Loanshark Challenges to Report to Police

JackRabbit

Twincharged

paintball??

Paintball.jpg

Don't give the loansharks ideas. Next time they also use paintball gun and shoot the car/house from far away.

As long as the govt dun have the balls to charge the borrower too, this harassment will not end.. the govt may be worried if the borrowers cannot borrow money, they may turn desperate to rob or otherwise, then the govt itself has failed to address this issue.. people not stupid to borrow from ah long unless really boh pian (except for a few cases of hardcore gamblers, but thats another topic) so micro-loans can help them to tide over until they can pay back slowly.. so now the govt is ignoring this problem and try to catch a few loan shark harassers to show some action, but avoiding the real solution... fail....

yup.. agree.. I heard of cases when the seller thinks that he has sold their house "too cheap" to the buyer..because of raising price..

before handover, they go take loan...

As long as they change their IC before handover, they are "technically" out of the pic liao.. Police also wont do much if its just mail harassment..

They only start work when there is an actual harassment... :( Police failed to let the loanshark understand such blackmail is also a crime...

From what I understand.. Police not need to be sg.. PR also can be police right ?

Edited by ShepherdPie
  • Praise 1

i was shocked to see a small shop (100 sq ft) calling itself legal credit company, they are all over the place and only need a small shop area, has ah long business been legalised?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Wow... nowadays, loansharks sibei hiong...can challenge victims to report to police.

Actually, I don't get what these loansharks get out of harrasing the wrong people. Example (in below case), if its a new homeowner where the previous owner was the borrower... how does damaging the new owner's property help the loanshark get his money back??

These loansharks don't go for the real borrower. They identify the property rather than the individual. So long as someone pays up, they are satisfied.

And the Police can't swipe them off entirely. Many still get away and remain operational. Who is at fault - the govt of course!

• Praise 1

Supercharged

can't believe that this police who can wipe out organise crime and secret society in singapore can't stop loansharks.

The problem (as someone already mentioned before) is with the law. That is, there is no penalty for the borrower. So the root of the problem not solve, how to solve the big issue?

This Police can go on capture all the loanshark organisation. But borrowers (the demand) still go around borrowing from loansharks, and so another ah long organisation (the suppliers) will be set-up. And this goes on and on....

These loansharks don't go for the real borrower. They identify the property rather than the individual. So long as someone pays up, they are satisfied.

And the Police can't swipe them off entirely. Many still get away and remain operational. Who is at fault - the govt of course!

What to do.. shortage of Singaporean meh.... I dun think gov is at fault..,its' just shortage of manpower .. and the change in work attitude.

Edited by ShepherdPie
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

yup.. agree.. I heard of cases when the seller thinks that he has sold their house "too cheap" to the buyer..because of raising price..

before handover, they go take loan...

As long as they change their IC before handover, they are "technically" out of the pic liao.. Police also wont do much if its just mail harassment..

They only start work when there is an actual harassment... :( Police failed to let the loanshark understand such blackmail is also a crime...

From what I understand.. Police not need to be sg.. PR also can be police right ?

Wow...I never heard of such tactics at all, until you tell me now. So sell too cheap not happy go sabo the buyer? OMG! [shakehead]

From what I understand, only SC can be in the Police force. PR can only join Prison. I'm not sure about the Customs and Immigration thou....

What to do.. shortage of Singaporean meh.... I dun think gov is at fault..,its' just shortage of manpower .. and the change in work attitude.

All these are the problem of the law. It is not made to the advantage of the Police. Hence the Police can't do much (their hands are tied, and their powers limited).

can't believe that this police who can wipe out organise crime and secret society in singapore can't stop loansharks.

Bro, actually the underground is not wiped off... still exist in the dark and in "peaceful"co-operation with the authorities.. you see the HK movies? As long as the SS folks dun create trouble, they "allowed" to carry on their activities as long as not too hiong, and when the police need help to apprehend robbers or criminals, why you think they so fast can catch? Go magic mirror to see?? hee hee.. sure got help some where one... So its tolerable co-existence that is maintaining the peace, all carry on do their show and all happy right?

