All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

Air bag problem root cause is Takada.

But the korean cars are engine problem.

Not outsourced.

To me the korean manufacturers have a big problem.

same thing goes for samsung .....

cant really be trusted,

I know usually toyota drivers put reliability as first priority thus toyota cars up to date, only 2 airbag and no traction control. Should.learn from the recent fatal accident in aye tuas

Read the news from thailand toyota. Not only airbag le. Fyi, u r aware most toyota from bm r not from japan rite?

Worldwide, Toyota Motor Corp issued a recall of 6.4 million cars in a bid to address five different safety concerns, which include the possibility that the airbag might not deploy in a crash, or fires being caused by the engine starter. Around 2.3 million vehicles are being recalled due to seat rail problems, 760,000 because of the steering column bracket being defective, and 160,000 because of faulty windscreen wiper motors.

Toyota Motor Thailand released a statement saying that the recall shows the company’s care for customers’ safety, and that no irregularities had been reported by Toyota car owners in Thailand. The company also said they weren’t aware of any crashes, injuries or fatalities caused by the problems relating to the vehicles.

The models being recalled in Thailand are primarily the Fortuner (which is a high-selling car in the country) and the Innova. Globally, 27 models will be recalled, including the extremely popular Corolla and Yaris, as well as the Matrix, RAV4 and Highlander sports-utility trucks.

In March of this year, Toyota settled a criminal probe by the US Justice Department, who charged the company with misleading consumers by failing to reveal defects to the public, which caused numerous fatal accidents because of some vehicles accelerating suddenly.

Turbocharged

The current Altis price already very low, don't think it will go lower. Moving forward, I feel price won't go a lot lower too. Coe and car price don't seem to go in tandem with economy. But nothing is absolute in this world. For me I am not in a hurry to get a car. The only thing that is pressing on me is the reduced coe quota moving forward which could push up coe price. And I target to purchase within this year because I will lose my 50% ncd if I stop driving for more than a year. I haven't give in yet, probably I don't like the car enough. :)

Perhaps you could consider  a Korean marque which is in no way inferior in tehnology and built quality. Costs at least $10K less than the Altis.

End of the day, if you look at it from another perspective, >$100K is a lot of money to pay for a Thai assembled car, where labour and locally sourced parts are much cheaper than a full fledged Japanese assembled car.

I think Mazda also 2 airbags. And prolly ppl aka the troll is keen to deploy the air bags, so is concern over how many air bags in it?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

the Sg Altis Club is organising a meet-up at Borneo Motors in June 2017! Food & Drinks, + lots of fun promised with fellow Altis owners!! It's scheduled to be on 24 June (Sat), at BM Pandan, timing will be from 12noon - 6pm.

Even if you cant make it for the meet-up, come join us at our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SGAltisClub/?ref=bookmarks

or simply type "SG ALTIS CLUB"

See you soon!!

• Praise 1

Actually is my neighbour who own mazda 3 commend that,not me.

He also have difficult decision choosing between mazda 3 and altis few months back.

In the end buy mazda 3 cos said nicer interior,better specs etc.

Now start complaining back row very squeezely la,interior noisy la!

Don't know what he want also?

guess the thread has too many pages nw. this was one of the debates of m3 over altis. for us with family, rear seating space is a must. sadly m3 doesnt. this is the my only comment else i hve got a m3 if im single and without kids. hehe.

then comes m6, got the design, bigger rear space but cat b. so the choice is quite obvious for me.

Anyone has done 100k km or even 150k km with this car already can share their experience on major maintenance items like transmission or engine mountand suspension. Just curious about durability of this model.

no matter what car we drive, you as the owner probably wont say negative things abt the the car you bought right?

human nature. haha.

i like cars in general, hw the technology and design has improve so much over the yrs, be it korean, jap, euro or even china ones. peace guys

no matter what car we drive, you as the owner probably wont say negative things abt the the car you bought right?

human nature. haha.

i like cars in general, hw the technology and design has improve so much over the yrs, be it korean, jap, euro or even china ones. peace guys

I happened to wash car with another altis owner. We are complaining how much we dislike the bad sound proofing, soft suspension etc etc.

And when colleague ask me. I tell them all the negatives they have to bear for have spacious back row.

I happened to wash car with another altis owner. We are complaining how much we dislike the bad sound proofing, soft suspension etc etc.

And when colleague ask me. I tell them all the negatives they have to bear for have spacious back row.

That's an uncommonly heard of complaint that the Altis is noisy... it was whisper quiet when I test drove the car... are you referring to road noise, engine noise or wind noise? Is the noise complaint heard during low speed driving (urban, start stop or neighborhood driving speeds) or at highway speeds at 90 km/h and higher?

Or maybe you just used to the car and think it's noisier now? How long have you driven the car?

• Praise 1

Got a letter from BM on insurance renewal. The "very special price" is $1800 @ 20% NCD. I cannot agree more that this is truely special.

Last year my friend ask how come my Altis comprehensive insurance more expensive than his Harrier and we have the same NCD %. This year I dunno what to say.

Got a letter from BM on insurance renewal. The "very special price" is $1800 @ 20% NCD. I cannot agree more that this is truely special.

Last year my friend ask how come my Altis comprehensive insurance more expensive than his Harrier and we have the same NCD %. This year I dunno what to say.

Tell them special promotion mah... ha ha ha...

Hmm.....  the price the new vendor offer very good leh. 

Ya Lor. Told me 50th ann has tire promotion, Quote S$1400 for Michellin  XM2.  :brzzzzz:

correction S$750.

Can change PS4 outside.....