All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

Anyway, just to inform all, we have formed a whatsapp group for altis owners where we can share tips/ information with one another. pm or post your contact here if you're keen to join the group.

Can message your contact to any of the user - Drion / Sglanevo / whiz18

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hey bro,

Just collected my altis, the audio sucks big time.

Anyone here changed the headunit? Added amps? Added subwoofer ?

Will it void warranty changing out the headunit?

Or will it get locked down due to antitheft feature of the headunit?

Hated the gps navigation system anyway.

Edited by Mkwglyg

(edited)

Quick check with owners here. Does the 2015 spec elegance (16inch rims version) comes with "walk away auto lock"? I.e. off engine, close door and car locks by itself after walking away without pressing any buttons

Edited by Zcold

Quick check with owners here. Does the 2015 spec elegance (16inch rims version) comes with "walk away auto lock"? I.e. off engine, close door and car locks by itself after walking away without pressing any buttons

No. I always forget to lock.

[laugh][laugh] [laugh]

thanks buddy!

If u unlock it already but did not open the door, after a while, it will lock back by itself.

Neutral Newbie

Mine auto lock by itself after sometime. Bought mine in last August.
  • Praise 1

Also, if u look @ the passed sales price of Altis @ SGcarmart, it also nvr reflect the true transacted price.

As for Kia Forte 3, it is reflected closer to transacted price.

That's one reason why I don't like BM of their listed price.

It makes me difficult to gauge and decide.

They priced the listed so high and can give whatever discount they like based on whatever.

Eg. $15k just mentioned earlier.

Also their coe rebate is so far away from current coe value, must as well don't put.

Other then Kia, honda is another which reflected closer to transacted price.

Thanks for your replies. Was asking on behalf of a friend. Play safe just press the lock button for now.

That's one reason why I don't like BM of their listed price.

It makes me difficult to gauge and decide.

They priced the listed so high and can give whatever discount they like based on whatever.

Eg. $15k just mentioned earlier.

Also their coe rebate is so far away from current coe value, must as well don't put.

Other then Kia, honda is another which reflected closer to transacted price.

Me too when I begin searching for car early this year. Even the cost of car published by LTA with and without COE for Altis is not right. It looks like BM is playing a different game which I cannot understand how it will help their sales.

LTA published that BM make 20k from its sales of elegance which is not true. For my model, if I believe what LTA published, then they make 6k from my car. Of course, they also make from the min 30k loan & insurance.

(edited)

Hey bro,

some of us changed. i did. wrote about it somewhere (think the other altis thread).

have to check whether the model will be compatible with your reverse cam. else also have to change.

Edited by HdBanger

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro,

Suppose accessories have nothing to do with warranty of the engine and car body.

Suppose accessories have nothing to do with warranty of the engine and car body.

In my opinion, I do agree with you to a certain extent, but if the accessories are involved with electrical connection and if anything happens there would be an issue.  The risk of having your warranty being void would be high and when that happened then you will have a headache.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I just got my altis 2015 model for at a month. My FC on screen shows only 9.6 to 9.8km/l. My travel every morning is always through heavy traffic. Haven't done my 1k servicing yet. Bros, pls advise.

Just wondering if it's normal to have high fuel consumption in heavy traffic or before 1st servicing?

Its normal to have low FC if you always in heavy traffic.

No matter what car also will face same issue.

Neutral Newbie

Just wondering if it's normal to have high fuel consumption in heavy traffic or before 1st servicing?

It is normal. Drive slowly for the first 1K for the piston and all moving parts to mesh well. Also, after start up don not rev the engine and let it warm up a few minutes.

↡ Advertisement