Proton Suprima S

Glyuen

if they bring to sg, confirm proton sales would improve 100%.....................................................to 2 units! [laugh]

With the COE and tax system here, it is difficult for Proton to sell cars. Coupled with the consumer's preception of the brand, not many would be willing to pay $100k for a Proton. However I must say that Proton is very proactive in consumers' feedback. I faced some problems with my Exora previously and sent an email to the CEO. He replied and subsequently directed Proton SG to look into the problems and had them solved. I wonder if I would be able to get hold of Toyota or Volkswagen CEO's email address, much less a reply. Edited by Coolpica
↡ Advertisement

With the COE and tax system here, it is difficult for Proton to sell cars. Coupled with the consumer's preception of the brand, not many would be willing to pay $100k for a Proton. However I must say that Proton is very proactive in consumers' feedback. I faced some problems with my Exora previously and sent an email to the CEO. He replied and subsequently directed Proton SG to look into the problems and had them solved. I wonder if I would be able to get hold of Toyota or Volkswagen CEO's email address, much less a reply.

emailing proton CEO directly is good.

confirm many suprima customers will need to do that when they comprain that driver seat is located facing backwards........ [:p][laugh][laugh]

emailing proton CEO directly is good.

confirm many suprima customers will need to do that when they comprain that driver seat is located facing backwards........ [:p][laugh][laugh]

Hahaaha.. actually.. this is a Preve hatchback right? But it rather looks nice.. and interior quite highn tech...

• Praise 1

Not bad but seems like proton cars become not very popular in malaysia le. Nowadays most people are driving perodua cars.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Not bad but seems like proton cars become not very popular in malaysia le. Nowadays most people are driving perodua cars.

Proton is slowly making a comeback with the new models, eg Exora, Saga BLM, Preve...

Perodua re mainly smaller cars like hatchbacks. It can't dominate the whole market with their limited range...

shifter can be shorter though...

Longer is better for lady drivers! [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Own the 2nd generation Saga ( hatchback 12V ) before.... power window [shakehead]

A gadget at the carburettor ( for cold start thingy ) cracked n almost drop-off.....

Panicked & my mechanic just peeled & throw it away Was fuming mad earlier after which was explained it was later not necessary in our climate ( my bad about car engine )

Overall maintenance cheap/ reliable - / handling so so..

Good for a family car better than Kimchi car during does era..

Outlook for this Suprima S not bad imo.. [thumbsup]

QC and old tech are major problems at Proton, now they have bolted on a turbo for the Suprima and catching up with technology a little but turbo engine has more parts and require added maintenance, let's hope the QC part has also caught on a little.

• Praise 1

My friend just trade in his Neo for 2013 Preve CFE with 6 airbags cause he didnt want the old stock which has only 4.Interior a bit plasticky but hey the torque spread around 2000-4000 like a 2 liter car and engine feel strain reaching 5500rpm due to rev limiter.Cant complain much since its only a single light turbo engine with 1360kg car.The traction control feel well on wet roads too probably due to feedbacks.About suprima ive heard sg intended to bring in a few batch next year

• Praise 1

To some the only good things that comes out from MY are the food...cheap petrol groceries and ciggies. There was a report about a japanese outfit that bought a load of proton fir the Asia Rally Championship but these kind of news never gets to our local media.

I recall Satrias winning in ARC not too long ago!!

Longer is better for lady drivers! [lipsrsealed]

LOL..... depends on the shape or head also!!! [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

With the COE and tax system here, it is difficult for Proton to sell cars. Coupled with the consumer's preception of the brand, not many would be willing to pay $100k for a Proton. However I must say that Proton is very proactive in consumers' feedback. I faced some problems with my Exora previously and sent an email to the CEO. He replied and subsequently directed Proton SG to look into the problems and had them solved. I wonder if I would be able to get hold of Toyota or Volkswagen CEO's email address, much less a reply.

Although Proton cars are not fantastic, plus COE prices here makes them not attractive. I don't see the need to run them down for cheap thrills.

Good after sales service is always a plus point for any brands, I am glad to hear they are doing it here.

• Praise 2

Proton cars signal levers are conti style.? Hope they can make adj to their tc engines to match 130hp. They could really give cat A buyers a run for their monies. Esp the exora.

• Praise 1

Agreed. Especially with Myvi. Small car but yet powerful & pleasure to drive.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

LOL..... depends on the shape or head also!!! [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Exactly. But then, which shape is best for the lady ? What would you recommend if a lady have asked you this question ? [sly]

Proton cars signal levers are conti style.?

Only Savvy is....ie the signal stock is on the left side. The others, should be on the right side, like Japanese cars.

Exactly. But then, which shape is best for the lady ? What would you recommend if a lady have asked you this question ? [sly]

Only Savvy is....ie the signal stock is on the left side. The others, should be on the right side, like Japanese cars.

I went to take a look at the photos under new car for Preve, from the pics, looks like its conti style. The fuel cap on the right also.

But noted the auto is CVT. scared scared.

If I ask, I am afraid I will have to show her the real thing..... how? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Technically there's no such thing as one size fits all, the best way to find out is through trials and errors, no shortcut!!! [grin][grin]

I went to take a look at the photos under new car for Preve, from the pics, looks like its conti style. The fuel cap on the right also.

I have been wondering why out of the blue a MY models adopt conti configuration for signal stalk and fuel cap?

Maybe when all left-sided petrol pumps are occupied by majority of the cars (which are left-sided), these right-sided cars can use the right-sided ones (which are less popular) without having to queue up?

Edited by Maseratigood

my MY car signal stock is on the left and fuel cap is on the right. Been like that since i bought it in 08!

could also be they want to pattern like conti car esp since they own Lotus.

This equal to childish mindset of engineers and the chief engineer. Ha ha..

• Praise 1