Do you believe in having friends in workplace?

Windwaver

After working for more than a decade, I have never believe in having real friends especially in the workplace. I have seen too many cases of back stabbing when it comes to guarding one's own ass at the critical moment.

Call me pessimistic but keeping myself away from all these useless politics is how I manage to survive throughout my career.

Have anybody been lucky enough to really have a friend in the workplace?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Frens? I got one after working in the same office for 7 years. We can help each other during and off work and willing to tah the black wok type.

The other so called frens always play me out and act blur to score point in front of bosses. I just flipped the table on one last week. Looking at his fark face after tat so shiok! Lol

Edited by So_nice

Hypersonic

No such things as friends in the workplace. If you want to survive, do not trust anybody. Every man for himself. Easier to find friends here in MCF than at workplace

• Praise 3

Human is a social creature. So some acquaintance is definitely needed.

I've worked at my current place for 11 yrs. First job since I came out of school. Have moved from depts to depts and have always stayed in the same division. So far, have made quite a few friends. Even though they've left the company, we still meet up once a while for kopi or makan.

But interestingly, 95% of my office friends are [gorgeous] . Hahaha, this is especially true when I had a baby boy. I guess it's becos of similar topic/interest. So I'm now mostly mingling with young mums/MILFs. During lunch, their topic of discussions can be rather explicit too. Like how they breastfeed their babies while multi-tasking with other chores. How to prevent their ( . )( . ) from sagging due to nursing etc. Hear leow also [blush]

Edited by Altivo
  • Dislike 1

Hypersonic

Human is a social creature. So some acquaintance is definitely needed.

I've worked at my current place for 11 yrs. First job since I came out of school. Have moved from depts to depts and have always stayed in the same division. So far, have made quite a few friends. Even though they've left the company, we still meet up once a while for kopi or makan.

But interestingly, 95% of my office friends are [gorgeous] . Hahaha, this is especially true when I had a baby boy. I guess it's becos of similar topic/interest. So I'm now mostly mingling with young mums/MILFs. During lunch, their topic of discussions can be rather explicit too. Like how they breastfeed their babies while multi-tasking with other chores. How to prevent their ( . )( . ) from sagging due to nursing etc. Hear leow also [blush]

Where you work ah? [grin][rolleyes]

Where you work ah? [grin][rolleyes]

In a bank doing Operations.

Hahaha, I've seen how these young mums changed from wide-eyed fresh grads to nubile creatures. And then after they got married, how some of them evolved from A to C cuppers after they became pregnant.

So far I have been able to make a handful of good friends at workplace...just that few whom we can really chat and trust. other than that, the rest are mostly kept as normal working relationship.

Supercharged

Hahaha, I've seen how these young mums changed from wide-eyed fresh grads to nubile creatures. And then after they got married, how some of them evolved from A to C cuppers after they became pregnant.

can share some, since u can't handle....... [kiss]

can share some, since u can't handle....... [kiss]

this i junk, and send to wife for inspection, go home, ear kena puuull, and dick chop send to penis shop for sale....nuff said

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I have always wondered what it is like to work in a female dominated environment. All the pretty [gorgeous] So lucky you

I have always wondered what it is like to work in a female dominated environment. All the pretty [gorgeous] So lucky you

Not all of them are [gorgeous] lah. Some are average but mai hiam buay pai.

The rule to survival is not to take sides. Petty arguments / conflicts are bound to happen from time to time. Then as with all char bors, they will bound to complain to u about it. So just hear and show some empathy "Ya, it is not nice for XXX to say that". Something along that line.

After working for more than a decade, I have never believe in having real friends especially in the workplace. I have seen too many cases of back stabbing when it comes to guarding one's own ass at the critical moment.

Call me pessimistic but keeping myself away from all these useless politics is how I manage to survive throughout my career.

may be affair alot...real friends....not alot...just a few....for friend....no need too many....just a few good one is enough.... [laugh]

Edited by LoverofCar

The real test of frenship comes when there is trouble.

Sometimes it is hard to fault them cos it is afterall a matter of having to put rice on the family's table.

That's why I rather work with poultries [flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm

The real test of frenship comes when there is trouble.

Sometimes it is hard to fault them cos it is afterall a matter of having to put rice on the family's table.

That's why I rather work with poultries [flowerface]

guess you find my avatar comforting... [laugh]

• Praise 1

I used to believe we can make frens in workplace.. like those can share laughter and makan one..

Until kena hantamed once, now I like mimosa liao.. kena touched then shrink quick quick..

I understand how you feel and its not wrong... after all, its just work, and after that we all go our own ways...

Real frens are those you can share good times outside of work, and no need scared got any repercussions on your rice bowl...

I used to believe we can make frens in workplace.. like those can share laughter and makan one..

Until kena hantamed once, now I like mimosa liao.. kena touched then shrink quick quick..

I understand how you feel and its not wrong... after all, its just work, and after that we all go our own ways...

Real frens are those you can share good times outside of work, and no need scared got any repercussions on your rice bowl...

Frens in worksplace is more like "can slaughter you and makan you" type rather than "can share laughter and makan one" type. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement