Sentosa's the costliest island in S-E Asia for travellers -

Picanto

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news/tripadvisor-sentosas-the-costliest-island-in-s-e-asia-for-travellers

why need to make things so expensive in sentose? from the parking, food, hotels.....seems like they only cater to the tourist $$$

There's your answer right there.

I've not been to sentosa since they opened resorts world and implemented parking charges at tanjung beach. Previously i'd bring my dogs there for swims/hydrotherapy or just go by myself to swim in the lagoon.

I go there quite often, and no I'm not working in Sentosa.

Just apply for the Sentosa Islander pass which cost $25/year with unlimited free entry (I got it at $20/year during a promotion last year). Parking charge there is comparable to HDB carpark.

In fact my wife and I have this bi-weekly outing to Sentosa late at night. We bought food at hawker centre, then drive to Sentosa to have night picnic by the beach [nod]

Sometimes after my work, I will drive to Sentosa to take a dip in the lagoon before the beach close at 7pm.

Beach & Imbiah Car Park

Parking Rates:

7AM - 5PM 5.01PM - 6.59AM Weekday $3 (1st 4hrs)
$1/hr thereafter

12PM - 2PM (FREE*) $1 per entry Weekend & Public Holiday $5 (1st 4hrs)
$2/hr thereafter $2 per entry
*Applies only for vehicles that enters and exit within this period on the same day
Tanjong & Palawan Car Park
Parking Rates:
7AM - 5PM 5.01PM - 6.59AM Weekday $3 (1st 8hrs)
$1/hr thereafter

12PM - 2PM (FREE*) $1 per entry Weekend & Public Holiday $3 (1st 8hrs)
$1/hr thereafter $1 per entry

unless you are doing staycation there and hence, get entrance fee waiver and free parking at hotel, it's one island to avoid!!!

no lah..i go der every other day to bathe....kekekekeke, whn i arnd the area lo....mid day freshen up

and once a wk for breakfast.....

no lah..i go der every other day to bathe....kekekekeke, whn i arnd the area lo....mid day freshen up

and once a wk for breakfast.....

err....must be bathe and breakfast package...er...at T2's izit? [sly][:p]

i wonder how accurate the report is. maybe they are renting high end bikes? something like a mercs equivalent sort of bike

The $146 for two bicycles for 8 hours is ridiculous.

bought food from the hawker centre at seah street?

I go there quite often, and no I'm not working in Sentosa.

Just apply for the Sentosa Islander pass which cost $25/year with unlimited free entry (I got it at $20/year during a promotion last year). Parking charge there is comparable to HDB carpark.

In fact my wife and I have this bi-weekly outing to Sentosa late at night. We bought food at hawker centre, then drive to Sentosa to have night picnic by the beach [nod]

Sometimes after my work, I will drive to Sentosa to take a dip in the lagoon before the beach close at 7pm.

Beach & Imbiah Car Park

Parking Rates:

7AM - 5PM 5.01PM - 6.59AM Weekday $3 (1st 4hrs)
$1/hr thereafter

12PM - 2PM (FREE*) $1 per entry Weekend & Public Holiday $5 (1st 4hrs)
$2/hr thereafter $2 per entry
*Applies only for vehicles that enters and exit within this period on the same day
Tanjong & Palawan Car Park
Parking Rates:
7AM - 5PM 5.01PM - 6.59AM Weekday $3 (1st 8hrs)
$1/hr thereafter

12PM - 2PM (FREE*) $1 per entry Weekend & Public Holiday $3 (1st 8hrs)
$1/hr thereafter $1 per entry

the rich does not want to mingle with the poor or middle class people

The high costs in to help the rich to enjoy the stay at the island. If too cheap, the island will be jammed. How to enjoy?

Hi All ,

Must admit the cost of goods and activities on the sentosa island is not cheap.

but just enjoy your day there and see what activities they organized for the visitors . must say its not bad and quite worth . i made a video so check it out and enjoy

↡ Advertisement