external sd card on android phones

Simonsoh

Hi all, just checking if possible to have a 2nd micro sd card attached via a reader/ cable to my note 2 instead of inserting into the actual sd card slot? got such device? example like a laptop, you plug in 2 thumbdrives like that...

Cuz sometimes i want to view the car cam footages on my hp...

Edited by Simonsoh
↡ Advertisement

Hi all, just checking if possible to have a 2nd micro sd card attached via a reader/ cable to my note 2 instead of inserting into the actual sd card slot? got such device? example like a laptop, you plug in 2 thumbdrives like that...

Cuz sometimes i want to view the car cam footages on my hp...

Get a Samsung compatible OTG cable and a card reader. With OTG cable can also link up with thumbdrive.

Btw, before you remove the OTG cable from your Note, remember to go Settings --> Storage-->unMount the USBdrive first else you may short the SD card.

Edited by Fishbowl

Get a Samsung compatible OTG cable and a card reader. With OTG cable can also link up with thumbdrive.

Btw, before you remove the OTG cable from your Note, remember to go Settings --> Storage-->unMount the USBdrive first else you may short the SD card.

hi thanks! means i get this. then get another card reader. and viola!?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/MICRO-B-USB-HOST-OTG-ADAPTER-CABLE/405098136?selectedOptions=;

Why not just install a rear view mirror that comes with video monitor. I'm sure your cam has a video output. Connect the two with a video cable and you can view everything anytime.

Switching the micro sd cards between devices, not troublesome meh?

Why not just install a rear view mirror that comes with video monitor. I'm sure your cam has a video output. Connect the two with a video cable and you can view everything anytime.

Switching the micro sd cards between devices, not troublesome meh?

i planning whenever i want to retrieve anything from my car cam's sd card, I just take it out the card and view from and save to hp via a reader+cable. thats it. I thought this is simple enuf?

I dun get what u suggesting... wats a rear view mirror c/w video monitor? my car cam has a video output. but dun i need to dismount the car cam to connect to anything else?

Maybe a bit off-topic.

Just take note of using Sandisk micro-SD cards on Note 2; there's a spate of incidents reported of Sandisk micro-SD getting damaged on Galaxy S3 & Note 2 phones. Not sure if it applies to external connections though.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/samsung-user-group-136/widespread-sd-card-issue-samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-a-4130144-4.html

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/32GB-Sandisk-Micro-SD-suddenly-stopped-being-recognized-by/td-p/291095

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/249920-sd-card-problem-note-2-a.html

Yup, with the OTG cable and card reader, you can download/upload music, pictures n videos from/to devices n cards or thumbdrive.

cheers

last question. so means "my files" will show my 3 folders?

1) internal storages

2) sd card (in slot)

3) sd card (connected via cable)

last question. so means "my files" will show my 3 folders?

1) internal storages

2) sd card (in slot)

3) sd card (connected via cable)

Based on my Note1, the storage description as follows

1. Device memory (2gb)

2. USB storage (device 32/64 gb storage space)

3. SD card (device micro SD card slot)

4. SD card (OTG)

cheers

↡ Advertisement