Beware..blue chip investment plan

Kezg1

btw, just to ask a dumb question since you post this and im sure you are quite savvy in shares stuff...

my company do give me little shares since last year but frankly, how to check where is the share and how much is the value now?....

i did apply a CDP account pass the number to company HR. And i do have an OCBC securies account as well... but when i log-in and check, cannot see anything...umm.. am i missing something.... [sweatdrop]

btw, just to ask a dumb question since you post this and im sure you are quite savvy in shares stuff...

my company do give me little shares since last year but frankly, how to check where is the share and how much is the value now?....

i did apply a CDP account pass the number to company HR. And i do have an OCBC securies account as well... but when i log-in and check, cannot see anything...umm.. am i missing something.... [sweatdrop]

if listed in sgx, you shld issued a statement now and then. do you know what is the stock code ?

• Praise 1

if listed in sgx, you shld issued a statement now and then. do you know what is the stock code ?

you mean receive statement? nope.. nothing... yes, listed in sgx..

You should receive statement from your company if there is any share purchase to your account. You can ask your HR which security company they appointed.

• Praise 2

you mean receive statement? nope.. nothing... yes, listed in sgx..

if on sgx, you will get statement from sgx.. that one confirmed..since it been a yr by now.

are you given actual stock or stock options ? e.g. you can buy y no. of stock at $p.

Edited by ShepherdPie

if on sgx, you will get statement from sgx.. that one confirmed..since it been a yr by now.

are you given actual stock or stock options ? e.g. you can buy y no. of stock at $p.

given stock... umm..

I not savvy..normally if you log in to your CDP acct. n shares being given to you will appear in your holding...just like rights given to you..check again should be there.

given stock... umm..

...did you sign anything from your company HR to accept these shares....otherwise they assumed that you do not want it... at these price given to you.

do you know the stock quote ? cos' 1 company can have many stock.. different tier and may not be listed in the same exchange.

mine is a small local SME, dont think it's that complex..

I not savvy..normally if you log in to your CDP acct. n shares being given to you will appear in your holding...just like rights given to you..check again should be there.

...did you sign anything from your company HR to accept these shares....otherwise they assumed that you do not want it... at these price given to you.

i did return a letter to HR, acknowledging the acceptance and amount..ummm i go check again the T&C...

btw, i didnt have id to log-in to my CDP account, only have OCBC securities... same??

thanks for the link.

btw, i didnt have id to log-in to my CDP account, only have OCBC securities... same??

The broker only has record of what they transacted for u.

U need to log in to your CDP account to see your overall share holdings. Lol but i also don't have the log in... [lipsrsealed]

my extra shares from dividends are also not reflected in my brokerage account.

mine is a small local SME, dont think it's that complex..

i did return a letter to HR, acknowledging the acceptance and amount..ummm i go check again the T&C...

...no lah bro...have to go Sgx 2...at 2nd story to register....

U r given shares... in the company

Is the company public listed??

Edited by Raymondism

1) if your company is listed and the shares you are given is for the listed company you will see it in your CDP.

2) you will not see it in OCBC as it is not transacted through OCBC.

3) you should receive monthly CDP statements in your mailbox at your registered address, inside you will see a statement listing all shares you own.

4) if you have not seen item 3, you better check if first your registered address is correct, if yes, then you may not have been issued shares or been issued shares which are not listed so check with your finance or HR

• Praise 1

First of all, are you given shares, or share options? They are different.

If you are given shares, then it should be reflected in your CDP account. Please don't check your OCBC. You didn't buy it through them, why would it be in OCBC?

If it is an employee share option, then your company should have an internal portal where you can log-in to see how much you are given, the exercise price, and when can you exercise it. These will not appear in CDP.

I trade stock for a living, PM me if you want to know more details

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1