Proton Suprima S

Glyuen

Wah Boleh Gov very smart - use taxpayers money to buy Hondas for themselves and ask people to buy Protons using their own money saying Proton car are very good. [thumbsup]

:D

Government to replace Proton Perdana Executive and Inspira official cars with Honda Accord 2.4 and 2.0

Government to replace Proton Perdana Executive and Inspira official cars with Honda Accord 2.4 and 2.0

It has been confirmed that the Proton Perdana Executive and Proton Inspira in the official Government vehicle fleet is to be replaced by the Honda Accord (likely to be the current model and not the upcoming ninth-gen version). The move to replace the fleet was announced by the Ministry of Finance in a memo dated July 29, addressed to all relevant government agencies.

UPDATE: The Honda Accord-based Proton Perdana Replacement Model (PRM) has been spotted on the road, see all the spyshots here.

The Perdana Executive, which is allocated for use by the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Parliament, judges, members of the administration and selected Grade A civil servants, will be replaced by the 2.4 litre variant of the Accord.

Meanwhile, the Inspira, allocated to selected Grade B and C category civil servants – or the equivalent – is to be replaced by the Accord 2.0. The model replacement programme has also been extended to all federal statutory bodies as well as local councils.

The memo adds that the replacement will be carried out in stages, with that of the Perdana Executive taking place first. Priority will be given to officials who have not been supplied with an official car or those whose lease of an existing official vehicle has ended

No pride sia.

From car maker downgrade to badge maker. If you know what I mean.

Proton just make the badge and just put it on a car they bought from other maker.

Is the suspension Lotus tuned? LoL....

Why other car makers allow them to cheapen their brand is beyond comprehension.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

No pride sia.

From car maker downgrade to badge maker. If you know what I mean.

Proton just make the badge and just put it on a car they bought from other maker.

Is the suspension Lotus tuned? LoL....

Why other car makers allow them to cheapen their brand is beyond comprehension.

Obsolete model clear stock in a market that is not strategic.

:D

How they decided the brand? By tender on cost and spec?

How well they will make it transparency about the buying price of the new car fleet?

Who going to sold those car fleet to government? Another own bro n sis of gov people?

Wondering how much benefits pocketed into own account?

U know, I know wat they are up to lor... no body can stop it as it is boleh-land..

Agreed. Especially with Myvi. Small car but yet powerful & pleasure to drive.

Powerful?Chassis so light of course mah,using japanese engine..But do you know how many Myvis flying around with wrecks all over when accidents?Yes its

save fuel and maintenance and pray no accidents happen..At least the new Proton is safety oriented despite the heavy chassis..Drive by wire feel sluggish but can go for ecu tuning and modification to the pedal and throttle body.

How they decided the brand? By tender on cost and spec?

How well they will make it transparency about the buying price of the new car fleet?

Who going to sold those car fleet to government? Another own bro n sis of gov people?

Temporary only,In future Proton will built their own Perdana and Perdana limos along a race spec 2.0 cars and big mpv.

Wondering how much benefits pocketed into own account?

U know, I know wat they are up to lor... no body can stop it as it is boleh-land..

proton cars are not that lousy in terms of handling or drive comfort.

i drive the waja for a few years liow, and i find that it is quite good.

with good maintenance, i am sure it will give many of the vios and latios on the road a run for their money in the handling and comfort category.

it is the COE that is making this car none attractive locally.

when COE was cheaper, you see plenty of wiras, wajas on the road.

Proton spec is quite humble..On paper Exora 1.6CFE 0-100kmh:11.3s top 185kmh but real world test gets an average 9.9s 195kmh on gps,Preve 1.6CFE around 9.6s top 190kmh real test gets 8.6s 213kmh while the Suprima on paper puts 9.9s 190kmh but gets around 9s 215kmh.At least better than Peugeot 5008 whi

the new suprima interior looks good IMHO.

from the many posts, if they are bringing this to SG, is the manual version available?

please refrain from using the word "powerful" . It feels so abused.

Hokay. Power siol!

Turbocharged engine is all about torque performance. But not many can see that. To the layman is no doubt "powerful".

I rented a Preve recently when in Malaysia. It was the non turbo 1.6 version.

Cons : Really not much power. Rev limit also low, so torque spread not that good also. I think it was an early car, had minor build quality issues like the door panels, moves when the electric window moves. Headlights also got some electronic glitch, will suddenly turn brighter or dimmer once in a while.

Pros : Interior quality and 'solidness' has improved a LOT over the waja, persona era. Suspension was soft but soaks up all the potholes and bumps and lumps on the Malaysian roads effortlessly. Being a rental car, I thrashed it naturally, even flying over humps and potholes, never managed to bottom out the suspension. Handling was decent enough for a basic car. Had fun wheel screeching it up and down Genting.

I rented a Preve recently when in Malaysia. It was the non turbo 1.6 version.

Cons : Really not much power. Rev limit also low, so torque spread not that good also. I think it was an early car, had minor build quality issues like the door panels, moves when the electric window moves. Headlights also got some electronic glitch, will suddenly turn brighter or dimmer once in a while.

Pros : Interior quality and 'solidness' has improved a LOT over the waja, persona era. Suspension was soft but soaks up all the potholes and bumps and lumps on the Malaysian roads effortlessly. Being a rental car, I thrashed it naturally, even flying over humps and potholes, never managed to bottom out the suspension. Handling was decent enough for a basic car. Had fun wheel screeching it up and down Genting.

You dare to do this with a rental car ; wheel screeching it up and down Genting ?

Bro, better be careful next time.

Last time i rental a Waja at Langkawi and suddenly there is NO brake !!!

You dare to do this with a rental car ; wheel screeching it up and down Genting ?

Bro, better be careful next time.

Last time i rental a Waja at Langkawi and suddenly there is NO brake !!!

More fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow mah.

It had 400km on the odo when I took it. Very new car. I doing my bit to help them run in the engine and tyres/brakes.

Doesn't take much to chirp/squeal the eco tyres on a Preve actually. I like to drive with a 'Conservation of momentum' style, i.e. not aiming to go A to B in fastest time, but A to B in fastest time without braking. So I always try to aim the entry into the corner at a speed where no brakes are needed, just wheel scrub the excess speed off.

↡ Advertisement