Man Died In SAF Detention Barrack

Picnic06-Biante15

Executive Assistant...... civillian or uniform service ????

from CNA: Defence executive assistant dies after collapsing at SAF detention barracks

SINGAPORE: A defence executive assistant with the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF), who was detained at the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) detention barracks to assist in investigations, has died.

MINDEF said 54-year-old Sivaperumal Tanggayelu collapsed while taking a shower at about 6.50pm last Friday.

It said the duty medic immediately started resuscitation efforts on Mr Sivaperumal, who was unconscious and without a pulse.

At 7.09pm, Mr Sivaperumal was moved to Tengah Air Base Medical Centre, where an SAF doctor assessed that he had suffered a cardiac arrest.

Advanced life support intervention was initiated and he was moved to the National University Hospital (NUH) Emergency Department at 7.44pm.

MINDEF said resuscitation efforts continued en route to the hospital.

At NUH, Mr Sivaperumal was resuscitated at 8.15pm, but remained in a critical condition.

He died on Monday at about 8.50pm at NUH.

MINDEF said before his detention, Mr Sivaperumal had been assessed to be medically fit for remand.

Since starting his detention on 15 October, Mr Sivaperumal had not reported sick or complained that he was feeling unwell.

MINDEF said he had also been excused from physical activities.

It added that the SAF is providing assistance to the family and is investigating the incident.

- CNA/xq

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

54yo liao still kenna sent to DB? I wonder what's the charge?

Collapsed while taking a shower? Shower must be damn power.

If he was a civillian, should be in prison.

So DB means, he was from uniform side and holding the title of Excu Asst, at least chow chow a Major or L/Col.... [grin]

54yo liao still kenna sent to DB? I wonder what's the charge?

Collapsed while taking a shower? Shower must be damn power.

rambo also lost his cool when he kana shower mar! rambo was young this one 54....at 54 when u lose your cool many things can happen...one of it is this case!

rambo also lost his cool when he kana shower mar! rambo was young this one 54....at 54 when u lose your cool many things can happen...one of it is this case!

Loss his cool? Cold turkey? [sweatdrop]

Left SAF 34yrs ago (NS).... [grin]

Didn't know got NUSAF ... :huh:

Got...in the 80s got liao. They hold army ranks. eg. LTA, CPT, etc., but they work in civilian.

I just learnt that they are now called DXOs.

dont use fowl language hor!

5 feathers!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Got...in the 80s got liao. They hold army ranks. eg. LTA, CPT, etc., but they work in civilian.

5 feathers!

And the ranking is from DX1 to DX13. 1 is corporal level, 13 is BG level.. if I recall correctly

• Praise 1

5 feathers!

hahahaha....5 feathers simi arr? Edited by Eviilusion

If he was a civillian, should be in prison.

So DB means, he was from uniform side and holding the title of Excu Asst, at least chow chow a Major or L/Col.... [grin]

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/arc/careers.html#careers=dxo&sub=career-proposition

See the above link for job description for Exec Asst. I think mostly handle deferment, emigration & renunciation of citizenship cases.

Looks like glorified chief clerk. Possible that he might be uniformed. Rank should be warrant officer level bah. I'm just guessing.

• Praise 1

And the ranking is from DX1 to DX13. 1 is corporal level, 13 is BG level.. if I recall correctly

hmmmm............ so that guy from Yishun library who identified himself as 'Counter Terrorist' (Plain Cloth) under DX scheme ..... [sly]

↡ Advertisement