Best-Selling Author of Military Thrillers, Dies

Dankoo

RIP...

My fave is Rainbow Six...

Nearly 30 years after the publication of his first crime novel, The Hunt for Red October, best-selling author Tom Clancy has died at the age of 66, his publisher has confirmed. While the president of G.P. Putnam

↡ Advertisement

RIP, Tom.

"Hunt for the Red October" was his first thriller that I read and subsequently saw the movie starring Sean Connery. One of the best author and I read most of his works throughout the years.

Will remember him always.

• Praise 1

The only novel I dislike is The Bear and the Dragon...dont like the way he describe Chinese...so stereotype

RIP, Tom.

"Hunt for the Red October" was his first thriller that I read and subsequently saw the movie starring Sean Connery. One of the best author and I read most of his works throughout the years.

Will remember him always.

my first book is patriot games. I think i actually read "hunt" the last. cos hard to find in library [:p]

The only novel I dislike is The Bear and the Dragon...dont like the way he describe Chinese...so stereotype

ya only thing not good about him is very american patriot feelings. can see it in his writing.

My least favourite book is "clear and present danger". Bit slow and also deals with a lot of corruption, drugs

I prefer Red Storm Rising.....epic world war 3 scenario with all modern warfare. Russia n USA goes to war bcos of oil.

yup. one of my favourites. too bad, it's only a one-off

Later on, his name got diluted with the OpCentre series that was plainly a marketing ploy to sell more books with his name.

He wrote books less frequently once OpCentre came out. I never actually finished an OpCentre book.

Later on, his name got diluted with the OpCentre series that was plainly a marketing ploy to sell more books with his name.

He wrote books less frequently once OpCentre came out. I never actually finished an OpCentre book.

once past rainbow 6, all the books are crap

R.I.P., Tom.

My fav is still the THFRO.

Imagine you are the Russky captain defecting in a monster SSBN armed with nukes to the US but are hunted down by both Russians and the Americans en route. If not for Ryan for "guesstimating" the real intention of Captain Ramius, the sub would have been sunk with all hands by either force.

It was also made into a movie starring the charistmatic Sean Connery as Ramius and Alec Baldwin as Ryan. Understand later that the realistic Typhoon-class boomer in the movie set was actually made by welding two barges together :o

Another Clancy novel which I read later was Red Strom Rising about a fictional WWIII scenario. Shiok!! [thumbsup]

yup. one of my favourites. too bad, it's only a one-off

I read it 3 times....hahaha. Very surreal....russian taking a gamble and must win in a few month. All modern warfare...onnes their mbt got bogged down and USA won the air superiority...they will lose big time. But i think in real life it will much messier.

Turbocharged

I was always hoping that rainbow 6 will be made into film...still hoping....

I am hoping for it too after reading this book more than 10 years ago.

May he RIP. [:(]