Tailgate light on dashboard

Spartan

Hi all:

Currently I see a tailgate light intermittenly light up during driving even though it is lock properly . And when I lock the car sometimes it can be lock but sometimes cannot. Even after I manage to lock successfully the car alarm will sound after some time. May I know what is spoilt?

Pls advise

↡ Advertisement

Hi all:

Currently I see a tailgate light intermittenly light up during driving even though it is lock properly . And when I lock the car sometimes it can be lock but sometimes cannot. Even after I manage to lock successfully the car alarm will sound after some time. May I know what is spoilt?

Pls advise

Some alarms r activated by the switches at each door that control the interior dome/celing light.

Seems like one or more of yr switches r either shorting or too sensitive. Check them.

Some alarms r activated by the switches at each door that control the interior dome/celing light.

Seems like one or more of yr switches r either shorting or too sensitive. Check them.

Just reading the thread title I thought ts's car has a warning light to warn tailgater!!! I also want one :-)

• Praise 1

Just reading the thread title I thought ts's car has a warning light to warn tailgater!!! I also want one :-)

Ya I also tot was something like that. Hahaha.

On your rear fog lights if you are being tailgate, provided your car comes with it though, its very glaring for the person behind.

On your rear fog lights if you are being tailgate, provided your car comes with it though, its very glaring for the person behind.

I heard after market rear fog light lta doesn't like. Or even stock rear ones :-(

Maybe I put a hidden switch and up my reverse light to mega brightness!!! Hehehe

I heard after market rear fog light lta doesn't like. Or even stock rear ones :-(

Maybe I put a hidden switch and up my reverse light to mega brightness!!! Hehehe

When I was a little boy, I remember the reverse light was a manual switch u can flick on n off.

The high beam switch was a foot switch on the floor to the left of the clutch pedal.

Hahaha. I bet u didnt know that. [sly]

Supercharged

Rear fog lights might irritate the driver behind more, as you glare him.

Most effective way is to tap your foot brake a bit, let the brake lights come on, and surely the tailgater will back off (cos he tot you are going to e-brake!). I read this somewhere in a defensive driving book...

Supercharged

I think rear fog lights are not allowed by LTA. SO if you install them, you are putting illegal mod on your car leh...

Don't make your reverse light so mega bright! What if its a xmm or chio bu behind tailgating? You might risk scaring her to tiff and have to bear all the consquences to recover her... [sly]

When I was a little boy, I remember the reverse light was a manual switch u can flick on n off.

The high beam switch was a foot switch on the floor to the left of the clutch pedal.

Don't bedek lah. Where got such a car? [laugh]

Honestly, i dun know... sad.

But do you know the switch for the turn indicator was mounted somewhere else, ie not a steering wheel column stalk we have today? Where was it mounted?

Do you know what a quarter-light was?

Have you ever crank-started a car?

Do you know how to use a piece a wood to adjust the heigth of the driver's seat?

Do you know which Fiat model had the wheel nuts turn in the oposite direction if you have a flat and need to change the tyre?

Which cars have spare tyre sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet?

Which is the first car which had headlights turn the same direction as the steering turns?

I think rear fog lights are not allowed by LTA. SO if you install them, you are putting illegal mod on your car leh...

Don't make your reverse light so mega bright! What if its a xmm or chio bu behind tailgating? You might risk scaring her to tiff and have to bear all the consquences to recover her... [sly]

I always put a disclaimer on my bumper: Please dont come near the car, I will not be held responsible for whatsoever consequences if you do.

btw, my mega bright means if you stand behind her, the light is so bright her body shilouete will be clearly visibile thru her dress!! Please get your hp camera ready!!

Edited by Maseratigood

Supercharged
Which cars have spare tyre sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet?

I always put a disclaimer on my bumper: Please dont come near the car, I will not be held responsible for whatsoever consequences if you do.

btw, my mega bright means if you stand behind her, the light is so bright her body shilouete will be clearly visibile thru her dress!! Please get your hp camera ready!!

Is it the VW Beetle that have spare tyre sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet?

So bright huh! Best if she stand side-ways so her contour shape of her breast/butt can be seen as perfectly well.... [:p] Snap snap away!!!

Is it the VW Beetle that have spare tyre sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet?

So bright huh! Best if she stand side-ways so her contour shape of her breast/butt can be seen as perfectly well.... [:p] Snap snap away!!!

Ya hor, her side view with my megaWatt fog lights shining can really make a centerfold pic!!! You bring one xmm and lets take the pic!!!

Your answer is half correct, The beetle has its spare taya covered below the bonnet, but there's no engine there!! The engine is at the rear, under the boot. Or maybe you are referring to the new Beetle?

Edited by Maseratigood

Supercharged

Ya hor, her side view with my megaWatt fog lights shining can really make a centerfold pic!!! You bring one xmm and lets take the pic!!!

Your answer is half correct, The beetle has its spare taya covered below the bonnet, but there's no engine there!! The engine is at the rear, under the boot. Or maybe you are referring to the new Beetle?

I don't have any supply of xmm to bring along leh....only bro P69 has. So got to ask him lor if he is generous to spare one... [:p]

Oh, not Beetle huh! Then don't know liao.... [dizzy] I give up!

Don't bedek lah. Where got such a car? [laugh]

That time my father was driving an Austin Eagle.

I bet u never even heard of this car. [:p]

Honestly, i dun know... sad.

1) But do you know the switch for the turn indicator was mounted somewhere else, ie not a steering wheel column stalk we have today? Where was it mounted?

2)Do you know what a quarter-light was?

3)Have you ever crank-started a car?

4)Do you know how to use a piece a wood to adjust the heigth of the driver's seat?

5)Do you know which Fiat model had the wheel nuts turn in the oposite direction if you have a flat and need to change the tyre?

6)Which cars have spare tyre sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet?

7)Which is the first car which had headlights turn the same direction as the steering turns?

1) On the center of the steering wheel above the horn.

2) A small traingle window in front of the front windows.

3) No

4) Never

5) No

6) Reanult

7) Citreon (the big one)

Do u know:

Last time where were the turn signal indicators b4 ty had flashing lights in front n rear of the car?

VW engine behind so how can the spare b sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet.

Ans: Renault.

I don't have any supply of xmm to bring along leh....only bro P69 has. So got to ask him lor if he is generous to spare one... [:p]

Oh, not Beetle huh! Then don't know liao.... [dizzy] I give up!

Since u dun know n I know the answer, U must supply the XMM. [laugh]

1) On the center of the steering wheel above the horn.

2) A small traingle window in front of the front windows.

3) No

4) Never

5) No

6) Reanult

7) Citreon (the big one)

Do u know:

Last time where were the turn signal indicators b4 ty had flashing lights in front n rear of the car?

VW engine behind so how can the spare b sitting on top of the engine but under the bonnet.

I know, I know!! The signal light shot out from the B-pillar.

Actually which Rnault model put the spare tyre between the bonnet n engine? I know Citroen GS had this arrangement.

I only heard of ford falcon, or morris minor, didn't know Austin made bird also!!??

Supercharged

I only heard of Austin Allegro. Not Austin Eagle. [:/]

Renault which model leh ?

OK lor...but you must give me the lobang...if not I can't supply any xmm at all. [grin]

↡ Advertisement