Noise After Rotation

Bieffe

Did tyres rotation recently with balancing.

However after that the car when on the move has tire noise. Sounds like helicopter. Like what u here with some trucks...voov voop voop sound.

Took the car back to the place I did rotation he say tire balancing will not cause the noise. Is the tyres..but mine is quite new and before rotation and balance don't have such sound. He say to eliminate sound just rotate back but I will have uneven wear!

So is he bluffing? Is it a bad balancing?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i think in your cases , your rear tyres have more uneven wear then the front, before u rotate its more loud at the back, but properly after rotation u hear the wooo,wooo noise very clearly in front.

if he did not balance properly u should have vibration instead, not noise,

However after that the car when on the move has tire noise. Sounds like helicopter. Like what u here with some trucks...voov voop voop sound.

Took the car back to the place I did rotation he say tire balancing will not cause the noise. Is the tyres..but mine is quite new and before rotation and balance don't have such sound. He say to eliminate sound just rotate back but I will have uneven wear!

So is he bluffing? Is it a bad balancing

just pay him money tell them to put back original position

If noise gone (is your tyre not his fault)

If noise still exist check with your Mech for may be wheel bearing

He is not bluffing you (please don't use the word BLUFF) because you still running on your old tyres

• Praise 1

Both new and uneven weared tyres will generate noise, balancing will not solve this problem. The noise will dispear once the wear is even.

• Praise 1

Both new and uneven weared tyres will generate noise, balancing will not solve this problem. The noise will dispear once the wear is even.

+1

Especially broad tire, just a week ago mine was reverse inside out.

WS said uneven wear dues to tire broadness and now waiting for the wear to even off.

Noise not so prominance so still can live with it.

• Praise 2

Yep, broad tyres have must more road contact and therefore creat more rolling resistance resulting in more heat generated. For broad tyres it's best to slightly over inflate by 5% to reduce rolling resistance.

• Praise 1

Yep, broad tyres have must more road contact and therefore creat more rolling resistance resulting in more heat generated. For broad tyres it's best to slightly over inflate by 5% to reduce rolling resistance.

What would be considered broad? 235?

I used to think rotation is needed, but now I don't.

I change 2 tyres one set at a time, either the back or front.

As long the front toe is properly aligned, FWD tyres usually don't get excessive "uneven" wear.

Balancing may not even be needed unless you travel 120 km/h and above, but of coz good to have.

And yes, even new tyres are imperfect. Sometimes, workshop may even swapped left <-> right, if the steering becomes not neutral.

So when you rotate, you're just making it "bad".

• Praise 1

high speed or low speed when the sound occur?

both also have but only at certain speeds.high speed alittle louder.

I had the same problem! Understand the woooo woooo woooo sound when driving!

Pls bring your car to your usual car servicing workshop and let the mech see. Most prob it's a case of cracked wheel bearing!

when cruising you hear noise , that is only 2 possible caused first is tyre follow by second is worn bearing (low %)

base on the above case is likely due to your original rear had uneven wear issue , by putting this tyre in the front which is more noise sensitive.

in order for you to remove the noise Best is replace them or put them back to the rear (but I don't do it becos since I knew the tyre had problem I will change them , who would like to run on Problem tyre ?

tyre rotation is just like our Medical checkup, is up to individual to judge the need or Waste of money

one thing for sure rotation cost much less and with the periodic tyre maintenance at least it help to make sure our 5 tyres are still intact for next journey (10,000 km)

to me if 1 is sick or uncomfortable will see doctor

If tyre give problem or Failed only when is working especially at high speed / long distance driving.

I personally would not want to take the risk (which cost just little money against the value of car or Life)

+1

Especially broad tire, just a week ago mine was reverse inside out.

WS said uneven wear dues to tire broadness and now waiting for the wear to even off.

Noise not so prominance so still can live with it.

WOW!!!!! How the shop managed to mount yr tire "inside out"??????????

Can post pics? NPNT.

why you suspect he is bluffing?

If he ask you to change new tyre , Noise gone meaning he is true?

If the noise is still exist May be he is bluffing.

You can pay him to put the tyres back to original position and if noise gone meaning your back tyre got issue

• Praise 1

WOW!!!!! How the shop managed to mount yr tire "inside out"??????????

Can post pics? NPNT.

Remove the entire rubber out from the rim n turn around with the surface tt facing outside will now facing the brake drum.

Picture will not able to tell the difference cos my rubber is non directional and i understand diectional tire cannot do that. I just look at the side of the rubber tt the arrow rowing forward.

Remove the entire rubber out from the rim n turn around with the surface tt facing outside will now facing the brake drum.

Picture will not able to tell the difference cos my rubber is non directional and i understand diectional tire cannot do that. I just look at the side of the rubber tt the arrow rowing forward.

Oh u mean ty re-mount tire the other way around.

I tot ty can turn the whole tire inside out. Hahaha.

↡ Advertisement