As for the ah long runners, they just small time sacrificial lambs for the police to show something to the public.. if really police wanna sweep off the ah longs, then all hell will break loose and many famous names will be thrown up.. now who would want that?? [grouphug]

• Praise 3

The root of the problem is not the harassment by the loan shark. To stop the problem, allow the loansharks to surrender the name of the borrower to the police. Then criminalise the borrower. Once the borrower knows they cannot get away - from the long arms of the law and the loan sharks, they will not borrow. I believe legalised loans companies are doing that.

• Praise 4

Wow... nowadays, loansharks sibei hiong...can challenge victims to report to police.

Actually, I don't get what these loansharks get out of harrasing the wrong people. Example (in below case), if its a new homeowner where the previous owner was the borrower... how does damaging the new owner's property help the loanshark get his money back??

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/loan-sharks-flaunt-destructive-artwork-threaten-homeowner

Loan sharks flaunt destructive 'artwork' to threaten homeowner

20131026_loanshark.jpg?itok=NlGTCpzt

Saturday, Oct 26, 2013

SINGAPORE - A Stomp contributor Anonymous received a threatening letter from a loan shark after moving into a new resale flat.

Anonymous wrote:

"I am the new owner of a resale flat and have been receiving threats and many occasions of paint splash on my door.

"Today I received a professionally-printed letter with previous cases of the loan shark's 'artworks' as a warning that it will happen to Ang Mo Kio estate if the previous owner didn't pay up.

"It even challenged us to report it to the police.

"It looks like the recent crackdown on loan sharks were not effective enough and these people are bold enough to display their 'works' and challenge the Police!"

idea leh !!!

will go borrow loanshark before i sell my house next time.....

• Praise 3

Twincharged

The lao da is the chicken.

Got guts go and splash the paint themselves....

That is not being chicken la. Can get others to do the job for you why do it yourself?

• Praise 2

idea leh !!!

will go borrow loanshark before i sell my house next time.....

Why would you do that, other than for pure vindictiveness toward the new buyer? No logic leh? Besides which, even if you needed the ah long money, there's still risk, because Singapore is a small place - sure can located your new address. Plus things can koyak with the deal and you'll be stuck there.

A better idea would be to beat down the price of a hot property you're looking at by engaging your own fake "ah long". Pay them something (without giving your real details) and ask them to do all this at night to that property you're looking at. Then, the very next morning, before the seller got chance to remove all the evidence, pay them a surprise visit to inspect the house, and pretend to be astonished. Claim that this makes it very difficult for you to offer too high for the house, knowing the extra burden you'll place on yourself. Ostentatiously take phone pics like you're gonna STOMP it. [sly]

Guaranteed an extra quick sale at an extra low price. [laugh]

Talk only ah - please don't actually do this. Very unethical and bad karma.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Why would you do that, other than for pure vindictiveness toward the new buyer? No logic leh? Besides which, even if you needed the ah long money, there's still risk, because Singapore is a small place - sure can located your new address. Plus things can koyak with the deal and you'll be stuck there.

A better idea would be to beat down the price of a hot property you're looking at by engaging your own fake "ah long". Pay them something (without giving your real details) and ask them to do all this at night to that property you're looking at. Then, the very next morning, before the seller got chance to remove all the evidence, pay them a surprise visit to inspect the house, and pretend to be astonished. Claim that this makes it very difficult for you to offer too high for the house, knowing the extra burden you'll place on yourself. Ostentatiously take phone pics like you're gonna STOMP it. [sly]

Guaranteed an extra quick sale at an extra low price. [laugh]

Talk only ah - please don't actually do this. Very unethical and bad karma.

wah... that's really thinking out of the box! You da man!

Got any other ideas, example, want to buy 2nd hand car cheap?

wah... that's really thinking out of the box! You da man!

Got any other ideas, example, want to buy 2nd hand car cheap?

Bro, if I knew that, I'd be in the business! [laugh]

Seriously, I wouldn't mess around with 2nd hand car dealers. Many of them are true-blue sociopaths. You simply cannot out-manipulate them without being one yourself (and I'm not one, I still have human feelings and empathy).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1