Feedback On New MCF

pChou

can always save the forum page as your home page and bypass the main information page.

if use the forum tab will only give you all forum headings, instead of the latest or the most viewed threads sections.

↡ Advertisement

1st and foremost, this is a car forum, not an advertisiing board (although the host needs the dough to get by). may be that is 2nd, at least to us forummers. as a forum, the discussion threads should come up 1st, as in the old format. u want to change colour, how things are displayed etc etc, no problem. but as a forum the discussions threads should come up 1st. all other stuff can follow.

if the threads are relegated to all the way down, just so that people will see all the commercial parts as they scroll downwards, i think it is just taking the forummers for a ride ...

to me, it's not the layout that i can't get used to, it's the sequence of layout that i find out of place.

if not, this is really all about sgcarmart.com, mcf is just a source of readership.

Well I guess when sgcarmart bought over the most popular car forum in SG, ty had a reason. To make money. No goodwill involved.

Now ty thinking of ways n means to up the revenue potential of MCF to the max to recover their investment.

Unfortunately there wil b more changes to increase revenue when ty get new ideas.

What to do? But if ty change too much for the worse, ty wil start to lose readership n then it wil b like ty kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

I just hope I can get used to the new format, otherwise I wil just slowly move on to other car forums.

I still miss the old MCF. Just like I miss my old Corona CD. I guess I just hv to learn to live with it or move on.

Now I cant even know who replied to my posts so I can read n respond. So many pple wil miss my informative advice. Maybe I sud consider starting my own forum next time. Something like Bob is the oil guy forum.

Now I cant even know who replied to my posts so I can read n respond. So many pple wil miss my informative advice. Maybe I sud consider starting my own forum next time. Something like Bob is the oil guy forum.

1. you see your nick on right hand top corner....

2. click that the small menu will come out, go to setting...

3. then the new menu will come out... go to notification option...

4. under "Topics and Posts" click the option and how you want the notification be...

5. whenever there is a reply to your posts, the right hand top corner notification will show Red in color...

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

1. you see your nick on right hand top corner....

2. click that the small menu will come out, go to setting...

3. then the new menu will come out... go to notification option...

4. under "Topics and Posts" click the option and how you want the notification be...

5. whenever there is a reply to your posts, the right hand top corner notification will show Red in color...

OK tks bro. [grouphug]

Ive done the necessary. Hope it works.

So seems like u hv a hand in the new format set-up ah? [grin]

OK tks bro. [grouphug]

Ive done the necessary. Hope it works.

So seems like u hv a hand in the new format set-up ah? [grin]

no lah, other member taught me one :D

Simplest way is to click on the "All new replies" button found in the FORUM tab.

attachicon.gifUntitled-31.png

When e new format started, I tried using the "All new replies" button but it displayed all replies to that thread, even replies to other posts.

Also after I went to the mentioned threads n want back to the page that displayed the threads which had replies, it showed a blank page as all the replies were erased.

Damm frustrating to check who replied to my posts so I cud read n reply if necessary.

Now Jmann88 has taught me how to do it(see above post by him) n so far it seems to b working.

Neutral Newbie

When e new format started, I tried using the "All new replies" button but it displayed all replies to that thread, even replies to other posts.

Also after I went to the mentioned threads n want back to the page that displayed the threads which had replies, it showed a blank page as all the replies were erased.

Damm frustrating to check who replied to my posts so I cud read n reply if necessary.

Now Jmann88 has taught me how to do it(see above post by him) n so far it seems to b working.

Pisces, we have changed the format for the "All new replies" today. So the links you click will bring you to the Last Unread Post.

With regards to the "blank page" problem, you can get around it by clicking on the other options found on the left.

post-20148-0-86762900-1381244644.png

Pisces, we have changed the format for the "All new replies" today. So the links you click will bring you to the Last Unread Post.

With regards to the "blank page" problem, you can get around it by clicking on the other options found on the left.

attachicon.gifUntitled-34.png

Ya Im slowly trying to get familiar n used to all these changes.

I old man lah. Dun like changes.

Everyday I open the site, I wonder what other changes wil hit me in the face. Hahaha.

Ya Im slowly trying to get familiar n used to all these changes.

I old man lah. Dun like changes.

Everyday I open the site, I wonder what other changes wil hit me in the face. Hahaha.

I faced the same problems as you. I will say it is not exactly an issue to do with being old.

whereas last time it was one direct step, now it involves a few steps. and one of the step involves going to external source (email) , out of MCF.

• Praise 1

so far, most of the functions have returned, save for the 'view new posts/replies to me'.

I would say the team has been very responsive and attentive to the needs. Let's give it to them for listening to most of what we asked for, save for a few misses, overall, a good job.

Keep it up folks at the backend! thank you [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I faced the same problems as you. I will say it is not exactly an issue to do with being old.

whereas last time it was one direct step, now it involves a few steps. and one of the step involves going to external source (email) , out of MCF.

Ya maybe these r bugs in the new system which ty r tryiong to address.

So when all these bugs r rectified, lets hope its a better system.

Then we can give our feedback on how to improve the system more.

so far, most of the functions have returned, save for the 'view new posts/replies to me'.

I would say the team has been very responsive and attentive to the needs. Let's give it to them for listening to most of what we asked for, save for a few misses, overall, a good job.

Keep it up folks at the backend! thank you [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Ya OK lah. I clap clap clap to them.

Give them encouragement otherwise ty give up n all go home then MCF how.

sucks to max....this new platform...

moral of the story..DONT FIX IT TILL ITS BROKEN!

This is not so much fix it. More like new owner wan to make his presence felt n maybe ty got Corporate Colours which all must standardize.

Sometimes when something is changed, it becomes so crappy, immediately it loses most of its value n then it disappears altogether.

Not all changes r for the better.

Sad but true.

This is not so much fix it. More like new owner wan to make his presence felt n maybe ty got Corporate Colours which all must standardize.

Sometimes when something is changed, it becomes so crappy, immediately it loses most of its value n then it disappears altogether.

Not all changes r for the better.

Sad but true.

open your heart, dun resist the change [inlove]

the new format is quite fun actually [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

open your heart, dun resist the change [inlove]

the new format is quite fun actually [laugh][laugh]

u mean becoz can gib angpow?

kong hee fatt choy - nah, gib to the small boy in ur avatar. :D

• Praise 1