Do I need to change tire ?

Bluepica

45 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

82K damn lasting. What brand and model is it?

Can repair if you want and if you stay near Eunos I can do for you. Else go to tyre shop patch it, should be $10.

82k still have thread left, he must be a very gentle driver,  no hard start and no hard stop, free rolling most of the time. not the tyres, it is the driver that makes the difference.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supercharged
41 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

82K damn lasting. What brand and model is it?

Can repair if you want and if you stay near Eunos I can do for you. Else go to tyre shop patch it, should be $10.

They were Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres and had been really workhorses. Thanks for your offer! I just replaced all 4 🙂

• Praise 5

28 minutes ago, kykh said:

They were Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres and had been really workhorses. Thanks for your offer! I just replaced all 4 🙂

Turanzas are quite long lasting.

Used a set of GR-80s for 60,000 kms previously. 

• Praise 3

On 8/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, kykh said:

have you tried potenza? 

I read that the wet holding for turanza isn't that perfect? True?

JUST MY sharing only

each of every tires(different brand and model) are not 100% equal.

durability is largely depend on type of car (FWD, RWD , MPV etc) and also the driving condition (road0 and Driver driving Habit.

and last but not least , Maintenances like Check and balance and rotate.

do you Maths wisely and remembered you pay what you get and get use  to your driving  after new tire changed  .

any other input is welcome

my personal ride is noting to shut about but i always go for the near best tire ,MOney dont save and SAfe .

i changed my tires usually around 40.000km

Edited by Roberttan

On 9/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, Gadgeter said:

have you tried potenza? 

I read that the wet holding for turanza isn't that perfect? True?

not really, but turanza series got dozen of model.

if just focus in sg the most popular turanza is t005a . its a extremely comfort and quiet tyres.

but if talking about wet grip mean aquaplaning.it still got 4 main grooves for the water to flow through. which is very similar to potenza 004

41 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

JUST MY sharing only

each of every tires(different brand and model) are not 100% equal.

durability is largely depend on type of car (FWD, RWD , MPV etc) and also the driving condition (road0 and Driver driving Habit.

and last but not least , Maintenances like Check and balance and rotate.

do you Maths wisely and remembered you pay what you get and get use  to your driving  after new tire changed  .

any other input is welcome

my personal ride is noting to shut about but i always go for the near best tire ,MOney dont save and SAfe .

i changed my tires usually around 40.000km

For tyre rotation, it should be done when driving wheel tyre tread is lower than non-driving.

Neutral Newbie

How good are those tires? I'm currently looking for replacement tires at 4WheelOnline. I need to get quieter tires with better handling in wet conditions. I'm looking for more suggestions and recommendations. 

7 minutes ago, ilex9103 said:

How good are those tires? I'm currently looking for replacement tires at 4WheelOnline. I need to get quieter tires with better handling in wet conditions. I'm looking for more suggestions and recommendations. 

Go research on GY EfficientGrip Performance 2.  Comfortable and very Quiet, good wet performance.  But doesn't look sporty.  Am using them and happy with the purchase.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Asking for opinion, would you replace tyre that has patch in sidewall area nearer to the inner part? Attached picture.

Some background.. I had to patch my new front left tyre last July 2021 at a tyre shop (1K mileage). Recently did 10K servicing and tyre rotation. So now it's at rear right. The mechanic advised if possible to replace the tyre as patch done on sidewall. For now to monitor regularly etc.

I read online those severe sidewall damage can cause tyre to burst which sounds scary. And minor ones 1/4 inch can be patched.

Can't really decide if mine can be considered minor or bad. I think if it was not repairable, the tyre workshop that I sent for patching would have advised me to replace?

Thinking of driving for another 5K or so, then replace all tyres. Or just replace the rear 2 now and then at next 10K, replace all.

What would you do?

tyre.jpg

Edited by Darnpunk
Re-upload image

My MIL has the patch in the same place.

I didn't bother to change for her.

I said just use until die.

:D

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Darnpunk said:

Asking for opinion, would you replace tyre that has patch in sidewall area nearer to the inner part? Attached picture.

Some background.. I had to patch my new front left tyre last July 2021 at a tyre shop (1K mileage). Recently did 10K servicing and tyre rotation. So now it's at rear right. The mechanic advised if possible to replace the tyre as patch done on sidewall. For now to monitor regularly etc.

I read online those severe sidewall damage can cause tyre to burst which sounds scary. And minor ones 1/4 inch can be patched.

Can't really decide if mine can be considered minor or bad. I think if it was not repairable, the tyre workshop that I sent for patching would have advised me to replace?

Thinking of driving for another 5K or so, then replace all tyres. Or just replace the rear 2 now and then at next 10K, replace all.

What would you do?

tyre.jpg

Not sure what your concern is, that is more important than driving safe. I'd not risk that 5000km, ever wondering if my tire will hold up.

if on budget, change a pair

if can, change set of 4.

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL has the patch in the same place.

I didn't bother to change for her.

I said just use until die.

your MIL's is this patch?

Herbal_Pad_Therapy_DSC8105.jpg

• Haha! 1

(edited)

That doesn't look to be at the side wall and it's a tiny screw. Anyway already driven 9k,what's another 5k?

Just make sure you have TPMS for easy monitoring of the pressure. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

No lah I use this kind

Very cute hor!

image.png.42f0dcf736c13fea205d5af4bb0cc195.png

15 minutes ago, shutterbox said:

your MIL's is this patch?

Herbal_Pad_Therapy_DSC8105.jpg

• Haha! 1

1917944733_Screenshot_20220307-131958_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2c91e1bae3172eb3bc39fcbdd9979a69.jpg

Think that tiny screw no look like a puncture larger than 6mm.

Diagram from Google. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
36 minutes ago, Darnpunk said:

What would you do?

tyre.jpg

I will just change that one. 10k km isn’t too much diff in wear to make a difference between tires.