Engine dies while in stationery

Hasram

Today while i was driving my honda stream, i then stop while waiting the green light. as i was abt to move, i then realised thqt my engine had died n the batt n water red light was on. This was the second time happened aft a month ago. Luckily I am able to start it again. My amaron batt is abt 10mths old.My car aldy 5yrs old. May I seek your expert advise on wat had happened? thanks

↡ Advertisement

when engine stalls those lights will be on. if you can crank most probably it is not your battery. how long have you not cleaned your throttle body and idle air control valve?

• Praise 1

alternator problem?

i have the same issue, stop at traffic light and engine die off.

cant even start again.

I was on the way to agent to change alternator. In the end, call for flatbed.

Edited by Mcf777

I don' think it's the battery. My friend's stream was also having similar problem, the engine some times cut off when he was going uphill or downhill and it was very dangerous.

He mentioned he changed a sensor or some sort and he had not have the problem since.

Today while i was driving my honda stream, i then stop while waiting the green light. as i was abt to move, i then realised thqt my engine had died n the batt n water red light was on. This was the second time happened aft a month ago. Luckily I am able to start it again. My amaron batt is abt 10mths old.My car aldy 5yrs old. May I seek your expert advise on wat had happened? thanks

How come u make first post only n u can straight away start a New Topic?

Has the rules changed????

I don' think it's the battery. My friend's stream was also having similar problem, the engine some times cut off when he was going uphill or downhill and it was very dangerous.

He mentioned he changed a sensor or some sort and he had not have the problem since.

MAF, similar problem for stream

Neutral Newbie

Maybe due to exhuast sensor.. recently i have similar experiences when i driving my 7yrs old Mazda went to the workshop and said that a lot of Mazda cars have the same problem. You can check it out with your familiar workshop.

Bro, my Hyundai Getz also the same problem for the past 5 years. On off engine not happy, it will just die off. I also got CEL for some unknown thing sometimes, but 6 different workshops cannot find the problem also.

Go to forums and ask around for advice, I changed so many things until I lost track. Now I got boxes of sensors which were replaced off my car and I still cannot isolate the issue.

What I'm trying to say is, follow the advice given at your own risk and pocket size. My solution to your problem? Just drive slower and safer only.

Cheers!

Bro, my Hyundai Getz also the same problem for the past 5 years. On off engine not happy, it will just die off. I also got CEL for some unknown thing sometimes, but 6 different workshops cannot find the problem also.

Go to forums and ask around for advice, I changed so many things until I lost track. Now I got boxes of sensors which were replaced off my car and I still cannot isolate the issue.

What I'm trying to say is, follow the advice given at your own risk and pocket size. My solution to your problem? Just drive slower and safer only.

Cheers!

Did u check yr electronic coil pack/distributor?

↡ Advertisement