Major Accident on AYE This Morning 23 Oct

Wildaltum

A very bad and major traffic accident on AYE towrads Tuas this morning during peak hours at ab 9am....a tipper truck toppled and may have crushed a taxi and motorcycle on the extreme right lane...a section of AYE was closed and motorists were forced to turn back into a slip road for a while...then they opened up the road shoulder for vehicles to pass through.

Two ambulances, 2 fire engines, one red rhino, two crane trucks and police vehicles all came to the scene to help to remove the truck...I hope no one is dead or seriously injured in the accident...they are still trying to upright the truck now...lets pray for the accident victims...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

A very bad and major traffic accident on AYE towrads Tuas this morning during peak hours at ab 9am....a tipper truck toppled and may have crushed a taxi and motorcycle on the extreme right lane...a section of AYE was closed and motorists were forced to turn back into a slip road for a while...then they opened up the road shoulder for vehicles to pass through.

Two ambulances, 2 fire engines, one red rhino, two crane trucks and police vehicles all came to the scene to help to remove the truck...I hope no one is dead or seriously injured in the accident...they are still trying to upright the truck now...lets pray for the accident victims...

From google map, accident is between tuas road exit and tuas road entrance. Congestion up to Benoi Flyover.

So drivers travelling by AYE towards tuas will mostly be unaffected unless going to tuas area.

Yeah...but realy hope the victims are all right. They managed to rescue the taxi driver out i heard...but taxi passenger still trapped in the taxi....omg!!!

wadafug.....

A section of the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) just before Tuas West is closed due to a serious accident involving a tipper truck and lorry.

As at 10.45am on Wednesday, a taxi passenger remained trapped in an overturned vehicle. A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said the male taxi driver, who was also trapped initially, has already been taken to the National University Hospital.

The accident occurred at about 9.36am along the AYE towards Tuas close to the Tuas West Exit, but how the accident occurred has not been established.

Edited by Mockngbrd

I am commenting without knowing the facts of the accident ......

But seriously, Tipper truck again ........ and if the accident is on the right lane .... pretty obvious right ? When is TP going to do something good for all the drivers on the road. I fear every time I see such trucks speeding towards my car on my rear mirror.

• Praise 1

But seriously, Tipper truck again ........ and if the accident is on the right lane .... pretty obvious right ? When is TP going to do something good for all the drivers on the road. I fear every time I see such trucks speeding towards my car on my rear mirror.

I also dunno - but it seems he tipped into the right lane...meaning he was in lane 2?

This doesn't mean he wasn't speeding though -

But like you say - we don't know the facts yet....or what caused the accident

Good news!!!...Taxi passenger rescued out and was conscious throughout...omg...must have been seriously very frightening...The two crane trucks happened to pass by and helped to lift the tipper truck off the taxi together with SCDF officers assistance.

This is really scary...AYE stretch is still closed now...all the cars have been directed to the parallel small road by the side before the Benoi flyover...the other side of AYE twds City is closed on the right lane because some oil have spilled across to the other side too,...

Everyone drive safe please...

• Praise 1

and are tippers supposed to be in lane 2???

Depends what's happening in lane 3

..The two crane trucks happened to pass by and helped to lift the tipper truck off the taxi together with SCDF officers assistance.

YAY to them!! That's good civic responsibility and is the way we should all try to help as and when we can!

I hope that their client, job, delivery, supervisor or whatever they were supposed to be doing appreciates them for this and doesn't give them grief

I do not think that it will overturn for nothing...a lot of them can be seen chionging and overtaking at higher speeds than what they are allowed, at Tuas after 7plus 8.

Until they finish catching drivers with illegal HID headlights?

• Praise 1

i kenna stuck in the jam this morning..... all vehicles stationary for 40 long mins !!

when polis start to redirct the traffic, then the traffic slowly moves...... i kaypo and wanted to take picture when passing by the accident vehicles so drive damn slow, the polis ka wa xiong :D :D

Edited by Nightkids

The honda fit taxi was totally flat!!!!!...its a mircale that the driver and passenger survived. Now the road is still closed...watch the TV news and see if pics of the taxi will be shown or not...it is totally totally flat...and the truck was carrying greyish soil some more!!..

↡ Advertisement