Best Wantan Mee?

2cents

Supercharged

i like kok kee. but sibei small portions.

any recommendations for KL style black WTM?

Kok Kee.... you pay $5 for 2 small pcs of wanton and 3 spoons of noodles... its like daylight robbery.....

I never support stalls who fleece customers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Go to Malaysia Boleh food court at Jurong Point. Got one there pretty good including the fatty char siew. It is side by side with the KL Hokkien Mee - also very good.

• Praise 3

i use to have it in the morning 4-5 years back before the renovation, now it become self service and more popular with long queue, i seldom eat anymore [:(]

I see... and last sat i bought 5 packs at $2.5 each for my family... they thought i bought the $3 one cos the portion quite a lot... so i guess it's a mix of ho jiak plus decent pricing... which may then explain why queue is jin long.

Kok Kee.... you pay $5 for 2 small pcs of wanton and 3 spoons of noodles... its like daylight robbery.....

I never support stalls who fleece customers

they have a branch in jurong west. portion bigger. lol

Go to Malaysia Boleh food court at Jurong Point. Got one there pretty good including the fatty char siew. It is side by side with the KL Hokkien Mee - also very good.

thanks bro! shall go try it soon

my favorite is Eng's Noodles..what I like is the egg noodles does not contain dietary alkali(碱) and lots of pork rinds(猪油渣) are provided..my only grouse is their char siew is not roasted and instead flavored with red sauce

any one knows which place has noodles which does not contain dietary alkali(碱) and has charsiew which is roasted..pork rinds(猪油渣) is a bonus though

Ah Eng Wanton noodles at Tanjong Katong!!

Yup. Eng is nice.

For soup, try Imperial Treasure Restaurant, old old FIL sucking noodles with thumbs up. Ho jiak ho jiak, no char siew and sio bak, side order la.

Alkali is needed, else noodles cannot QQ. Baby is needed for traditional taste. So for diet restrictions, try chicken char siew from some of the innovative shops.

Jman888 --- dry noodles mostly becoz we straits people, old timers prefer soup, the power and skill is there, pass or fail....ikan bills with scallops...shiok la. The sea taste. Yum.

Noodles are a gift to the world. Like bread....

Alkali is needed, else noodles cannot QQ. Baby is needed for traditional taste. So for diet restrictions, try chicken char siew from some of the innovative shops.

Jman888 --- dry noodles mostly becoz we straits people, old timers prefer soup, the power and skill is there, pass or fail....ikan bills with scallops...shiok la. The sea taste. Yum.

Noodles are a gift to the world. Like bread....

yes the ikan bilis is a must in the soup, many store nowadays dun have that cos they mainly serve dry noodle.

Since we are on this topic, what is the difference between wantan mee and char siew mee? I get the same no matter what i order.

I guess in HK they are 2 different dish, come to sg/my become 2 in 1 char siew wanton mee.

How about Japanese Ramen cooked by hongky chef.

Try this shop between OCBC and OG at Cuppage Plaza.

The Negi Charsiew Ramen with wonton side order. Dmg about $19.

The soup is excellent. Noodles QQ. The JAP variation not too bad, see Wonton mee is international hur.

The northern Chinese version also quite interesting...

You do know noodles were introduced to Japan in the early 20th century right?

i like kok kee. but sibei small portions.

If you like Kok Kee's, go try Eng's Noodle House at 287 Tanjong Katong Rd.

Kok Kee was my #1 until recently when I tried Eng's.

Noodle is a bit tougher than Kok Kee's, but the firm wanton, fragrant char siew and large portion.... much better value for money

• Praise 1

Try Foong Kee at 6 Keong Saik Street

They sell good roast pork and u can order noodle or kway teow or rice at your option

looks very good! thanks for the recommendation [thumbsup]

I'll probably skip the noodles due to the dietary alkali..as for the roast pork crackling is it crispy and crunchy?

I'll probably skip the noodles due to the dietary alkali..as for the roast pork crackling is it crispy and crunchy?

I hv gone there with 3 different groups of colleagues

All say nice...

Check out the slightly charred char siew n yes the roast pork skin is brittle!

Er, dietary alkali...is very much present in meat...about urine acidity and all that...too much of this food, especially the straits version plays havoc with heart, circulatory system as well as kidneys.

Old timers have huge physical output, so can afford to eat this on rare treat, hey who could afford meat...

Eat once a while can la, overindulge, can hear the heart scream blue murder.

I admit I like sio bak but....have to avoid it. I don't feel like killing my heart. Charred bits are like cancer causing toxic, so ....hmmm.

Not too much, once in a while ok.

Make sure your body can afford to eat this and not your wallet. You eat the pig, the pig will have revenge.....

Still, good wonton noodles are like nice.

All things in moderation, why not some established person here start thread about healthy diet.....

Er, dietary alkali...is very much present in meat...about urine acidity and all that...too much of this food, especially the straits version plays havoc with heart, circulatory system as well as kidneys.

thanks for the advice [thumbsup]

My fave is at Dunman Food Centre, down the stairs. Try to park along Joo Chiat if you can find a spot. The parking at the FC is horrendous.

↡ Advertisement