silicon spray

Kurty

Supercharged

hello,

basically i'm new to this product but did some research on it.

said to protect the rubber lining, leather, dashboard and even tire.. interior and exterior

basically, 1 can for all applications and purposes..

went down to autobacs today and found out that they having a promo.

$10 for 3 cans of silicon spray by soft 99..

i was never a detailing person.. but to maintain my cars, i decided to get hold of 6 cans and give it a test.

anyone been using this product, wanna share more? [grin]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

without promotion.. one can I think almost 10 dollars...

well, I bought one recently to try it out.. can't remember if the brand is soft99..

the problem is, you need to spray alot to get the shine. i'll strongly suggest you to spray on a piece of cloth and quickly wipe on the dash of your car. it dries pretty fast and if you spray directly, it leaves residue on your windscreen.

have a strong silicon smell which i'm not sure if its good for the "user". maybe can make use of your N95 now. also make sure you open your cabin door wide wide when using it.

Shine is pretty lasting and doesn't have those "rainbow" colour when sun shines on it.

I also use it to restore those matt black area that has turned white due to heat.

can spray on tyre to use as tyre shine also.. I didn't use for leather cleaning as I have other stuff for that..

not a bad substitute from those luxurious cleaning product. just that you have to bear with the smell a bit and it is quite messy to use.

maybe tonight go autobacs grab 3 bottles!

Edited by Knoobie

Supercharged

without promotion.. one can I think almost 10 dollars...

well, I bought one recently to try it out.. can't remember if the brand is soft99..

the problem is, you need to spray alot to get the shine. i'll strongly suggest you to spray on a piece of cloth and quickly wipe on the dash of your car. it dries pretty fast and if you spray directly, it leaves residue on your windscreen.

have a strong silicon smell which i'm not sure if its good for the "user". maybe can make use of your N95 now. also make sure you open your cabin door wide wide when using it.

Shine is pretty lasting and doesn't have those "rainbow" colour when sun shines on it.

I also use it to restore those matt black area that has turned white due to heat.

can spray on tyre to use as tyre shine also.. I didn't use for leather cleaning as I have other stuff for that..

not a bad substitute from those luxurious cleaning product. just that you have to bear with the smell a bit and it is quite messy to use.

maybe tonight go autobacs grab 3 bottles!

yeah, you are right..

i'm surprised to see that it can be applied for matt black.. my whole car is matt and usually i can't go for any strong wax.. as it will remove the paint or make the color uneven..

was told that i could also spray directly on the engine.. as engine usually has rubber parts and the beauty of this silicon spray, was a coating to prevent moisture..

better go and grab it fast, i saw only 10 set left..

price tag was at $12.90 but for some, they have additional price tag as at $10..

so we grab those with price tag of $10, still save $2.90 [grin]

yeah, you are right..

i'm surprised to see that it can be applied for matt black.. my whole car is matt and usually i can't go for any strong wax.. as it will remove the paint or make the color uneven..

was told that i could also spray directly on the engine.. as engine usually has rubber parts and the beauty of this silicon spray, was a coating to prevent moisture..

better go and grab it fast, i saw only 10 set left..

price tag was at $12.90 but for some, they have additional price tag as at $10..

so we grab those with price tag of $10, still save $2.90 [grin]

your matt black is paint or sticker for whole car?? I was thinking of doing matt blue for my car.. lol!

I used it to "polish" my engine cover and air filter cover too! shiny matt black! but not so sure on other rubber parts like timing belt etc.

earliest i can reach there after work is 6.15 like that.. hopefully still have lor..

if i remember correctly, the $10 is almost similar on the design as $12.90 right?

Supercharged

your matt black is paint or sticker for whole car?? I was thinking of doing matt blue for my car.. lol!

I used it to "polish" my engine cover and air filter cover too! shiny matt black! but not so sure on other rubber parts like timing belt etc.

earliest i can reach there after work is 6.15 like that.. hopefully still have lor..

if i remember correctly, the $10 is almost similar on the design as $12.90 right?

mine is paint.. ok, i just tested the silicon.. no doubt it shines.. but not suitable for matt colors..

why, as matt black is a layer over original paintwork, somehow, you are removing this layer..

so not recommended.. [shakehead]

go for sticker if you wish to, matt black is really bad.

i paid around 1.6k for 2 tone.. the lambo green are beautiful and strong but the black.. really cannot make it..

matt blue, can consider frozen blue, very swee and cool.. my area, kaki bukit got an owner who drive a bm, his car is frozen blue.. but we don't know if vinyl or paint.. very very nice..

can use on your plastic and rubber, tested.. really bring life to them [sunny]

should have, when i left, still got around 10 sets.. can consider the mini fire extinguisher, going for $10 and freebie an air freshener but the expiry is only dec 2014. normally this kind of stuff, should have longer lifespan.. intend to put 1 at car while another at home, never know when you will need them.

yeah, $10 or $12.90 is the same.. just some packaging got 2 tags while some, only has 1 reflecting $12.90..

better grab those with 2 tags, so pay $10 for 3 cans.. if cashier ask, you can show them it's only $10 as reflected [grin]

↡ Advertisement