A Bigger Wedding is Not Always Better

Mustank

Turbocharged

think you accidentally praised him instead. lol

heard hainanese wedding is like that. lol

bo la ... when i junk, i made sure to leave behind my name for him to see also. really kns this kind of people. causing disharmony for no rhyme or reason

I think we should see less of this type of nonsense in the future as we went through this nonsense and many will start to appreciate not imposing this nonsense on our children.

Nowadays, most couple don't want to do the banquet, cos not only spend alot of money, but the time spent is worse. But more often, it's the parents that insist. Parents want face and invite all their friends and distant relative.

One of my friend can't even decide on which hotel to choose to hold the banquet. His mom insist on deciding everything for him. [sweatdrop]

same for my guy friend... his wife oso buay tahan..

but to please the elderly, LL lor..

U mean their guest dont give ang paos meh?

For my wedding banquet, the dinner was $31k. After being offset by the ang pao, I had nett profit of $600! hahaha.

I made 5digits profit.

Those bro that did the traditional route -

each course got meaning right...

Did you choose courses by meanings or did you just go with the flow?

Those bro that did the traditional route -

each course got meaning right...

Did you choose courses by meanings or did you just go with the flow?

no lah. now people choose based on taste and quality of the food lah...

same for my guy friend... his wife oso buay tahan..

but to please the elderly, LL lor..

Hahah.. I tell my parents is my wedding and I will decide what I want. I signed the certificate at home with immediate family and a buffet.

I never need to quarrel or argue with my wife over which hotel to host banquet, which ring pillow to use, where to travel for photoshoot, etc. It was a quick and hassle free process. I am lucky that I am stubborn and my wife believed in the same things.

I think we are happier than many married couples who endured bad times during all the preparation. Not to mentioned, financially we are stronger.

After 100 years, at your deathbed, will u remember your banquet was held in 6 star hotel or the times you spent with her and your kids?

• Praise 7

In view of escalating costs and also please have a kind heart to our restaurant/hotel's owners as it is very difficult to get staff nowadays, please do not hold wedding functions at hotels and restaurants.

So many restaurants have closed shops in the past few months citing difficulty to get labour and poor owners have to toil very hard.

Suggest, we either use the money for a nice holiday or have a simple dinner for both sides parents' family only.

Please, please, please, be kind to our business owners......

upz +10000 pints of beer!

'Bigger' always enjoy more [gorgeous] company ... [sly]

You mean BIGGER belly, neck diameter or LONG AND THICK MEMBER ? Will always enjoys more horny [gorgeous] company [confused]

yeah. i had 2 weddings dinner in fact. and overall 50 tables still can break even. chinese dinner usually wont lose money. only issue is the cash up front lor.

I envy my little prince for having two wives [nod]

Mine was only 15 tables at Oriental Hotel in the year 2000.

Quite a windfall for me as my uncles all came with $1000 ang pows [flowerface]

Next day made cash paymentto the hotel, pay back my mum $5000 that she gave to me ex-gratia and still got remaninder left.

Have to thank all my relatives as they know farmer had it tough [flowerface]

Basket, you never invite me to attend your wedding dinner, my ang bao also very thick and heavy ! It might pierce through your wedding jacket pockets :o

i booked too late. couldnt get a big enough place. so had to break into 2 lor. about 25 table each. one on sat for our own colleagues and friends. one on sunday for relatives and parent's friend.

sibei shagged.

first one lost money. 2nd one earned back. lol

Second wife have more lady luck than the first one ? [laugh]

At the time I held my wedding dinner, the price per table considered quite ex; I had it at a premier hotel in scotts road. Young and foolish.. did not think much about the costs then. More important to make merry, haha!

Of course, the price I paid then is just a fraction of what you guys are quoting now. So I don't know how you guys afford these dinners.

I definately did not profit from my wedding, I think I was down nearly 10K after counting all the hongbao (we called them ang pows in those days). Of course, I could not afford to pay this on my own at that time - so I took a loan from my mom, and paid off in installments over a few years. (And had a domino effect on paying off my house loan and renovations.. ah.. young and foolish, so many regrets, sigh!)

All I can advise you young 'uns is that - follow Bavarian's plan. Don't spend money on wedding dinner. Just elope, haha!

I will ban my future son-in-law and daughter to reads what you and bavarian post in this particular thread, if not I'll loose both of them for my funeral [grin]

where to travel for photoshoot, etc. It was a quick and hassle free process. I am lucky that I am stubborn and my wife believed in the same things.

We did photo shoot in Bangkok -

6 costumes (including outdoor shoot), 2 portraits, 18 Big photos, 12 medium photos, 48 small photos, plus all the negatives

$1100 SGD

by right. the tables you gave them. the angpow goes back to them. so if you gave them 10 table. you lose another 10k.

that's what i kena....

I'm a cantonese and my parent collected all the 20 tables ang bao [grin] from my BIL, but my teochew PIL returns all monetary rewards from their friends and relative to me and wife, both advise us that it is for good luck blessings to our new marriage [:)]

Since the cost of holding a banquet these days is so skyhigh, I think parents will just forgo their moolah to help the couple a wee bit. Especially when the couples had just started out at work with not much savings.

At the end of the day, they just want their "child" to be happy [flowerface]

Next round in my daughter wedding, I shall be planning to rent your farm open space for food caterring buffet dinner [idea]