Help Needed! Car stolen at JB

Keira

a sugguestion: onboard GPS tag your car for frequent roadtrips to neighboring countries...at least you will know when it starts moving without you driving it. haha

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Yes we all can say many SG car driver had their supper and shop there, but lady luck not with every car owner.

So sorry to hear bout this sort of things happen to SG car kakis.

i hope with this sort of case happen to us SG Bros over there we can be UNITED when we see SG Plate in M'sia. make friends with whoever S'porean car driver we met just to show our neighbouring thieves that we SG's are friends just to deter the thieves.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Another sg car kena stolen in JB...funny thing is that why would the driver or family members leave their car in a car wash in jb and back only after 4 hours? [confused] he might be doing polishing but he can take the car key with him mah if he intends to leave the car for a couple of hours...I usually do that..

Also, the driver left his credit cards in the glove compartment too...that would be tempting for the thief rite? probably tempting the car wash guys too if they are illegal overstayers...come on, where's the security alert? [shakehead] I can only say the driver is super careless and suay lor...haiz -_-

so jb chiongsters (me included) please be extra careful...

http://www.thelocalsociety.com/my-car-got-stolen-during-car-wash-in-jb-please-help/?fb_action_ids=10153469463953588&fb_action_types=og.comments

My car got stolen during car wash in JB. Please help!

stolen-car.jpg

Dear all, please do help to spread around and also let your friend take note and beware as well. On 5th July 2015, my brother car got stolen in JB. He is driving a white Honda Civic FD, car plate no. : SGP3968X. We went to JB and park his car at this Perfect car wash beside Ahwee car accessories near KSL shopping mall for washing around 6pm and went back to retrieve his car at 10pm and we were inform that his car was collected by our friends at around 6.30pm, a Chinese guy age group around 30-40 was seen driving off the car.

Credit card was left in the car and according to the bank, the card was used twice, 1st time in JB shell petrol station at 6.45pm, 2nd attempt was at peman kulai permai kulai jaya at 8.30pm. Do help to spread around, hoping to find back his car. Please help. Thanks a lot to those who share. Please kindly contact Joe Ong if there’s any news.

https://video-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/11650015_10153468660103588_1219855618_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjM0MywicmxhIjo2NDV9&rl=343&vabr=191&oh=4bcf77fa2dcde10639b893e6dc4fdce2&oe=559B9764

Edited by Berncsp76
  • Praise 1

Wah.. Never leave car unattended. Their modus operandi, which I learnt from my friend is. They will target those hand over the key, dress up like professional and go and claim the key from the car wash. How the car wash people know whether he is the owner? They won't know. So habis, all gone. Finding back the car is not possible, unless you know the chief police of Johor, maybe still possible. I'm not saying Johor police chief is corrupted or has a part to play. I'm just saying, maybe can help cause of his influence. :ninja:

haha...even the police chief car also kena stolen before some years back but eventually found.

Those car washers mostly ah neh and so many customers go there wash car...how would they be able to remember who is the driver...my regular car wash boss even he pass me his replacement car (cefiro) to drive I also take my car keys with me...and I am only driving a picanto that time. Its the habit that grows in me to heighten my security especially to boleh land.

Wah.. Never leave car unattended. Their modus operandi, which I learnt from my friend is. They will target those hand over the key, dress up like professional and go and claim the key from the car wash. How the car wash people know whether he is the owner? They won't know. So habis, all gone. Finding back the car is not possible, unless you know the chief police of Johor, maybe still possible. I'm not saying Johor police chief is corrupted or has a part to play. I'm just saying, maybe can help cause of his influence. :ninja:

Not sure but maybe...cheap in exchange for a JB car leh.

Thereafter drove to Kulai and use the victim CC to top up petrol and bought a pair of sandals at a sports shop there...and nowhere to be seen till now...

so did the thief pay RM10 for the car wash?

Anyway just help to share the details...coz no point crying over spilt milk...

the perpetrator side view

11666113_10153467952358588_4673876834406

11249477_10153467952383588_132001062630411667459_10153467952418588_8749702860396

Had posted the video earlier of the thief using the credit card at 1 retail sports shop...should be able to see his face clearly...

