Small Boy Jumps Off Building On Teacher's Order

Nicholas

chinasuicide.jpg

China National Radio (CNR) is reporting that a 10-year-old Chinese student jumped 30 stories to his death at the order of his teacher after failing to write an apology letter for disrupting class.

Citing several relatives and neighbors of the deceased student, CNR says that the student and several of his classmates were ordered to write apology letters after interrupting a speaking event at the school.

It looks as though the teacher told the student to jump from the building multiple times before he actually did so. CNR says his textbooks contained sentences in which the boy said he was afraid to jump.

“Teacher, I can’t do it,” one of his books said. “I flinched several times when I tried to jump from the building.”

After jumping, the child smashed into a parked car on the street.

Furious family members have posted a banner outside the child’s school reading “The teacher forced our kid to jump off the building.”

The boy’s school released a statement on the death recently saying the child died “by accident.”

A police official in the Jinjiang district would not speak extensively on the death, saying “The police investigation is still under way.”

China, which as a culture values strict adherence to authority, has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. As the Huffington Post reports, suicide is the number one cause of death for 15-34 year old citizens of the country.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/young-chinese-student-jumps-building-kills-himself-teachers-order#

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The teacher probably said, "if you cant complete the work, then you better go jump off the building"

And jump off the building he did. Wah lau....

The teacher must have said it so many times that the boy actually think the teacher meant it. He struggled many times before he jumped... really tragic

“Teacher, I can’t do it,” one of his books said. “I flinched several times when I tried to jump from the building.”

The teacher probably said, "if you cant complete the work, then you better go jump off the building"

And jump off the building he did. Wah lau....

some time dun under estimate the kid's pride of taking orders....

probably won't happen here cos the kid will complaint to the parents and it's the teacher who is forced to jump [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

china really full of b------ds

There are worse cases and uglier people in the world. What about the woman beheaded cause of a handphone? And children raised to be prostitutes from young, taught by their mothers?

I'm appalled by the story mainly because it involves an educator.

so weak one meh ? Like that my brother and I have to die so many times man. When young kept fighting, lose liao sure say YOU GO AND DIE !!

• Praise 1

The teacher must have said it so many times that the boy actually think the teacher meant it. He struggled many times before he jumped... really tragic

I won't call that weak, the weak one will runaway, bo chup or complain to parents liao <_<

The loss of life is sad. But it is very common to say all those words, this even happen in Singapore...

I did heard it when I walk pass a mom scolding his child at the HDB void deck area. They are local...

This show the kid is mentally weak, possible reason parents lack of time spend with their kids, lack of parents' love. It is a social issue. Don't just blame the teacher.

I don't think is anything new, just that now is on the news. So don't say 'Knn'...don't say 'china really full of b------ds'

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1