Alfa 159 Part VIII (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

i will still carry on my ride, just sell off rims and pipe. The workshop boss can be trusted and they look honest to me. One of the bro here introduce to me. They never any how chop ppl. So far i see the price is reasonable overall :)

i will still carry on my ride, just sell off rims and pipe. The workshop boss can be trusted and they look honest to me. One of the bro here introduce to me. They never any how chop ppl. So far i see the price is reasonable overall :)

I guess this is part and parcel of owning an Alfa.......the parts fail quite easily!

My fuel pump up lorry = towing (4AWD ..cost more to tow also) + fuel pump = nearly $900

I think what is important is to find a good workship who will not CHOP carrot and have the professionalism. Lucky found one, else I think i need to sell the car like you lol.

• Praise 1

Exos reserved! Left rims to go. Selling Cheap. Thanks and sorry to spam here.

Exos sold to a nice wagon bro here! Left 18' horse shoe rim for grab. Thanks all

Neutral Newbie

Bros , its my 8 months with the great 159. I did a servicing after buying the previous owner and servicing was done @ AS. im now thinking of doing the next servicing and all repairs at a diff location.. Jus was ask you experts which is a reliable and affordable workshop I can visit? I heard there are about 5 reputable workshop in lion city for our beloved ride.

When is the next meet up ? Thanks bros.

Bros , its my 8 months with the great 159. I did a servicing after buying the previous owner and servicing was done @ AS. im now thinking of doing the next servicing and all repairs at a diff location.. Jus was ask you experts which is a reliable and affordable workshop I can visit? I heard there are about 5 reputable workshop in lion city for our beloved ride.

When is the next meet up ? Thanks bros.

Wow!

Got 5? Lol

Next meet up should be soon

Watch this space!!!

Need some help here.

The ball joint on my front lower arm is shot. Went to a workshop and they are suggesting me to change out both lower arm.

Is this necessary?

1) can the ball joint be change out from the arm?

2) necessary to change out both front lower arm?

I dont think so is ball joint. Maybe the Bush.some replace with the whole lower arm rather than replace the aftermarket bush

Today station at red light, when green light i start to move, the car reverse instead of going forward. My gear is at drive mode. Almost hit the car behind. try to engage the gear to D mode but keep on show neutral. On/off a few times, than back to normal gear and start moving forward. Give me a shock at that moment. Anyone experience this before? [sweatdrop]

Maybe the reason is because of the wiring at the selespeed sensor due to the water during heavy rain

Dear bros,

Need your help urgently.

Do any of u have left side (passenger side) mirror to sell for our Alfa 159? (just mirror, no need housing)

mirror shattered by another vehicle opening his door.

workshops no stock, order need 1-2weeks.

it's tough driving without the side mirror.

can PM me.

appreciate your help!

I dont think so is ball joint. Maybe the Bush.some replace with the whole lower arm rather than replace the aftermarket bush

Turns out it is the ball joint, and the rubber bushing around it is all gone

Unfortunately its designed not to be replaceable, so got to change out the whole lower wishbones.

With the front wishbones changed, the drive improved. It is now firmer and is less jerky and feels like a new car. [drivingcar]

Unfortunately its designed not to be replaceable, so got to change out the whole lower wishbones.

With the front wishbones changed, the drive improved. It is now firmer and is less jerky and feels like a new car. [drivingcar]

That is good. The car is a very decent handler

How would you describe the "jerky" feeling? as it "bouncy" ?

Glad the ride has improved:)

jerky... its more to do with selespeed... doubt u get that for your V6.

its always like someone can't get the clutch biting point correct and 1st gear always jerks when moving off

Hi Guys, Im quite keen to get used 159. Like the looks interior n exterior. Any advice wat should i check before buy it? heard reviews the selespeed gearbox is not that reliable?

jerky... its more to do with selespeed... doubt u get that for your V6.

its always like someone can't get the clutch biting point correct and 1st gear always jerks when moving off

Ah I c .... I must diagnose my car's "jerkyness"

tx for sharing.

↡ Advertisement