GS Yuasa Car Battery

Ken1898

Personally, I'd go for Amaron too.

However, some cars are prone to corrosion salt.

Using Amaron you tend to have to look out for them. Probably the acid is stronger there.

Acid strength depends on manufacturer. Too weak, and it dies off quickly. Too strong, and corrosion accelerates.

Nonetheless, those with corrosion salt should attempt to clean them up regularly.

You can use hot water to pour over the salt to dissolve them, just make sure not to short circuit the battery by pouring carefully only at one terminal at a time.

To reduce formation, you can put high temp grease coating over the terminals.

tks bro Kb27, have learnt a lot fr u.

Sorry bro, for replying late, as mentioned you could choose not to top up, the lifespan still could match most of the top brand in market. But, it would be best that you do, as by ensuring the plates being floated by battery water do help prolong the lifespan of the battery and Also, it would be safer in preventing explosion caused by low electrolyte level, as you could correct the electrolyte level.

You could top up the battery water level just enough to cover the top of the plates, or you could get the workshop that you purchased the battery to help topping up, advisable first check will be on 7th - 8th month for new battery, subsequent will be every 3-4 months, as different cars emission level varies.

Thanks...

hi GS, instead of topping up w battery water, could we use distilled water instead, as what some bros here have shared? Tks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi GS, is GS Yuasa battery still made in Japan now? how much is it for 58A one for Honda Stream RSZ? Thank you.

yes, it is. give any of the local retailers a call to confirm and find out the actual price. i bought mine from a retailer at Bukit Merah Lane 1.

Hi can i check you have any battery sutitable for Alfa Romeo 159 i am musing 75AH

he previously mentioned Midac brand "Sigillum" series DIN size battery with capacity from 55Ah to 100Ah. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,thanks for replying.could u share with me how much did u get it and the full address please.is it at 119 level 1?.Thank you.

Hi bro, paiseh for replying late, the model suitable for your Honda stream is 60B24L, our dealer at Bukit Merah is Tong Hin at blk 119 #01-18-20, 62717976. Thanks

make sure you shut the engine off before allowing the worker to replace the battery or else you run the risk of frying the ecu.  :o  :wacko:  [:/]

I see, thanks for the advice bro :).

Hi bro, paiseh for replying late, the model suitable for your Honda stream is 60B24L, our dealer at Bukit Merah is Tong Hin at blk 119 #01-18-20, 62717976. Thanks

Went to Tong Hin and replaced the battery as advised by GSYuasa. They asked me to turn on the engine so that the settings will not lost when they change the battery. I asked them regarding the ECU risk but the boss said no problem...anyway, it was a bit of heart stopping but everything is fine eventually. The price is 110$ inclusive of replacement.

Went to Tong Hin and replaced the battery as advised by GSYuasa. They asked me to turn on the engine so that the settings will not lost when they change the battery. I asked them regarding the ECU risk but the boss said no problem...anyway, it was a bit of heart stopping but everything is fine eventually. The price is 110$ inclusive of replacement.

unprofessional work. Lazy is the word.

simply hook it up to another battery should be the way.

• Praise 3

I say i dont care. Just plug out the batteries. I rather lose setting than the entire ECU. 

• Praise 1

it raise a Doubt here

when replacing battery

A) keep the engine running ( can help retain all the setting)?

B)off engine ( most setting will be gone like radio / reverse camera / power windows / ECU ) ?

C)back supply like connecting a external battery prior the died battery disconnect ?

or anyone got issue adopt the above method

or any other way can share?

it raise a Doubt here

when replacing battery

A) keep the engine running ( can help retain all the setting)?

B)off engine ( most setting will be gone like radio / reverse camera / power windows / ECU ) ?

C)back supply like connecting a external battery prior the died battery disconnect ?

or anyone got issue adopt the above method

or any other way can share?

© shld be the way to apply

ecu is a few k

replace ecu is one thing

it will / might short other modules along the way as well, such as fusebox, electronic parking brakes, immobiliser system..etc

Neutral Newbie

Can I check what type of battery skyactiv Mazda 2 is using. What is the price and where is your local dealer address?

Hi, for Mazda 2 skyactiv is on Start/Stop feature, the original factory fixed battery is Q85, current you could only get the Japan Made Q85 from Trans Eurokars, you could visit their Ubi or Leng Kee service centre to get the battery replace.. Thanks

Is GS Yuasa happy their dealers are doing this?

Changing battery with the engine on.

If not please advise your authorised dealers accordingly.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3