1.4 CRUZE TURBO

Yahgo22

Cannot be 1.8 ton la.

correct. -_-

going by how weedy the cruze feels, more like 2 tons actually..... [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

sgcarmart stated 1788kg kerb weight leh... not I bull one leh

in that case, 1.6 NA pulling 1.8 tons....gosh. No wonder.

That's why I find some of these cars are not meant for SG CAT A market.

Just like the Maz 3, many say heavy, drinker.....etc.

But upon wiking, noted that its sold as 2.0 in US & 2.3 in North America.

If that's the case, then the car would indeed go as sporty as it looks & no one would really complain if it went 9km/litre.

But due to the size of the Car, may not go well as a Cat B car. Hence, in SG, the 1.6 was fitted & with it came the issues of underpowered, drinker....etc.

Please lah. How can the Cruze weigh 1.8t? That's the Gross Vehicle Weight, which includes the kerb weight + payload.

The kerb weight for the 1.6LS sedan is 1310kg....

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/cars/cruze/features-and-specs/features-and-specs.html

Geez....

Anyways, the new Cruze will be unveiled next year. Engine options will probably remain the same though. The interior pictures of the new car is already out, and it looks mightily impressive.

Here is the link;

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/scoop-we-uncover-2015-chevrolet-cruze.html

As for the current lineup@ Alpine's showroom, they have for the Cruze;

Cruze hatchback 5 1.6L 122bhp

Cruze sedan 1.6L 122bhp and Cruze sedan 1.4T 140bhp

Cruze Tourer (estate) 2.0VCDi; Turbo diesel (2 out of 4 units sold liao based on a local magazine).

I think just wait for the new Cruze to come luh. No point rushing to buy/ lease now also. Haha

This a good example of "victim" under the new COE categorization. Supposed to be a make in Thailand B&B model (with OMV of <$20K, I personally estimate the OMV to be ~$15 - 16K at most), the "New" 1.4 Turbo model will have to fight for COE in Cat B come next Feb. For potential buyer, they could have gain 15% in power (122 to 140 HP) & $5000 CEVS rebate, while saving $137P.A. in road tax and 10% in fuel (~S$300P.A. or higher), if they are to opt for the TC model.

The winner I can see here are our authorities / ministries. Either way, their revenue will not be affected... [thumbsdown]

• Praise 4

Yeap, too bad lor, especially for those cars in 130-160bhp region. Really bo hua.

Then again, from Chevrolet.co.th (Thailand website), they don't make the 1.4T version yet leh. I think the Cruze still coming from Korea.

Please lah. How can the Cruze weigh 1.8t? That's the Gross Vehicle Weight, which includes the kerb weight + payload.

Geez....

sgcarmart [thumbsdown] misleading info...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=10753&Subcode=1988

Geez....

Anyways, the new Cruze will be unveiled next year. Engine options will probably remain the same though. The interior pictures of the new car is already out, and it looks mightily impressive.

Here is the link;

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/10/scoop-we-uncover-2015-chevrolet-cruze.html

As for the current lineup@ Alpine's showroom, they have for the Cruze;

Cruze hatchback 5 1.6L 122bhp

Cruze sedan 1.6L 122bhp and Cruze sedan 1.4T 140bhp

Cruze Tourer (estate) 2.0VCDi; Turbo diesel (2 out of 4 units sold liao based on a local magazine).

I think just wait for the new Cruze to come luh. No point rushing to buy/ lease now also. Haha

The carscoops link.. the picture looks more like Sonic..

well, it is a heavy car (which means safe).

also, road tax for 1.4 turbo should be chaper than 1.6. Right?

How about the insurance? is the road tax for the 1.4 turbo version higher than the 1.6?

Drove the 1.8l and it picks up much slower than my slow megane 1.6.

Somehow they must have stowed a baby elephant in the spare tyre compartment.

well, it is a heavy car (which means safe).

also, road tax for 1.4 turbo should be chaper than 1.6. Right?

How about the insurance? is the road tax for the 1.4 turbo version higher than the 1.6?

I think insurance not much difference. This car not in high risk 'category' lol....

Btw... seriously... no one bought yet??

Well, I just got my Cruze 1.4T right before CNY and can't comment much since this is my first car. Anyway, the car is 100% from Korea with Kerb Weight 1440kg.

200KM so far and 7.2L/100km on FC. But as 80% on the express way i expect the combined FC to be in the range of 8-9. Power wise, so far no problem for my family of 4.

The best thing is that this car is quite spacious, suitable for big-size person like me.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The Cruze T 0-100km/h century sprint is around 8.4 secs to 10 secs depending no which Austrialian Source you believe...

Well, I just got my Cruze 1.4T right before CNY and can't comment much since this is my first car. Anyway, the car is 100% from Korea with Kerb Weight 1440kg.

200KM so far and 7.2L/100km on FC. But as 80% on the express way i expect the combined FC to be in the range of 8-9. Power wise, so far no problem for my family of 4.

The best thing is that this car is quite spacious, suitable for big-size person like me.

Care to share how much you paid for it?

How does it fare among the other cars you had in mind?

The Cruze T 0-100km/h century sprint is around 8.4 secs to 10 secs depending no which Austrialian Source you believe...

frankly for a 1.4 ton car with only 140hp to reach 10sec is already a struggle, let alone 8+ sec.

unless the torque is close to 300Nm.

frankly for a 1.4 ton car with only 140hp to reach 10sec is already a struggle, let alone 8+ sec.

unless the torque is close to 300Nm.

Guess so, opel astra 1.4T also around the same weight n HP, pick up declared also about 10+

But at least I think with some minor tune e Hp could easily b tweak? Not sure if it can be reflash to 170-180hp which some overseas tuners claim they have achived..

Guess so, opel astra 1.4T also around the same weight n HP, pick up declared also about 10+

But at least I think with some minor tune e Hp could easily b tweak? Not sure if it can be reflash to 170-180hp which some overseas tuners claim they have achived..

other makes i dare not say but GM sourced engine I may know a little,

a remapping of the 1.4 forced fed engine can be easily tune to the mentioned hp. Goggle vtuner from US and you will know more. I just remapped my GM engine with some parts upgraded and the gain is more than 100hp and in Nm.

local tuner??? Dont waste time.. [lipsrsealed]

other makes i dare not say but GM sourced engine I may know a little,

a remapping of the 1.4 forced fed engine can be easily tune to the mentioned hp. Goggle vtuner from US and you will know more. I just remapped my GM engine with some parts upgraded and the gain is more than 100hp and in Nm.

local tuner??? Dont waste time.. [lipsrsealed]

Nice.. That's the where I saw them saying they have ready map stage 1 to 170..

↡ Advertisement