Home renovation tips

Gary469

Neutral Newbie

HDB already approved the removal, thats why i asking if need special skill set or tools to remove the wall with stiffener

Hi Yeshe, If u dun mind me asking. The wall which HDB approved for removal... On the floorplan, is it a dark line?

I'm also thinking of doing the same but unsure if possible cos some say thick dark line on floorplan means cannot hack.

I know it's 3 yrs since post but I hope u can enlighten me on ur process experience.

Turbocharged

Hi Yeshe, If u dun mind me asking. The wall which HDB approved for removal... On the floorplan, is it a dark line?

I'm also thinking of doing the same but unsure if possible cos some say thick dark line on floorplan means cannot hack.

I know it's 3 yrs since post but I hope u can enlighten me on ur process experience.

The wall will not have dark lines. It is not the wall that cannot be hacked, but rather the pillars that cannot be hacked.

Turbocharged

Please don't mind that I hijack this thread. Anyone knows where I can get someone to machine/custom make out 2x pieces of granite drain covers.

I can't go back to the original contractor anymore.

I broke it by accident so I can furnish the fella with a granite sample if that helps.

Wow granite drain cover, try Polybuilding (S) Pte Ltd. Actually, if your drain is a standard one, there are PVC off the shelves drain cover available. Not sure if they sell them in Sg but in JB Giant they do. Good luck.

Dark lines normally refers to the structural wall which cannot be hack at all. No point trying.

Only the thin lines can be hack as they just serves the function of partitioning.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thank you for the replies.

So basically ur wall stated in floorplan is 2 pillar (dark lined) and in centre non darkened line.

Haiz well that sucks for me. :P

Wow granite drain cover, try Polybuilding (S) Pte Ltd. Actually, if your drain is a standard one, there are PVC off the shelves drain cover available. Not sure if they sell them in Sg but in JB Giant they do. Good luck.

I guess the PVC ones are the same as the swimming pool type right?? I'm using them also for my longkang in my house too and I cover it up with pebbles to make it look neater; I will try to send photo if I can  

post-157298-0-47509500-1497065393_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Thank you for the replies.

So basically ur wall stated in floorplan is 2 pillar (dark lined) and in centre non darkened line.

Haiz well that sucks for me. :P

Well, you got to look a bit further as floor plans are 2D. If there is a structural beam (an existing thick column at the top of the ceiling while below is just normal bricks thinner section), it may still be possible to hack the lower portion. Just that the thick column is a no no. Need do get a PE to assess and submit a request to Hdb.

Looking for MRT sleeper timber for the bacony. 

Anyone knows which contractor I can approach to by the old sleeper ? Wanted to level it but not hack the floor.

Dear all,

maomao getting keys soon and now I start to shop for lights.. Basically I love those kinda industrial theme lights. Anyone got lobang for lighting shops with affordable pricing? I've seen taobao website liao, still skeptical and also scare spoil liao no place bang table so I still prefer to buy from a shop. Thank u thank u in advance~ [laugh]

Dear all,

maomao getting keys soon and now I start to shop for lights.. Basically I love those kinda industrial theme lights. Anyone got lobang for lighting shops with affordable pricing? I've seen taobao website liao, still skeptical and also scare spoil liao no place bang table so I still prefer to buy from a shop. Thank u thank u in advance~ [laugh]

Brilliant source lighting at Joo Chiat. The owner is a nice, honest guy. Doesn't upsell and wants to understand your theme etc before suggesting. Call before you head down as he might be on site.

Added bonus is the kuey, bak chang store opposite. Really, really good food. Parallel parking place only, just in case you are parallel parking phobic. [laugh]

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

i pity their upstairs and downstairs neighbours. Their clothes gonna smell like food in the future. 

Not the first time I see this but it's not common, most people have it in their kitchen not the yard.