Help Needed! Car stolen at JB

Keira

Hypersonic

SKS645J. This car is deregistered.

So # plate confirm fake.

Car returned to owner. Social media is good if used in the right way [thumbsup]

Social media sleuthing: A Singapore-registered car belonging to Mr Joe Ong was stolen in Johor Baru, but sharp-eyed netizens who spotted the car on Malaysia's roads helped to track it down and to apprehend the suspected car thief. http://str.sg/ZsTf

• Praise 3

He is one helluva LUCKY guy

Car returned to owner. Social media is good if used in the right way [thumbsup]

Social media sleuthing: A Singapore-registered car belonging to Mr Joe Ong was stolen in Johor Baru, but sharp-eyed netizens who spotted the car on Malaysia's roads helped to track it down and to apprehend the suspected car thief. http://str.sg/ZsTf

• Praise 1

i wonder why the thief did not change the plate to fake MY plate instead of a fake SG plate? simi logic? isn't fake MY plate is harder to identify?

Hypersonic

i wonder why the thief did not change the plate to fake MY plate instead of a fake SG plate? simi logic? isn't fake MY plate is harder to identify?

MY polis will not be able to know?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If put Malaysia plate, have to put their JPJ (our equivalent LTA) roadtax. Also need to take out the ERP unit. Basically the thief is stupid never do his due diligence. Nowadays who will still use stolen credit card to buy things over the counter? It's just telling ppl your location. Likewise, if you found a EZlink card, you use on MRT/bus also confirm chop can be traced.

There are CCTV everywhere and anywhere, cheap to install too. This is no longer the 80s or 90s.

I thot about this. Yes you are right about the road tax. As for IU, there are Malaysian cars who install IU due to frequent usage in SG.

I'm just wondering why the car was not in bits and pieces as what syndicates would do.

This is most likely just a small time car thief. Lucky for the owner I suppose.

If put Malaysia plate, have to put their JPJ (our equivalent LTA) roadtax. Also need to take out the ERP unit. Basically the thief is stupid never do his due diligence. Nowadays who will still use stolen credit card to buy things over the counter? It's just telling ppl your location. Likewise, if you found a EZlink card, you use on MRT/bus also confirm chop can be traced.

There are CCTV everywhere and anywhere, cheap to install too. This is no longer the 80s or 90s.

Yes, if it had been a syndicate, its in some container liao. This thief is a rookie.

Lucky is one thing. But if stolen by organized crime syndicate, he wouldn't even see it again.

Kudos to those sharp eyed and helpful ppl who helped to see stolen car returned. It's time like this that one's faith in humanity is restored.... That there are still ppl about with caring hearts beating each beat with wanting to do the right thing. It is always much easier and convenient not to bother or be kpo.

Car owner lucky to get his car back. I hope all car thieves are like this one. Let's not teach rookies what they should hv done to avoid detection.... No need to add more experts to this occupation.

Haiz.... Be wise, be safe and be alert whilst in bolehland. Watch over yr rise too.

Cheers

• Praise 1

SKS645J. This car is deregistered.

So # plate confirm fake.

This is a car chase video??

Maybe the thief already released... like the hp thief in KL. M'sia polis Wayang only