IPPT 2.4km Increase to 3.2km

Watwheels

Good topic to bring out. I also say - heng I'm out of it. During NS I could run fast, but as grow older, it gets tougher and tougher.... so already 2.4km seems such a long distance... to make me run a metre more, don't say another 800m .... [furious][bigcry]

there are already so many people collapsing due to strenuous exercise in the news

Are they trying to have more of that?

lucky i also MR liao. :D

• Praise 1

I tot NS now states you can't do more than 20 push-ups per session? Then how?

And imagine, after the push ups, your next station is pull up! Wah, sure die one!

If passing time also increase say double then many bros still kena IPPT may some how cheer [thumbsup]

Else they may have to prepare for more IPT or RT sessions in many more camps I guess.

And also standby more medics accordingly... [lipsrsealed]

Heng bo wah ei tai chi liao [sweatdrop]

Too many people get gold [grin]

no leh. anyone who can run gold for 2.4km sure can get gold for longer distance also.

But some people with good aerobic fitness just can't run fast enough for gold timing.

I tot NS now states you can't do more than 20 push-ups per session? Then how?

And imagine, after the push ups, your next station is pull up! Wah, sure die one!

Not more dan 20 push up at one time. After 20 you can recover and dan drop another 20, recover dan drop another 20...I can go on the whole day. LoL...

Too many people get gold [grin]

Can hire ppl to run for me to get gold? [lipsrsealed]

The increase of distance for IPPT may in view of lately there are increase of participants, who are NS man, in Army Half Marathon, StandChart Marathon and etc...

The standard for 3.2 km run is not known yet... most probably will be easier...

For the push up, I remember that there is rule that it cannot be punish for more than 20 at one go.... but this is not punishment.. hahahaha

I heard in the US army, their run are 2 mile for their physical test...which is equal to 3.2km...

I personal feel, to gauge fitness, the best is to able to complete a run of 5km in 18 to 30min depend on age... because this pace is lesser on anaerobic and more of aerobic for most of the NSman...

Not more dan 20 push up at one time. After 20 you can recover and dan drop another 20, recover dan drop another 20...I can go on the whole day. LoL...

Can hire ppl to run for me to get gold? [lipsrsealed]

Happened in camps and folks got charged...

Once was having my non-ICT IPPT and at the sit-up station.

The assistant next to me started something like: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10,12,15,... when the prowling 1-crab conducting officer stopped him in his tracks to ask the last count to which the assistant replied accordingly.

Both of them were immediately asked to fall out and heard from my detail IC later that they would be charged and not continuing with the rest of us.

Edited by Vulcann

when i heard abt the news this morning... the immediate thing that came to my mind was the 3.2 km track in macritchie reservoir... for those who used to go there during sch days in the 80s or early 90s.. there is a 4.8 km and a 3.2 km track... the latter is usually for the ladies during a school run,.. so nowaday guys can use tat track liao ( if it is still there) for the IPPT training !!

i had ever asked a PTI why 2.4km.. and the reply was it is the maximum distance tat a "fit" guy can cover comfortably without any stoppages ... but no one can tell me what is the purpose of standing broad jump or sit and reach during sch days

Edited by Cracker

The increase of distance for IPPT may in view of lately there are increase of participants, who are NS man, in Army Half Marathon, StandChart Marathon and etc...

The standard for 3.2 km run is not known yet... most probably will be easier...

For the push up, I remember that there is rule that it cannot be punish for more than 20 at one go.... but this is not punishment.. hahahaha

I heard in the US army, their run are 2 mile for their physical test...which is equal to 3.2km...

I personal feel, to gauge fitness, the best is to able to complete a run of 5km in 18 to 30min depend on age... because this pace is lesser on anaerobic and more of aerobic for most of the NSman...

tiagong fro hwz is 15 mins or 16 mins to pass

12 mins to get gold

but cant find the thread liao

Turbocharged

when i heard abt the news this morning... the immediate thing that came to my mind was the 3.2 km track in macritchie reservoir... for those who used to go there during sch days in the 80s or early 90s.. there is a 4.8 km and a 3.2 km track... the latter is usually for the ladies during a school run,.. so nowaday guys can use tat track liao ( if it is still there) for the IPPT training !!

i had ever asked a PTI why 2.4km.. and the reply was it is the maximum distance tat a "fit" guy can cover comfortably without any stoppages ... but no one can tell me what is the purpose of standing broad jump or sit and reach during sch days

Think we adopt the same standard as the Israelis army.