Hong Kong: What to do in HK?

I-LOVE-CARS

Hi Guys, tried finding related thread but can't seem to find anything, so decided to start a new thread....I will be going to Hong Kong from the 26th of december to 31st december and will be staying at the EAST Hong Kong Hotel......it will be my first trip to HK since 2006 and wanted to gather on what to do, what to eat, best mode of travel, etc.

All inputs are appreciated [:)]

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, tried finding related thread but can't seem to find anything, so decided to start a new thread....I will be going to Hong Kong from the 26th of december to 31st december and will be staying at the EAST Hong Kong Hotel......it will be my first trip to HK since 2006 and wanted to gather on what to do, what to eat, best mode of travel, etc.

if you are going with kids,must bring them to ocean park & disneyland. tkt can be purchased cheaper at some MTR shop.The best mode of travel would be MTR as they are well connected.Can even plan a day trip to shenzhen dongmen for shopping.

Neutral Newbie

Can visit lamma island but do avoid the first seafood restaurant Man fung seafood. Charge exorbitant prices for its seafood to tourist. S$100 plus for a 600g fish and S$100 plus for 2 mantis prawns. Please warn your friends n family too

Tung chung outlets for factory outlet prices.Lantau island (big buddha) is accessible from tung chung via cable car. Enjoy!

mcf has been around for more than 10 years, there should be more than 10 threads talking about Hong Kong...

do an advance search ...

(edited)

mcf has been around for more than 10 years, there should be more than 10 threads talking about Hong Kong...

do an advance search ...

Tried to search in MCF for threads related to HK but cannot seem to find any....anyway can anyone recommend any nice dim sim food stalls in HK? (Especially the Century Egg Porridge)

Edit: Anyone have any recommendation for hotels around SGD$2,4XX for 5 Nights....am also looking for alternatives other than EAST

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Tried to search in MCF for threads related to HK but cannot seem to find any....anyway can anyone recommend any nice dim sim food stalls in HK? (Especially the Century Egg Porridge)

Edit: Anyone have any recommendation for hotels around SGD$2,4XX for 5 Nights....am also looking for alternatives other than EAST

Search for 一点心if you want really great dim sum at affordable rate. The dim sum is better than many hotels and restaurants I go to. It's at Mongkok and I go there very often. Michelin recommended but be prepared to wait as the queue is very long everyday and the sitting places are tight.

nah. happy reading! [:p] Don't think HK changed that much. SHould be still relevent.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2640756-hong-kong-as-a-holiday-destination/page-1?hl=hongkong

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2546426-hongkong-holiday-where-to-go/page-1?hl=hongkong

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2683237-is-hk-disneyland-worth-a-visit/?hl=hongkong

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Search for 一点心if you want really great dim sum at affordable rate. The dim sum is better than many hotels and restaurants I go to. It's at Mongkok and I go there very often. Michelin recommended but be prepared to wait as the queue is very long everyday and the sitting places are tight.

are you referring to 添好運?

This is a must try if you are in HK. here is a pic of the mongkok outlet. after eating there, the opp building (only open after 12 noon), sell a lot of toys guns and weapons which is the exact replica of the real guns like AK47, GPMG, MP5, etc.

and if you are into collecting car models, you can get those highly detailed models there as well.

hongkong3_1570933c.jpg

• Praise 1

are you referring to 添好運?

This is a must try if you are in HK. here is a pic of the mongkok outlet. after eating there, the opp building (only open after 12 noon), sell a lot of toys guns and weapons which is the exact replica of the real guns like AK47, GPMG, MP5, etc.

and if you are into collecting car models, you can get those highly detailed models there as well.

hongkong3_1570933c.jpg

No. The name is 一点心 and also in Mongkok. I think it's better than 添好运 but that's my personal opinion [sunny]

Turbocharged

No. The name is 一点心 and also in Mongkok. I think it's better than 添好运 but that's my personal opinion [sunny]

oic. you got the address? maybe I go to try next time.

oic. you got the address? maybe I go to try next time.

It's near Prince Edward MTR station. Take exit A, turn around and walk towards Playing Field Road (near the police station). It's at Kenwood Mansion at the intersection of Tung Choi street.

can also go find "ONE FLOOR ONE PHEONIX"....or fish ball meimei.....many northern ladies (aka ATBs).....thats for nite entertainment......

Anyone has any new or unusual ideas for things to do with kids in Hong Kong.

I have been there more than 20 times and have done the usual stuff over and over again like:

Disneyland, Ocean park, space museum , nong Peng 360, ice skating, peak tram, mini zoo,

Anyone come across new stuff to do with kids?

Anyone has any new or unusual ideas for things to do with kids in Hong Kong.

I have been there more than 20 times and have done the usual stuff over and over again like:

Disneyland, Ocean park, space museum , nong Peng 360, ice skating, peak tram, mini zoo,

Anyone come across new stuff to do with kids?

they dun get bored? go Taiwan ?

grrrrrrrrrrrr...got many threads here but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....still say no have

i gib u chance as the format new...and u aldy say u search...

hv a safe trip

S$500 per night. U damn loaded. Some many 5 stars to choose.

I will be in hk during this period. S$200 i already found it x when i need to stay for 3 nights and paying two rooms.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1