It was reported that one cannot claim insurance for car loss if you hand over your car key (in that case for valet parking) voluntarily.

Not sure about this case.

All the best.

haha...even the police chief car also kena stolen before some years back but eventually found.

Those car washers mostly ah neh and so many customers go there wash car...how would they be able to remember who is the driver...my regular car wash boss even he pass me his replacement car (cefiro) to drive I also take my car keys with me...and I am only driving a picanto that time. Its the habit that grows in me to heighten my security especially to boleh land.

Not sure but maybe...cheap in exchange for a JB car leh.

Thereafter drove to Kulai and use the victim CC to top up petrol and bought a pair of sandals at a sports shop there...and nowhere to be seen till now...

Where you wash your car? Got replacement car, not bad leh. I also wanna wash there. I usually stand there to watch, move my car myself. No ah neh sit in my car before to drive. Always on high alert mode in JB. They get hold of the key, they can drive straight out of the car wash, run also cannot catch up.

very sorry for your loss bro (the one who's car got stolen). but come to think of it, you left your car at 6pm and then only at 10pm you turned up to collect it? Sorry but makes me think that you wanted to save the parking at KSL. But anyway very sorry for your loss but i guess even in SG you don't leave your car unattended at all with another unknown person, n this is JB.. oh well.

Hope you get some help from JB police.

• Praise 1

(edited)

but in spore when i sent in my car for grooming ... i also left the key there wor ... so how?

just for discussion sake, will any owner (including expensive car like BMW M5 or Porsche) sit there 3-4 hours overseeing the entire grooming session?

even in spore ... i see people come back to pick up the car after grooming and the groomer just ask which car and give them the key ... how and what to verify the car owner?

anyway, shits can happen in spore too but JB if you leave your car unattended, gone in 60 seconds [sly]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

but in spore when i sent in my car for grooming ... i also left the key there wor ... so how?

just for discussion sake, will any owner (including expensive car like BMW M5 or Porsche) sit there 3-4 hours overseeing the entire grooming session?

even in spore ... i see people come back to pick up the car after grooming and the groomer just ask which car and give them the key ... how and what to verify the car owner?

anyway, shits can happen in spore too but JB if you leave your car unattended, gone in 60 seconds [sly]

I leave it there whole day. Jialat liao.

Need to take leave to guard my car.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I guess most of us assume directly from the description given that it is a car wash. If it was polish session as well, then it would be more understandable but yet not view the victim in positive light.

like many have said, he is careless to extent of leaving the credit card in the car. even in Singapore , I tend to sit and watch my car being washed. for a place like jb, I don't even leave the key with the washer or in the car.

I have never sent my car for polishing in jb though. again I find it not exactly worth the trouble and anxiety to send it to jb car polish.

what about those send in their car to sin ming or kaki bukit for servicing or minor repair ... sit there whole day? majority will leave the key and return to collect car end of the day right?

anyway, shits can happen in spore too ...

but JB that's normal and if you leave your car unattended, gone in 60seconds

JB is not called cowboy town for no reason ehh ... hehe

Supercharged

Another sg car kena stolen in JB...funny thing is that why would the driver or family members leave their car in a car wash in jb and back only after 4 hours? [confused] he might be doing polishing but he can take the car key with him mah if he intends to leave the car for a couple of hours...I usually do that..

Also, the driver left his credit cards in the glove compartment too...that would be tempting for the thief rite? probably tempting the car wash guys too if they are illegal overstayers...come on, where's the security alert? [shakehead] I can only say the driver is super careless and suay lor...haiz -_-

so jb chiongsters (me included) please be extra careful...

I'm not even sure if this car owner is first time into JB or what ? How could you leave your car at the car wash for 4 hours, and also your credit card inside?

Even if I drove my car to any car wash there, I would remove all my valuables (including passport/TNG/cashcard) before I handover the key to the washer.

↡ Advertisement